Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer Giantslayer Spec?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: Slayer Giantslayer Spec?

Post#31 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:29 am

OgiWanBG wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 am In this line of thought , the old school Troll/Skave with DW and ID isn't worth it after nerf ?
Also why everyone avoids Power Through ? Wont you lose dmg without it ?
Thanks,
You get more inc damage than you lose.
The tactic is only good in situations your side controls, aka pve encounter or fights against weaker opposition, who don't manage to put pressure on you.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Reesh

Post#32 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:29 am
OgiWanBG wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 am In this line of thought , the old school Troll/Skave with DW and ID isn't worth it after nerf ?
Thanks,
The tactic is only good in situations your side controls, aka pve encounter or fights against weaker opposition, who don't manage to put pressure on you.
I don't agree, power through is vital, however that only applies to a full 6 man that have the skills to keep you alive.
Yet in every other situation, like soloing, pugging, doing a duo/trio, VI is much better.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am

Reesh wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 am

I don't agree, power through is vital, however that only applies to a full 6 man that have the skills to keep you alive.
Yet in every other situation, like soloing, pugging, doing a duo/trio, VI is much better.
Meet another 6man with decent players and the slayer will be the weak link.
Dying is no option.

Reesh

Post#34 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:38 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am

Meet another 6man with decent players and the slayer will be the weak link.
I agree to disagree if slayer knows how to gear up/spec properly (^_-)

roadkillrobin

Post#35 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am

Personally I think the new Spellbreaker is completly bad and reggresive design. Reminds me of Destroy Confidence that made Shaman situationally better of not doing what it was supose to be doing and buffing and hoting.
This spell punishes the oposing realm if they play good and punishes support classes if they play well and use thier skills effectivly. It's completly backwards imo.

OgiWanBG

Post#36 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:12 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:29 am
Thanks,
Should've wrote its about 6man, with most times 4-5 man parties, but at least always have tank and a healer. Dont have the intention to roam alone .
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

kcfalcon

Post#37 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 pm

I really appreciate all the input and discussion. I feel like I'm learning quite a bit! So far, I think I like the 2H / Giantslayer setup best, but I'd also like to make myself useful in a warband. Therefore, in an effort not to necessarily have the most extreme Giantslayer build, but rather in an attempt to "have the best of both worlds", I came up with the following build. With VI I could chain SB, Devastate, and DB...but Shattered Limbs from Skaven would be helpful in a warband. Any feedback?

http://www.ror.builders/career/slayer/s ... ,4061,4049

kmark101

Post#38 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:42 am

If you want warband play, then I suggest go dual wield, it's lightyears better than any 2h build you can make.

From Skaven tree take: ID, Shatter Limbs, No Escape.
From Troll tree take: Rampage, Fierce Might.
(put remaining point into Skaven tree to increase damage)

Tactics: Brute Force, Wild Gambit, Flanking, Fierce Might.

You can do this build at lvl 40/45. Mix and match BL, Merc and 2 piece Domi gear for capped str only with +18 str talismans which are extremely cheap. Add a +80 str potion to reach cap. As you are getting more rich slowly exchange talis for higher value ones and add some WS and Ini too)

Go and destroy all enemy!
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
kcfalcon

Post#39 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 am

I completely agree...for a STRICTLY warband player, skaven would be the way to go...probably exactly as you described it. BUT...my goal is more of a Giantslayer who also has something of value to offer a warband. Is it a bad idea to have a build that targets both? Or should slayers just make up their mind to go either full Giant + some Troll or full Skaven + some Troll?

kmark101

Post#40 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:52 am

kcfalcon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 am I completely agree...for a STRICTLY warband player, skaven would be the way to go...probably exactly as you described it. BUT...my goal is more of a Giantslayer who also has something of value to offer a warband. Is it a bad idea to have a build that targets both? Or should slayers just make up their mind to go either full Giant + some Troll or full Skaven + some Troll?
Yes, it's a bad idea. You would bring exactly 0 value with a Giantslayer spec to a warband. Of course you can play whatever you want and spam Flurry/Wild Swing with your 2hander, but why would you intentionally gimp yourself?

Btw there is also a 3rd build: troll and some giant, for solo play or pug scenarios.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker