Recent Topics

Ads

[ENGI] Aoe farming help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jaegge

[ENGI] Aoe farming help

Post#1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Hey guys,

I started a Engi toon this weekend and i heard that He is pretty good at farming. But i need some help with the build you are using for it and how to actually do it. Like what turret to use and such.
Thanks in advance for your help (:

Ads
BuckFiddy

Re: [ENGI] Aoe farming help

Post#2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 pm

I'd like to know this too. I've been under the impression that Engi is more of a single target dps class until I read that they're apparently really good at AOE farming, so clearly I've been doing something wrong lol.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Basic spec for aoe farming that I use, 100% uptime:

http://www.ror.builders/career/engineer ... ,3659,3640

I put RR into max parry/rest into futile strikes. I put armor talis in my gear, so I'm running around 4.3k+ with tactic slotted, and decent parry from rr/gear/tactic.

Use keg off cooldown (you can have 2 up at once), use rift if it gets too sticky, use the aoe pet (flamer turret), keep rod up for big pulls, use aoe dots, and then spam blunderbuss. Use the defensive morale2 in emergencies, you won't run out of AP with the tactic slotted.

For particularly large pulls (you can pull as many mobs as you want, as long as you have a keg up), move back to turret, rod, and then magnet. Then go to town.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draknor

Post#4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:50 pm

I don't know if the way I play it is the best but it has been very efficient for grinding, I'm now lvl 36/18 with 16h of play.

It's pretty simple, I go full Tinkerer, use the flame turret and get from 3 to 8 mobs at a time (depending on their lvl compared to mine). Acid bomb > Friction Burn and then Blunderbuss blast until everything is dead. You just have to be careful of your positioning so the turret can do aoe on every target.
It even gets easier when you get Bugman and Lighting Rod, and if in trouble you can use your land mine of electromagnet when available. It's all a question of timing between skills but when you get used to it, you feel invincible.

Try to find some PQ or just random packs of mobs and just chain them, it's real fast and easy.

BuckFiddy

Post#5 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Awesome info, thanks guys.

Jaegge

Post#6 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks for the help guys!

thats what i was looking for (:

Danmir

Post#7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 am

For grinding mobs I use smth like this:

http://www.ror.builders/career/engineer ... ,3648,3647

Flame turret for buff, acid bomb, napalm, rod, static, friction, spaner, mine if needed. Keg on CC

Thx to this build I farmed over 400 gold in 2-3 days

Sledgehammer Clan list:
Danmir Sledgehammer
Morngrim Stoutbrewer
Rukh Wyrdmake
Gazul Firebrew
Haargen Deathbane

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:08 am

Just spam Keg/Friction Burns/Blunderbuss in that order with Steam turret upp. Use Acid Grenade for pulls.

Spec full parry and keep enemies at your front.
Slot tactics that reduce inc dmg over out dmg ones.

Ads