Recent Topics

Ads

secret weakness magus pet / engineer turret still melting

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
naugrim

secret weakness magus pet / engineer turret still melting

Post#1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:15 am

As you know the patch for white lion pet make magus pet / engineer turret melting. Even after the fix by Natherul the turret can't sustain damage. The weird thing is now smart players aware of this weakness focus now magus pet /engineer turret first because that remove the range -25% and debuff the damage of the magus/engineer by -40% damage and to rebuild a magus pet/engineer turret he requires 8 seconds to arrive at +40% damage.

So if you wanna use the weakness of both engineer/magus focus turret/pet first even with aoe is enough sometimes as both can't sustain damage anymore and melt in around 3 seconds.

This is even more difficult for close combat magus with blue horror or engineer flame turret as aoe or single target destroy pet/turret so fast.

As close combat it's even more harder because there is another bug = the blue horror/flame turret now have only 32% disrupt (4%x8) after 8 seconds that don't stack with you own disrupt (see bugtracker engineer flame turret disrupt calculation wrong #11479)

So even if you put all you renow point to disrupt/dodge renow it's useless....

Before the white lion patch its was really challenging to destroy magus pet/engineer turret and both were never focus. They always focus the engineer/magus that in my opinion should be normal.

Thank for reading me until the end and thank for all the team to make this game even better everyday !

Ads
Minipuce

Re: secret weakness magus pet / engineer turret still melting

Post#2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:00 pm

I totally agree !
Minipuce, 89 RP - Minilune, 82 AM - Minibulle, 81 WP
Le Clan des Exilés

cimator

Post#3 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:04 pm

naugrim wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:15 am
As close combat it's even more harder because there is another bug = the blue horror/flame turret now have only 32% disrupt (4%x8) after 8 seconds that don't stack with you own disrupt (see bugtracker engineer flame turret disrupt calculation wrong #11479)

No, .getstats just doesnt show avoidance gained from stats, its working correctly
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Darks63

Post#4 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:22 pm

Yeah it would be nice if that tactic that gives the turret/demon more wounds was spun into the class.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

CptPiggy

Post#5 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:49 pm

cimator wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:04 pm
naugrim wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:15 am

No, .getstats just doesnt show avoidance gained from stats, its working correctly
so does it stack with my own disrupt and dodge or not? Can dev or Gm confirm that? because I dont know if its worth to put points in deft defender.

cimator

Post#6 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:21 pm

CptPiggy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:49 pm
so does it stack with my own disrupt and dodge or not? Can dev or Gm confirm that? because I dont know if its worth to put points in deft defender.
Ofc it stacks, deft defender is a flat bonus, flame turret is buff, you can check it via .getstats also
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

perche

Post#7 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am

magus and engineers need a tactic like that of the squidherders to increase the damage by 25% when the turret is not in use, would be an intermediate solution between mobility and dependence of the turret/demon at the cost of losing 15% of damage.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am

perche wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am magus and engineers need a tactic like that of the squidherders to increase the damage by 25% when the turret is not in use, would be an intermediate solution between mobility and dependence of the turret/demon at the cost of losing 15% of damage.
Another tactic to choose from on an already tactic-starved class? The whole point of the class is its dependency on its mechanic, i.e. pet. If your pet is left alone, your damage skyrockets (among the highest burst in the game - probably top 2/3 if played/spec'd well); if your pet is killed, you go back to average damage. It's akin to Slayer mechanic, i.e. risk (standing still)-reward (3.3k+ crits).

If anything, make a proposal arguing that the pet should be tougher and defend your position.

Ads
perche

Post#9 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:43 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am
perche wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am magus and engineers need a tactic like that of the squidherders to increase the damage by 25% when the turret is not in use, would be an intermediate solution between mobility and dependence of the turret/demon at the cost of losing 15% of damage.
Another tactic to choose from on an already tactic-starved class? The whole point of the class is its dependency on its mechanic, i.e. pet. If your pet is left alone, your damage skyrockets (among the highest burst in the game - probably top 2/3 if played/spec'd well); if your pet is killed, you go back to average damage. It's akin to Slayer mechanic, i.e. risk (standing still)-reward (3.3k+ crits).

If anything, make a proposal arguing that the pet should be tougher and defend your position.

I'm currently playing an engineer on the lv 60 rr and I've never seen a 3.3k crit hit with the x8 bonus and ballistic cap since the nerf of morale 2 , it's true that in scenarios you can take advantage of the mechanics of the turrets but in open rvr it's impossible to use it except in keep because being still 8 seconds = you are dead.
I still think that a 25% damage tactic for not carrying a turret would be the average term between mobility and damage, you lose maximum damage and distance but you gain mobility by not having to worry about the turret.
The other option is to autofollow the turrets and demons.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Klesko

Post#10 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am
make a proposal arguing that the pet should be tougher and defend your position.
It's not exactly a very tough position to defend... And that said: I will very happily support/defend anyone that waxes poetic that pets need to be made less squishy on RoR. This includes all pets, on both sides of the realm.

Whatever you need, screenshots, time to kill time stamps, I can start collecting that, both: my own pets when I'm playing pet class, as well as my gleeful destruction of enemy pets.

We can start with the observation that ui grid healing does not allow for targeting of friendly pets... this completely quashes previous rebuttals in the proposal section of: "This is a team game: Get gud & grovel before your healers to babysit your pet." Let alone the fact that pets will always, always, always, always be the lowest priority heal targets even if reasonable targeting/health monitoring was made available for healers.