Recent Topics

Ads

[Runi] Build: ST DPS Sniper support "Balin" Pattern Mk I

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

[Runi] Build: ST DPS Sniper support "Balin" Pattern Mk I

Post#1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 am

The Dwarf Snipersquad is a highly successful ambush and keep offence/defense weapon. In the field with a Kiting Destro Sixmen it has brutal deficits. If you need to run behind a retreating group you can’t keep up Damage on the move or Slow down the targets on range. If you get close for a Spanner Swipe, Barbed Wire or Landmine you can get loners, but not a destro group with two healers.
For that purpose I will try to build Sniper Squad Support Runepriest to support deficits of the Kegsniper “Thorbolt” Pattern Mk III.

What the Kegsniper has is:
100ft Very High Damage
125ft High Damage
185ft Low Damage

High Amount of Damage Dots:
Signal Flare
Incendiary Rounds
Hollow Points Tactic

Utility:
Stagger 65ft Landmine – In reality less as it needs a little time to be active
Snare 5ft
Knockdown 30ft on Turret – Only a last resort tactic as you instantly destroy 20% damage output
Knockback 65ft on Concussive Grenade
Knockback 100ft on Hipshot if tactic equipped – Usually not equipped in Sniper Squad
Knockback 65ft on Strafing run - Usually not equipped in Sniper Squad

Conclusion:
The Utilities are all great if you run your Engineer in an AoE Warband, it is less useful if you try to take down targets on 100ft. As 100ft is the preferred Range of the Sniper Squad. The sole problem is, that a target after at longest 5 seconds realize it has been targeted and is retreating, getting healed, getting guard, drinking potions. If the Engineers are in their full readiness and don’t need to put in Keg or Turret, or drink their own potions then 5 seconds are enough to take the target down.

Solution:
The Sniper Support Runepriest “Balin” Pattern Mk I

Utility:
100ft Snare
100ft Healdebuff
100ft Stagger
100ft Silence
-0.25 Sec Casttimes for the group

Build:
RoR.builders - Runepriest

There are better ST DPS Builds. But the main idea of the build is, that you work in tandem with some Snipers. So you don’t need the Middle Tree Dot, or Focused Fire. Your job is to: Snare, Stagger, Healdebuff.
That’s why your two main abilities you push to the max are Rune of Immolation and Rune of Striking. For that you take the two tactics to increase the Crit chance and make both abilities undefendable. Undefendable is not really undefendable on RoR. There were changes on the defence tactics. And I’m not sure where they are now. My last known state is, that undefendable reduces targets chance for disrupt by 100%. IF the target is currently on some super buff like +100% disrupt, and has his own disrupt of 18%, then undefendable brings the target from 118% to 18%. So it is not allways, but still. -100% is better than to try to put Runi attacks on another healer or tank and getting 40% disrupts.

Your job is NOT:
Take down the target on your own.
Heal your group through everything. -> You have with the left tree a High ST Heal. But you are not specced for Heal.

Renown:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;005 ... 0000000000
Magical Crit for the Healdebuff
More strikethrough is actually unneeded. The two main Abilties are already undefendable. I’m currently on RR 51. So will maybe tweak this build more.

Rotation:
Rune of Immolation (inst) – Dot and maybe Snare
Rune of Striking (2 or 1.75 or 1,5 or 1,25 sec) – Damage – Casttime Reduced, undefendable, +15% Crit chance, +25% Damage from last patch.

That’s it. These two are masterbuffed by your tactics. So use them all the time.

Rune of Fire (inst) – if on the move
Rune of Stagger (inst) – to catch targets on the move. The Stagger breaks on Damage. But 1 or 2 seconds are still important for the rest of your team to get closer, or stop the target for one sec to move out of effective firing range. If you use it on the Snipe rotation in the Sniper Squad, don’t start with it. In the Snipe rotation the Sniper usually puts on 2 Dots and then starts the Damaging ones. If you activate a stagger in front the target realizes instantly that it is targeted. So wait at least 1 or 2 dots before staggering.

Spellbinding Rune (1sec) – Silence and dot. But not buffed by Mastery or any target. Maybe to hit a rezzing Healer with it. With some Speed Runes Casttime will be on 0.75 or 0.5 which is almost instantly.

M1 Rune of Insanity - Damage and -200 AP vs Healer Sniping
M2 Focused Mind puts Rune of Striking on 1 sec or even 0,5 secs if you have one or several Runes of Speed.

Gear:
Need some feel for it, currently in full Conqueror. Fellow Runis told me to switch to 4 Conqueror and 2 Mercenary.
The SC Dominator set has some nice buffs and in total 4% Disrupt Strikethrough. While this is nice, if you stick to the two buffed Attacks you don't need extra Strikethrough.

Jewels:
First goal is the Genesis Scholar set which is the DPS set. Maybe changes after Testingphase.

Talis:
tbd

Discussion:
This build is untested and I will start to test it in two weeksTM when I have my Engi on RR80.
So what are your thoughts on it?
But please remind the Focus of this build. He is not planned to run solo or in warbands, but run in a ranged castheavy rdps group. So he should also work in a SW/AM or an BW Group.

Also in a keep defense situation the Sniper Squad usually fires from the 3rd Floor or Oilspot. With 125ft range and Snipes to catch them retreating, that us usually nor Problem. The runi with his 100ft is on Range need to operate on the Walls or the 2nd Floor. He is there a major target for all the Sorc and Magi AoE attacks. I need to see how this can be solved in a combat situation.
Last edited by Glorian on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
AxelF

Re: [Runi] Build: ST DPS Sniper support "Balin" Pattern Mk I

Post#2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Gear wise for DPS Runie I run Anni shoulders and the Fist inf reward helm for extra crit, then mix 2 piece conq and 2 dom on the bottom 4. You'll lose the defensive bonuses from full conq but will hit harder.

I think you might have linked the wrong build too, it has Rune of Fate and no Rune of Binding or Rune of Speed.

Glorian

Post#3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Ah yes, I corrected the build, thanks.

What is please the "Fist inf reward helm" ?

kweedko

Post#4 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Glorian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 am
M2 Focused Mind puts Rune of Striking on 1 sec or even 0,5 secs if you have one or several Runes of Speed.
Does Runes of Speed is stacking with it'self? :shock:

wonshot

Post#5 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Glorian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm Ah yes, I corrected the build, thanks.

What is please the "Fist inf reward helm" ?
Im pretty sure he is refering to the T4 empire helmet from 2nd influence reward, it has a 2%critchance decent stats for dps zealot/rp.

The gear setup I would personally use on a Healdebuff Zealot/RP and prioritize critchance as the main focus for max uptime of the incomeing healdebuff would be something like this:

Helmet: 2%crit, 16willpower, 20 wounds, 20 ini (T4 emp 2nd inf reward)
Shoulders: 3%crit, 28willpower, 14wounds, 18int (anni)
Chest: 3ap/sec, 35willpower/Int, 19toughness, 13 wounds (Conq/dominator)
Gloves: 2%strikethrough/dodge, 27int/willpower, 8wounds, 15 touchness (domninator/conq)
Boots: 3%crit, 16int/wilpower, 10wounds, 27ini (Domninator/conq)
Belt: 36magic/heal power, 18int/willpower, 6wounds, 12 ini (dominator/conq)

Accesories: full genesis for 3%crit

Weapons: Scenario mainhand for 2%crit and Subjugator offhand for additional 2% crit.

15% from items with this setup. Depending on desired setbonuses you can mix it up and get 2piece bonus from Anni, or go all out crit and go for lower level items such as T3 empire inf reward belt with 1%crit and 2%crit Devastator gloves, as those two items are the only slot-holders I could find with crit on them. But using those will break alot of set-bonus' and will be stat losses overall.

Basicly plenty of options since this is such a flexible mechanic to gear around.
Last edited by wonshot on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Glorian

Post#6 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:13 pm

kweedko wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:01 pm
Glorian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 am M2 Focused Mind puts Rune of Striking on 1 sec or even 0,5 secs if you have one or several Runes of Speed.
Does Runes of Speed is stacking with it'self? :shock:
Yes, all speed bonuses ingame stack.
But it doesn't really making sense to push them under 1.1 seconds.

On a dwarf Engi Grenadier with Tactic Expert Skirmisher, and enemy in 20 feet and two runes of Speed you can push the 1sec Grenades to 0 second casttimes. But as I said, 1 second or 0.1 seconds doesn't make a difference, you need to wait after each ability till the end of the GCD.

The only benefit is, that you might make less casttimes and more room for your AA to fire. Or if you are real top notch to move for 0.9 seconds between each cast. ;)

But Runis rarely take the masterrune of speed as warbands are AP hungry, so they usually take the most left tree AP Masterrune.
Also the Rune of speed is only usefull in a group where you have casters. In a 2/2/2 setup the Healers themselves and the 2 DPS maybe benefit from this. Except if the DPS are mdps, or the other healer is like a WP with almost no Casttimes in his career.

The 3 Engi, 3 Runi Speed group is known till 3 years. It also worked like this on live. But we have problems bringing 6 Engis together, let alone have a heal Runepriest. Usually you are happy if you have another Sniper specced Engi in your group. But with the recent interest of the Sniper Squad I plan to build up at least two other Speed Runis.

kweedko

Post#7 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Glorian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Yes, all speed bonuses ingame stack.

I don't remember a GCD on casted abils on live, cause never looked at it.

Ok, now i wish i can try 6 men Runes of Speed party :o I bet it's a real strong **** and it's gonna be brutal.

Glorian

Post#8 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:53 pm

kweedko wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:07 pm
Glorian wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:13 pm Yes, all speed bonuses ingame stack.
I don't remember a GCD on casted abils on live, cause never looked at it.
Ok, now i wish i can try 6 men Runes of Speed party :o I bet it's a real strong **** and it's gonna be brutal.
On live I don't know but here on RoR for sure.
If you bring the engi flame bomb to 0.25 seconds you still need wait 0.85 seconds till you can cast anything else.

The trick on a ST DPS Runi group would be to push Rune of Striking near 1 second. Gunblast on Engi turns then into the best DPS ability the engi has. Even better than Focused Fire. But also Group heal could be pushed to 1.5 seconds with 4 Runis. Like you have allways M2 up.

But you run pretty fast in AP problems. For that you need at least one Engi with the AP Tactic on his Turret.

Ads