Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wdova

Re: Slayer help

Post#11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 am

I must be verry boring with writing the same over and over again, but according Your post You are not Warhammer online veteran. In this case I STRONGLY recommend stay in low tiers and do as much PvP action as You can(RvR and Scens). You must gain some expirience with the class. When and how to react in particular situations. Since You picked up the most vulnerable melee DPS, You should join guild and make tank and healer friends who will follow You most of the time. As a Slayer You dont need as much crit as WL or WH for example and especialy in lower tiers at rank 19 and 20 I would rather spec rr in to parry or weapon skill if You have group which can keep You alive if You have low avoidance. Live of a Slayer will teach You patience, because You will die a lot :-)
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#12 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 am

This what Wdova wrote is very important, get experience but I can also recomend you this build for low lvl PVP if you actualy don't play in none premade only solo:

RoR.builders - Slayer

-Use the talismans to wounds, try get this statistic on max level.
-Spent 20 Renown Points on dodge/disrupt.
-Use dual wield to get + 10% parry.
-Stay in berserk state to get heals from Tikin' chances tactic.

Also remember to:

-Stay cloose your healers/rdps and kill tanks/mdps which attacking them.
-Sometimes, come closer to the enemy, and kill the healer or rdps if they come too close.
-Be ready start running away.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am

Skalier wrote: -Stay in berserk state to get heals from Tikin' chances tactic.
It's a wasted tactic slot even if you play solo. As long as a fight lasts you don't want to stay in red. And when the fight is over you can regen and need no tiny heal. Slotting wounds or armor talis and using both brute force and wild gambit to cap str is much better.
Dying is no option.

Skalier
Banned

Post#14 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:15 am

Well on Mid Tier healers start spam AOE heals so maybe Tikin' chances may be not needed and better take Wild Gambit or Brute Force and on 21 lvl buy Rampage.

http://www.ror.builders/career/slayer/s ... =4049,4070

But as you do not play at premade you count on yourself. And very high wounds will be needed here. The best try everything for a little :D

Grock

Post#15 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:32 am

I think at lower RR it might be better to get pure stats(str, wounds, ws) from RR because they seem to be boosted by Bolster effects, whereas parry/disrupt does not.
That is unless you can put 20 points in parry or dodge/disrupt, though im still not sure what will be better.

Funny though, parry bonus from DW gets boosted by bolster(at least in T1) - at lvl1 you get 100% parry in .getstats, at lvl7 only 25 :mrgreen:

As for builds...
I'd say put mastery into tree with abilities you use the most and use Brute Force + any other tactic you like, though Wild Gambit might be too punishing, Jagged Edge could potentially be good since there are no downsides to it, but people tend to have low incoming crit due to Bolster and you can't buff your own crit too much. Just try different things and find what works for you.

Takin' Chances isn't really worth it IMO, though i think it scales with willpower so it might be good in duo with IB.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

g2knee

[Slayer]Re: Slayer help

Post#16 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Great advice everyone -- thanks so much for sharing your insight. A couple more questions,

1. I'm seeing people recommend stoutness of stone tactic for reduced knockdown/stun. Is "disarm" (that WE's use on me all the time) count as a stun? If so, I'm taking this tactic for sure.

2. How about ancestral inheritance? It's a good amount of armor to add... I'm thinking of taking that instead of wild gambit because A) my Str is already near softcap for my level, especially with Runepriest buffs and B) I don't want to be more squishy!

Sulorie

Post#17 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Stun = stagger
Dying is no option.

Grock

Re: [Slayer]Re: Slayer help

Post#18 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 pm

g2knee wrote:Great advice everyone -- thanks so much for sharing your insight. A couple more questions,

1. I'm seeing people recommend stoutness of stone tactic for reduced knockdown/stun. Is "disarm" (that WE's use on me all the time) count as a stun? If so, I'm taking this tactic for sure.

2. How about ancestral inheritance? It's a good amount of armor to add... I'm thinking of taking that instead of wild gambit because A) my Str is already near softcap for my level, especially with Runepriest buffs and B) I don't want to be more squishy!
Ancestral inheritance is very good and fully stacks with buffs/potions so you can achieve almost tank-level armor without any armor talismans, just gotta remember that getting in Berserk zone will reduce all your armor by 50%, but you shouldn't sit in Berserk too much without pocket guard and pocket heal

Important nuance about Berserking - damage over time effects in RoR are not dynamic and all their damage calculated on application, so if you take DoTs in Berserk they will deal higher damage even if you drop rage and get your armor/resistances back.
I'm pretty sure it works the other way too. Some people say it is a bug and will eventually get fixed.

As for Stoutness of Stone - i never really used it and dont like its concept in general. Reduction of hard CC duration is a pretty weak thing IMO (and i remember when i played LoL somebody did analysis on that) especially in a game with "global cooldown" that heavily limits number of actions you can do during stun(knockdown).
But if you getting KD'ed a lot why not to try it
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#19 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:20 pm

I thought Stoutness of Stone also reduced the time when someone slows my run speed by 50%.
I do not like this armor tactic, I would prefer like chop have to wounds. For Choppa would be more useful to armor because he gets more physical damage from SW and Enginner and slayer more magical from sorcerer, shaman magus and even zelaot.

Arteker616

Post#20 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Skalier wrote:I thought Stoutness of Stone also reduced the time when someone slows my run speed by 50%.
I do not like this armor tactic, I would prefer like chop have to wounds. For Choppa would be more useful to armor because he gets more physical damage from SW and Enginner and slayer more magical from sorcerer, shaman magus and even zelaot.
y confusing order with destru , he will face more dps tanks , mdps than actualy rdps, is the other side of the spectrum