Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer Giantslayer Spec?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wdova

Re: Slayer Giantslayer Spec?

Post#41 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:33 am

2H slayer is the way I like the most, but currently running DW skaven+troll because is more universal(solo, party, warband) and I lack reasonable crit chance. With verry low crit chance(6%) DW deal more sustain with all offensive tactics(Brute force, wild gambit, flanking, push for more). With 2H you need as much crit chance you can get(full conq 8%, 2h rr45 4%, full genesis 3%, 30-45 rr points in to crit 9-14%) and have to trade some of those tactics to slot Power Thru(not recommended :D), Breaking point and/or violent impacts. That means You have to drop Brute force or flanking and/or Push for more.
Someone hate new spellbreaker, but I like it a lot especialy in chain like Devastate-Spellbreaker-Deathblow.

Everyone has theyr "own" builds which fit to theyr playstyle the most.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:10 am

Wdova wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:33 am 2H slayer is the way I like the most, but currently running DW skaven+troll because is more universal(solo, party, warband) and I lack reasonable crit chance. With verry low crit chance(6%) DW deal more sustain with all offensive tactics(Brute force, wild gambit, flanking, push for more). With 2H you need as much crit chance you can get(full conq 8%, 2h rr45 4%, full genesis 3%, 30-45 rr points in to crit 9-14%) and have to trade some of those tactics to slot Power Thru(not recommended :D), Breaking point and/or violent impacts. That means You have to drop Brute force or flanking and/or Push for more.
Someone hate new spellbreaker, but I like it a lot especialy in chain like Devastate-Spellbreaker-Deathblow.

Everyone has theyr "own" builds which fit to theyr playstyle the most.
You don't use full conq, nor full genesis as 2h slayer/choppa. It's a bad combination, where you lose too much for too little gain.
Conq-BL-Ruin mix gives over 100 STR more for only 2% crit less for the armor set alone. Genesis set has 2 useless filler pieces, which waste a lot stats only to get 3% crit.

The only tactic you drop is brute force in order to slot violet impact(I don't like power through either). Breaking point, wild gambit and flanking/push for more are set.
Dying is no option.

kcfalcon

Post#43 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:58 pm

[/quote]

Yes, it's a bad idea. You would bring exactly 0 value with a Giantslayer spec to a warband. Of course you can play whatever you want and spam Flurry/Wild Swing with your 2hander, but why would you intentionally gimp yourself?

[/quote]

I appreciate the straighforwardness. Just to clarify, even with a 2H Giantslayer build...if I can charge into a group of destro, hit Shatter Limbs, and slow down all their skill timers, does that truly have ZERO value to a warband? Or should giantslayer-specced slayer not bother joining warbands?

It just seemed like Shatter Limbs seems like such a powerful skill compared to what I would get from putting those points into Troll.

Definitely not intending to argue...just want to learn, and very much appreciating all the input!!

Sulorie

Post#44 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 pm

kcfalcon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:58 pm

I appreciate the straighforwardness. Just to clarify, even with a 2H Giantslayer build...if I can charge into a group of destro, hit Shatter Limbs, and slow down all their skill timers, does that truly have ZERO value to a warband? Or should giantslayer-specced slayer not bother joining warbands?

It just seemed like Shatter Limbs seems like such a powerful skill compared to what I would get from putting those points into Troll.

Definitely not intending to argue...just want to learn, and very much appreciating all the input!!
The most useful aoe skill needs dualwield, so using 2h is indeed no option in warband.
This doesn't mean you can't join, just swap your weapons, while your build stays the same.
You basically only miss the random pull.
Dying is no option.

Muurloen

Post#45 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Is power through still nerfed?
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*