Recent Topics

Ads

Rune priest questions .

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jalidan

Rune priest questions .

Post#1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello all few questions
1) what are the must have tactics for sc and 6 man roaming?
2) what heal spells are used most and which ones are never use because of cost or just bad return per cost?
3) most effective build for above mentioned sc roaming .
4) what armor is best mid to end game say all conq or set mixing ?

Thanks

Ads
Glorian

Re: Rune priest questions .

Post#2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Search for the Bitterstone Handbook.
There is a very thorough Runepriest guide answering your questions.

kaje

Post#3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:34 pm

1) I always run Restorative Burst, Blessing of Grungi, and Ancestral Inheritance. My 4th tactic, I usually run Ancestor's Echo, but will sometimes run Sundered Motion if I'm solo queuing and can't rely on others for protection.

2) the only one's that terrible and should never be used is the 1 second cast direct heal + HoT that costs 55AP. The other heals, you gotta get a feel for when the right situation to use them is. Keep Rune of Regeneration up on everyone, Rune of Serenity on your main mDPS. If you don't need to focus heal, just spam group heal. There's a good chance it will proc Restorative Burst and your gear's AP proc and it's almost a free cast AP wise. Wait half a second and reposition a few steps between casts to regenerate a tick of AP.
It will also maximize the number of your group members that will have Blessing of Grungi on them before they need focused healing. If someone needs focused healing and they don't have Blessing of Grungi, spam Grungi's Gift and try to get it on them. Rune of Restoration is your biggest heal, if you'll have time to cast it on them before they die, use it, if not spam Grungi's Gift to keep them alive long enough for your other healer to hit them with a bigger group or single target heal.

3) Left tree up to stagger, take the stagger and Master Rune of Fury. Rest of points in the right tree, take Ancestor's Echo, and Master Rune of Adament if you want. I used to use Adamant back on live when being pushed hard because it could activate the AP proc on gear, and I'd get more AP and be able to spam more heals than with Fury. Adamant doesn't seem to activate procs on this server though, and its healing is negligible, so I don't really use it. Fury gives AP to everyone in your group and increases their effectiveness.

4) Vanq for the AP proc. The buildup time reduction proc is useful too. I skipped Conq all together, went from Annihilator to Vanq. I was RR48 though when I hit R40, didn't get any conq gear before I started earning Vanq. Vanq seems superior to Invader as well IMO.
Fenny of Combine, Elite, and Myrmidons from Volkmar

Kaje - Rune Priest

Mujrum - Zealot

jalidan

Post#4 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 pm

@Kaje what are your renown points spent on?

kaje

Post#5 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Max heal crit. I haven't really decided what I want to spend my points on beyond that yet. Your main priority should be not dying, and renown should be spent on things that increase your survivability. Resolute Defense was huge back on live, 15 seconds of CC and snare immunity on a 2 min cooldown at max rank. If a Marauder was trying to pull you, you could pop RD while their tentacle was on you to block the pull. It's disabled on this server though, alongwith Cleansing Wind, removes all debuffs on you, which I used to spec to 1.

I'll probably spec Quick Escape, since Odjira, which was a talisman that went in your boots and did the same thing, doesn't exist on this server. The rest of my points will probably get dumped into reduced chance to be crit.
Fenny of Combine, Elite, and Myrmidons from Volkmar

Kaje - Rune Priest

Mujrum - Zealot

Egoish

Post#6 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Heal crit, dodge disrupt, speed proc, mix of initiative and futile strikes