Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Pewpew Autoattack Max

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ramasee

Re: [Engi] Pewpew Autoattack Max

Post#11 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:03 pm

The AA swing timer will not drop below 0.1s (or something smaller, cant remember exactly) while you are currently casting/channeling.

So if it was going to cast 1s into your gun blast, it will pause the AA and happen almost immediately after your gun blast. You do not lose the AA, but you do lose 1s of AA swing time so over time of casting you will have less auto attacks.

As such you get more auto attacks throwing grenades, but grenades don't get benefit for weapon dps so often you run weapons with less weapon dps in favor of better procs/stats on the weapons.

Stacking AA haste is really effective for PvE damage, but not that useful for PvP (on an engi)

Ads
Glorian

Post#12 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:30 pm

I checked my Rifle and Pistol Cache.
Most T4 Rifles are at 2.4 Secs.
There is but one Rifle with a Speed of 1.5 secs.
But that one is a lvl 4 Rifle with 90dps instead of 550dps on the subjugator.

So you could bring it to 0.86 but it does only minimal damage and you loose time anyway when doing a 1 sec cast.

Reesh

Post#13 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Problem is that, rifleman which is to-go spec for killing soft squishy pugs basically disables aa haste builds cause of long cast times.
On the other hand grenadier is so lackluster, so weak beyond belief that it's not even funny. AA hits from 1hander weapon won't save that tree regardless.

ONLY way for it to work, is to build yourself around tanky melee tink build (spanner swipe spam anyone? ^^).

wachlarz

Post#14 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Rly u wanna kill some1 with autoattack ?

Glorian

Post#15 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:12 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm Rly u wanna kill some1 with autoattack ?
Not killing. But getting 570 Damage every 2.4 seconds on the target, or ever second is a difference.
Especially if you have some BW Procs Ready or a proc on yer Rifle.

roadkillrobin

Post#16 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Isn't 100% increase just half the vallue?
Like 2,4 becomes 1,2 with 100% AA bonus and thats were it hard caps?

Also Engie have decent Armor debuff and WS tactic so seems kinda pointless to argue that Armor pen limiting.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lefze
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Glorian wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:12 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm Rly u wanna kill some1 with autoattack ?
Not killing. But getting 570 Damage every 2.4 seconds on the target, or ever second is a difference.
Especially if you have some BW Procs Ready or a proc on yer Rifle.
Really doesn't make a difference, especially when you take into consideration all the sacrifices. The crit, conq proc and tactic sacrifice makes it extremely inefficient. And you also get 10% AA haste from conq shoulders anyways, the true gain from Redeye is only 15%.
Rip Phalanx

Darosh
Banned

Post#18 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:56 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:29 pm Isn't 100% increase just half the vallue?
Like 2,4 becomes 1,2 with 100% AA bonus and thats were it hard caps?

Also Engie have decent Armor debuff and WS tactic so seems kinda pointless to argue that Armor pen limiting.
It follows the formular I've posted, but there seems to be no hardcap whatsoever.

You could try it with a WE (provided SS haste stacks with GSI, which is likely due to it being a custom change) and a Choppa.

There is a epic quest dagger for WEs with1.5s ~ GSI grants 35%, Oathstones 15%, Redeye 5/6 25%, SS 50%, Conq Shoulder or Onslaught Gloves 10% = 135% haste.

1.5 / (1 + 1.35) = 0.63829 ~ 0.64 AA, if GSI and SS stack.

Had my take on AA already, getting (close) to GCD (1.1-1.3) is as far as haste should get you ~ either things are capped through standardized weapon speeds (e.g.: 2.4 and higher, like it is the case atm ~ aside from few rather unviable exceptions; e.g: epic quest in DoKs/WE/SL/WH with sub 2.4, sub 2.0 and sub 1.8s speeds respectively) or through a hardcap like you assumed there is, which, again, I doubt there is (no one has yet given the devs a reason to introduce it, even tho' it should be possible to push the AA below GCD without SS/GSI synergies [e.g: DoK with similar setup, 1.7 epics and GSI gets to 105-115% haste, iirc - correct me if I am wrong, please. It's been a while since I checked out all the fun-theorycrafty stuff.]).

Luckily, in any case, almost all DPS procs were changed to invoke 1-1.5s ICDs....

E:
Spoiler:
Note:
All odd words are the product of german autocorrect nonsense that can't be disabled, the **** phrasing stems from my broken english ~ you're welcome.
Can't be arsed to correct everything, especially if I habe to continue using this trashtier Smartphone...
Last edited by Darosh on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Glorian wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 pm While roaming today Karast talked about an interesting Engi build.

Redeye Gearset (attack haste) + SC T4 Weapon + Auto attack increase tactic should get your auto attack to an insane level.

Downside is only that you don't auto attack while running. And the ranged abilities like snipe, gunblast, focused fire blocks your auto attack. Grenadier should be good for it.

Has anyone tested it and have numbers on the measured real auto attack seconds?
there is also a tome jewelry set :D

Glorian

Post#20 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Ekrund Mk IV Field Test 1.

Click here to watch on YouTube