Recent Topics

Ads

Returning duo, debating a pair of engineers

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cythraul

Returning duo, debating a pair of engineers

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 pm

Hey guys, coming back after a reasonable time away and wanting to play Order this time! Usually we play mdps and a healer of sorts, but thinking maybe a pair of engineers would be fun? What do you think, if you were gonna roll as a duo what would you play?

Ads
Eathisword

Re: Returning duo, debating a pair of engineers

Post#2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 pm

I've had most of my fun with IB + another tank (regen SM or regen knight, super fun). Otherwise, defensive engie + IB is cool and IB + dps RP also very cool.

All are fun to play. Might not be the best combos, but they are a blast and all have very good potential.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

kmark101

Post#3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:27 pm

With IB + Engie combo you can duo every PQ's with kiting (and level superfast).
In pvp you will be overrun with destro 600 person zergs anyway so might as well do the same setup!
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Glorian

Post#4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 pm

IB + RP is a blast as a duo.

IB can buff the Willpower quite big as well as almost everything other on Runi. Runi can keep him alive quite a lot.

IB Engi also works great, a Keg Engi gets his Willpower almost doubled with IB buff.

Cythraul

Post#5 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Yeah I'm over looking for "best" of whatever, I just wanna have fun at this point and I see a dwarf in my future :P

I didn't know IB buffed their duo partner like that, that's good to know! Any other classes have good synergy on Order side I should know about? And thanks for the info! :D

Jaycub

Post#6 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Mdps sucks, double wh/we is kind of fun but ultimately a gimmick.

Double engineer is all around the best, however any combination of sh/sw and am/sham is good.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Glorian

Post#7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Jaycub wrote:Mdps sucks, double wh/we is kind of fun but ultimately a gimmick.

Double engineer is all around the best, however any combination of sh/sw and am/sham is good.
Double Sniper Engineers are also fun. We ran some pretty good Scenarios with them. You can join the Pug SCs and need an Assist marcor or Swift Assist the tool. Fast Target selection and then shoot fastly the Squishies like Sorcs and such. One Sniper alone cant kill anyone fast enough. But double Snipers can do it pretty good.

Or go Grenadier/Tinkerer Combo. Slower and less fancy, but going to melt them good.

For some Info on the Engineer here, you might want to check the guide.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=22035

Jaycub

Post#8 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Double engineer is recommended because it has probably the highest skill floor/ceiling AND effectiveness in terms of duo play. It's only weakness is not having a healdebuff which can be overcome with it's utility namely AoE stagger.

I say low floor because in terms of bad play, you can just sit inside a zerg or on a keep wall at a defense and just destroy people from 150ft away, not even taking into account things like cannon smash combos.

In terms of 2v4, which in reality is going to be the hardest thing to win but still possible against good players double engineer is the only thing I can think win, double we/wh could get a kill or two and escape but killing more than 2? no.

This is going to come down to good setup, positioning, and good communication of when the stagger is coming in and then taking out a healer then putting the pressure on the next healer if there is one. And behold, engineer has a range interrupt to stop res, as well as punt so technically you could stop 3 res attempts between both of you. In terms of kiting potential its 2nd only to sh imo, I think it's better than SW simply because the range increase and the fact you have access to every single CC known to man besides silence?

Any other 2 man has no chance 2v4 unless they don't have a healer or are incredibly bad. double AM doesn't have the dmg output especially when under pressure, same for SW/AM. Any duo with a tank has the same problem but worse. 6 sec stagger is pretty much incredible when used properly and is going to let you win against 4 people even if they have 2 healers (not all the time of course just saying it is possible on duo engineers).

Engineers are also the greatest pug class ever, so you guys can que up scs and have a blast, join a wb anything except hardcore 6v6 which doesn't even exist anymore really.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
szejoza

Post#9 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 am

Get third one and create ultimate bashing trio of dwarfs with IB+RP+Slayer x)

Well, actually not, slayers are not that stronk

Double engi sounds like fun, but as I'm ignorant and haven't played any other class more than for a few levels can't say what it is to play them :D
Spoiler: