Recent Topics

Ads

[Runepriest] Runepriests DPS builds

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fontaami

[Runepriest] Runepriests DPS builds

Post#1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 am

Hello everyone, not many runepriests run DPS builds, so I would glad to see some builds/advices on how to create decent one myself. I'm running full healer build and want to try something new.
Volo ergo sum

Ads
Glorian

Re: [Runepriest] Runepriests DPS builds

Post#2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:11 am

Need to wait for Kolland to show up here and maybe post some builds.

He is a beast on ST DPS when in small scale and AoE DPS when he runs in the Dwarf Warband.

Fontaami

Post#3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:18 am

Thanks for reply Glorian, I think I saw Kolland a few times in scenarios, but I'm not sure. Will be waiting for him.
Volo ergo sum

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:59 am

Build for Scenario, RVR or PVE?

Fontaami

Post#5 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 am

Preferably Scenario/RVR
Volo ergo sum

AxelF

Post#6 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:51 am

For non-WB play I'd go with the following:
RoR.builders - Runepriest

As it gives you some good ST and AoE damage options, 4th tactic slot you can play about with Potent Runes, Stoutness of Stone, Sundered Motion - you've got a lot of snare options to avoid being caught by melee, and Efficient Runecarving provides strike through and some reasonable off-healing.

I've not tried Concussive Runes, there's a balance discussion thread about it up now, not sure if it's bugged or not atm. Extended Battle would be brilliant but it's bugged and only affects Rune of Cleaving atm - still semi worthwhile for now but an absolute must when they get round to fixing it.

For organised WB play it's all about spreading the heal debuff:
RoR.builders - Runepriest

You're pretty much useless out of WB-scale with that build though as to get the heal debuff you sacrifice your life tap healing and strike through from Efficient Runecarving, as well as your best ST dps ability. You are able to bring the ever-welcome Master Rune of Fury and ST stagger however.

For smaller scale you can also try the above build, swapping out Rune of Battle (and some left tree abilities depending on RR) to bring the heal debuff and MRoF plus Efficient Runecarving and Rune of Burning, but tbh unless no other dps can bring a heal debuff, you're better off with the first build.

The class suffers from the fact that the 4 key dps abilities are high up in each of the three mastery trees. Hopefully this viewtopic.php?f=95&t=27565 proposal will be looked at soon which would provide a much more sensible option.

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 am

For scenario you kinda need to be rr70 or 60+ with a bonus Mastery point in Valaya or Grungni.

RoR.builders - Runepriest Single target

For RVR.

RoR.builders - Runepriest AoE dps

Glorian

Post#8 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 am For scenario you kinda need to be rr70 or 60+ with a bonus Mastery point in Valaya or Grungni.

RoR.builders - Runepriest Single target

For RVR.

RoR.builders - Runepriest AoE dps
First one is the classical ST DPS Build. With Rune of Breaking Activating, and you healing yourself while doing Damage to the Target.
Rune of Fate is like Signal Flare, and Rune of Burning like a Focused Fire, only with Elemental Damage on it.
Tactic Immolating Grasp is good on the ST Runi to have a ranged Snare on a fleeing Target.

Second build is the Classical AoE Damage, and Healdebuffer.
Every Warband needs one, and it works best if used by a high Level Runi with a lot of Critical Jewels and Gear and with a Kotbs with Critical Aura activated.
We run that one on the Dwarf Warband, and are searching for a second one to put into Warband.

And as roadkillrobin says, both build require some RR on your Ribs to maintain them.

Ads
Fontaami

Post#9 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Okay thanks all for advices, I'll try to get more renown to run on the dps builds. Also, a bit off-topic question - does morale 4 Alter Fate work? I tried to use it but it seems morale doesn't work...
Volo ergo sum

AxelF

Post#10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:14 pm

No it's bugged, I've heard anecdotally that it also means that anyone who you try to rez with it then can't also be rezzed normally but I've not tested it myself. Best to remove it from your hotbar until it's fixed either way.