Recent Topics

Ads

[Runi] Questions on builds

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
cheezeman992

[Runi] Questions on builds

Post#1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 pm

I'm still in T1, and I'm making both a full healer and a DPS RP. All of the builds I've looked at vary a good bit on a lot of the skills and tactics used. I figure I'll figure some of that out on my own to some degree based on play style. My questions are these. Most everyone seems to agree on stopping at Rune of Binding in the Grungni line. Is the T4 moral skill useless or is it a case of losing too much in other area's to get it? My other question is how to spend RR points. I've only bought a couple, heal crit and willpower,which seemed logical, but I've seen a lot of posts about NOT doing that. Have I already gimped my full heal Runi?

Ads
Dammy095

Re: [Runi] Questions on builds

Post#2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:14 pm

dont worry, you cant gimp yourself , mastery respec is free and renown respec is cheap

Mire

Post#3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:40 am

There is some good advice for RP builds on the RoR wiki.

Mastery tree and renoun wise your best to use critical healing and especially the tactic called runic blasting which gives a big boost to your single target heals grungni's gift. Full left tree and half right tree, atleast that is what I do. Get runic blasting tactic, choice of one or the other of the ground target runes (AP or Heal) and go full critical healing and willpower when you spec your renoun. Then the rest of your points into dodge and disrupt.

So your tactics will end up as runic blasting, discipline, grungni's blessing and restorative burst.

RoR.builders - Runepriest
Guild - High & Mighty
Main - Dolgen - RP 40 - RR 72
Alt - Calist- KOTBS 40 - RR 63

adamthelc

Post#4 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:58 am

My experience with dps on my RP is very limited, so take this with a grain of salt.

There are 3 things that are notably worth getting and you cant get them all. Rune of Nulification, Efficient Runecarving and Rune of battle. I think immolating grasp is also nice, but like I said I haven't tried it much.

Personally I would only do Rune of Nulification, Rune of Battle and fill in the blanks. RP isnt that attractive of a dps to me, so I would only do it for the AoE heal debuff. But I think if you are looking for a more well rounded DPS spec Valaya and pair it with something else might be better.

For healing I would only go Rune of Binding, Master Rune of Fury and Ancestors Echo. But there are probably other specs that work well too.

As far as renown points go, it probably depends on what you are doing, your playstyle, what hear you have and what you spec. I wouldnt worry about it much until you have enough of a feel for the class that you can make the decision yourself. Having said that I probably wouldnt go crit until you at least have some talents that benefit from it.

Personally I would never get a M4, but I have never even tried them.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:40 am

Mire wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:40 am There is some good advice for RP builds on the RoR wiki.

Mastery tree and renoun wise your best to use critical healing and especially the tactic called runic blasting which gives a big boost to your single target heals grungni's gift. Full left tree and half right tree, atleast that is what I do. Get runic blasting tactic, choice of one or the other of the ground target runes (AP or Heal) and go full critical healing and willpower when you spec your renoun. Then the rest of your points into dodge and disrupt.

So your tactics will end up as runic blasting, discipline, grungni's blessing and restorative burst.

This spec looks pretty much like a pve heal build, albeit even there the ap rune is much better.
Dying is no option.

kkprfx

Post#6 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:04 am

Mire wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:40 am There is some good advice for RP builds on the RoR wiki.

One of the worst specs I have seen on forums, not taking the AP rune for yourself and your group is terrible, not taking ancestor's echo adds a lot more pressure for you, blessing of grugni is one of the main reason to take an RP to the group.

Spec stagger, AP rune in the left tree. Ancestor's echo in the right tree.

Tactics are blessing, ancestor's echo, armor tactic and armor on hot. Your can take halftime stagger and KD tactic as well.

Dolgens spec is extremely gimped and selfish, Not bringing any group utility.
Gabber

Haskr

Post#7 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:57 am

Someone help me please, my RP is low level:

-> Does the armor on Regenerative Shielding stack with armor pots?
-> Does the armor bonus from Ancenstral Inheritance stack with armor pots?
-> Is Runic Blasting not used in high level builds for a high crit on Grungni's Gift? As I get it Grungni's Gift is the main kite heal.

Thanks in advance

lefze
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 am

Haskr wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:57 am Someone help me please, my RP is low level:

-> Does the armor on Regenerative Shielding stack with armor pots?
-> Does the armor bonus from Ancenstral Inheritance stack with armor pots?
-> Is Runic Blasting not used in high level builds for a high crit on Grungni's Gift? As I get it Grungni's Gift is the main kite heal.

Thanks in advance
Regenerative shielding does not stack. Still a must have tactic.

Ancestral stacks.

No.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
LazarusParadox

Post#9 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:56 am

[/quote]

Ancestral stacks.

No.
[/quote]

Just to confirm, you said no to the last question, does that mean the DO NOT use Runic Blasting or they DO?

lefze
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:00 pm

LazarusParadox wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:56 am

Ancestral stacks.

No.
[/quote]

Just to confirm, you said no to the last question, does that mean the DO NOT use Runic Blasting or they DO?
[/quote]

It's not used. The below is what people generally run, Stoutness of Stone is also a very good tactic option.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,3846,3886
Rip Phalanx