Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Actual BiS gear?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jabba

Re: [Slayer] Actual BiS gear?

Post#11 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:49 pm

LexicaWAR wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:38 pm the most -arpen you'll ever face is 20% and that is against pug zealots/chosen running terrible tactics.
Did you really just call regenerative shielding and warping the spirit 'terrible tactics'?.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Jabba

Post#12 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:11 pm

LexicaWAR wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:00 pm
Jabba wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:49 pm
LexicaWAR wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:38 pm the most -arpen you'll ever face is 20% and that is against pug zealots/chosen running terrible tactics.
Did you really just call regenerative shielding and warping the spirit 'terrible tactics'?.
Sacrificing a tactic slot for -10% arpen and 1k armor that doesn't stack with any other source, on a 25% proc based on hot ticks of all things ~

Good on you.
You did just read what the tactic does right?, you didnt just copy it from somewhere without understanding a word of what it means? -10% armour pen is pretty huge lol, the uptime is good unless you're some group heal spamming simpleton.

noobwarrior

Post#13 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:28 pm

I don't care what equipment you have or what your skill is, I kill you all.. Relife^^^

Jabba

Post#14 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:34 pm

LexicaWAR wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:21 pm
Jabba wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:11 pm
Spoiler:
LexicaWAR wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Sacrificing a tactic slot for -10% arpen and 1k armor that doesn't stack with any other source, on a 25% proc based on hot ticks of all things ~

Good on you.
You did just read what the tactic does right?, you didnt just copy it from somewhere without understanding a word of what it means? -10% armour pen is pretty huge lol, the uptime is good unless you're some group heal spamming simpleton.
Uptime and reliability are foreign terms, I guess; -10% arpen are neglible compared to the tactic slot you are sacrifing for it.
Try to get any meaningful returns on that while your group is facing a proper assisttrain, running their shatters through NB, whilst gcd starving and CC'ing you for their burst window.

But well, continue playing welfare bot for pugs that can't afford armor pots or itemize properly to begin with.
hahahahaa, oh you're one of those. Yes all those 'slayer trains' are wrecking you because they put shatter limbs on NB. That must be it.

Nothing to do with the fact that they come up against players like you, who apparently don't understand basic things about the game, such as the fact that slayers are a physical damage class that relies on armour penetration for good damage. Because if you did know that, you wouldn't be calling a tactic that reduces those slayer's armour penetration on targets, and adds more armour on top that they have to penetrate, ****? Right? Surely you wouldn't be doing that?

Jabba

Post#15 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:06 pm

LexicaWAR wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:45 pm Associating the word 'shatter' in combination with 'NB' in the context of a proc based on the ticks of a blessing, with SL - okay then.

A slayer doesn't care about -10% arpen (on a 25% based on a hot tick, no less) if hes stacking WS and running 7/7 invader, let alone an actual assisttrain* (= armor debuffs, burst, CC and guardstrips) of any description.

Again, you do you.

E: Sorc timestamps, BoC rotations, Torment/AW spam, morales, yadayada. I am tired of this pointless discussion. Even if you maintain and utilize multiple tactic sets, these ones still yield little to no tangible returns.
Okay in hindsight, i admit that was stupid of me to assume you were talking about shatter limbs. But the point remains, this tactic offers more for a group (especially when your original point was fighting slayers) than most other choices. Name a better alternative that offers more.

Jabba

Post#16 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:02 pm

LexicaWAR wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:44 pm By Tzeentch' Will
Tzeentch' Grip
Blessing of Chaos
Chaotic Forces
Endless Gifts
Restorative Burst

Even the gimmicks yield better, albeit highly situational returns (depending on format).

Empowered Alteration
Sweeping Disgorgement

A morale pump for yourself on a class that has no need of anything higher than an m2
A more expensive spammable cleanse that would be even more situational than warping the spirit.
A selfish ap proc that isn't necessary if you take the ap ritual and have vanq/chosen/use pots

Razorfoot

Post#17 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:44 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:44 pm Sorry to Necro but would rather not remake a post by the same name.

With the Invader bonus being good and Blood Lord set being out, how much weapon skill do most people top out at in full Invader, bloodlord, and highest renown scen weapons? I am curious to see the difference in armor penetration between such a load out and my own in 4 vanq, 2 invader, 3 BL, and subjagator.
Anyone have any updates on this? or the OP's question. whats BiS now
KOTBS - RazorX 40/70
SLAYER - RazorffotX 40/56

Toshutkidup

Post#18 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:19 pm

To the OP, Im not sure what "BiS" gear is anymore as I dont follow or have any of the PVE gear ( Blood Lord, Sent or anything ) That being said for me BiS is Invader 7 pc and SC ( new) Weapons. WIth That and BL/Genesis Pieces Im: 991Str (No Pots) and 645 WS, 7.5KHP and I run a 0.6% Chance to be Crit, 11% Melee Crit and 41.5% Parry Build, Armor Pen is 45.9%. Just to hand out my stats. Keep in mind I run solo so my stats and build might be bit different than most Slayers.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
BarniGrollheimer

Post#19 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:26 am

quick question: it seems like weapon dps if your dual wielded is just calculated from the weapon you slot in your right hand(can anyone confirm this). Does that mean that the weapon dps of second one is irrelevant and I should slot one in my second with better pros and stats?
Barnii Grollheimer - Slayer 40/80
Frostthrone - Bright Wizard 40/75

CountTalabecland

Post#20 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:28 pm

BarniGrollheimer wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:26 am quick question: it seems like weapon dps if your dual wielded is just calculated from the weapon you slot in your right hand(can anyone confirm this). Does that mean that the weapon dps of second one is irrelevant and I should slot one in my second with better pros and stats?
Indeed dps calculation comes from mainhand so put the one with the best dps there. However, procs can come from off hand weapon the same as a main hand. I confirmed this by testing on the practice dummies in Altdorf if you want to check yourself.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.