Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Tests on lvl 13 "Armor Pierce Ammunition"

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dansari

Re: [Engi] Tests on lvl 13 "Armor Pierce Ammunition"

Post#11 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Balance is also not done by anecdotal "this person gets top kills in zone" because for all we know it could be oil, or lucky deathblows on pugs. Thanks for the math Lesti
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Kragg

Post#12 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 am Still don't know why engi are getting buffed. What spec is thorbolt? He hits like a truck and gets over 60 kills per zone.

Maybe instead of buffing an engi so you can play it. Just ask thorbolt for advice.

Currently this is complete nonesense.
Still complaining about BT at sieges? ;)
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#13 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 pm

So ignoring numbers??? That's how you balance mods work? Yeah that makes sense.

Lots of classes have single and AOE abilities in the same tree.

dansari

Post#14 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 pm So ignoring numbers??? That's how you balance mods work? Yeah that makes sense.

Lots of classes have single and AOE abilities in the same tree.
:roll:
<Salt Factory>

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 am Still don't know why engi are getting buffed. What spec is thorbolt? He hits like a truck and gets over 60 kills per zone.

Maybe instead of buffing an engi so you can play it. Just ask thorbolt for advice.

So one Engineer out of the dozens on the server plays well and that means the class doesn't need any changes? Lol idk if you ever play order but, role a pug scen and see how new/bad players on engineer do. It is clearly not a class that one can pick up and own the zone/scen with it, if it was the 4-5 engis per scen would win them all for order.

Thorbolt and BT put tons of time and thought into their play and play well, this does not mean bring out nerf bats and whines for the whine god. This isn't even a "buff" its swapping a test ability in for one that was under-performing. I guess that makes it a "buff" in the sense the bad abilities are being worked on. Destro on these forums are unreal.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#16 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:10 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:46 pm

So one Engineer out of the dozens on the server plays well and that means the class doesn't need any changes? Lol idk if you ever play order but, role a pug scen and see how new/bad players on engineer do. It is clearly not a class that one can pick up and own the zone/scen with it, if it was the 4-5 engis per scen would win them all for order.

Thorbolt and BT put tons of time and thought into their play and play well, this does not mean bring out nerf bats and whines for the whine god. This isn't even a "buff" its swapping a test ability in for one that was under-performing. I guess that makes it a "buff" in the sense the bad abilities are being worked on. Destro on these forums are unreal.
I have a lvl 60 engi, full beast lord with Merc and I can tell you the class is over powered. I havent tried the new change but before the change they we're imsane. Really good AOE I would say the best. Really good mobility with turret tactic, and really good burst. The M3 I almost felt bad. Would see a healer doing really well and I do a rotation plus m3 instant 2400 dmg and they dead. When a class already has high WS and a armor debuff they don't need a armor penetratiom as well. And what's up with the bonus int debuff plus BS. That's the best 5 piece bonus in the game.

Meanwhile a dok gets a touness debuff....um they already have a touness debuff skill. Can't even get the beastlord gear stats changed. There are way more subtle changes that could be done. Instead of these unnecessary changes. Engi we're in a good spot a bit OP but fine. There is no need for a change. Focus on other classes.

lefze
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:10 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:46 pm

I have a lvl 60 engi, full beast lord with Merc and I can tell you the class is over powered. I havent tried the new change but before the change they we're imsane. Really good AOE I would say the best. Really good mobility with turret tactic, and really good burst. The M3 I almost felt bad. Would see a healer doing really well and I do a rotation plus m3 instant 2400 dmg and they dead. When a class already has high WS and a armor debuff they don't need a armor penetratiom as well. And what's up with the bonus int debuff plus BS. That's the best 5 piece bonus in the game.

Meanwhile a dok gets a touness debuff....um they already have a touness debuff skill. Can't even get the beastlord gear stats changed. There are way more subtle changes that could be done. Instead of these unnecessary changes. Engi we're in a good spot a bit OP but fine. There is no need for a change. Focus on other classes.
And that bonus isn't exclusive to engy, sits on gear, and is hence 100% irrelevant? Not to mention the proc is being removed. And Engy is by no means OP, and especially not anymore so than Magus.

Comparing anything related to dok to an engy is like comparing a pie to a pizza.
Rip Phalanx

Darks63

Post#18 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Sounds like this ability would allow rifleman engie's to skip some ws in favor of more suvivability stats.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
wonshot

Post#19 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:39 pm

After I saw this ability in the patchnotes, I instantly thourght about if this could be some wierd fix that gave Engineer the same "backup aoe firepower" Magus for example has on destro, for warband warfare. After running pug warbands for a couple of hours with a 13Rifleman 13Tinker build, I was seeing slight improvements vs tankline, but the same core issues still persisted for fullfilling a role as mobile aoe dps'er in largescale.

As for the useage of this new 13pointer in Rifle I think Engineer is getting a little close to being overtuned for singletarget, I atleast perfer to take my Engi for a spin in pug solo sc rather than the BW.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Reesh

Post#20 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:39 pm I atleast perfer to take my Engi for a spin in pug solo sc rather than the BW.
I feel the same thing, it's just more reliable with lesser chance to counter the rotation by few easy steps. What's fun is the state of magus, that he's better then both of those in ST department, but, at least there are only just a few magus that can maximize its potential.