Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Skalier
Banned

Re: [Slayer]Re: Slayer help

Post#21 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Grock wrote:
Important nuance about Berserking - damage over time effects in RoR are not dynamic and all their damage calculated on application, so if you take DoTs in Berserk they will deal higher damage even if you drop rage and get your armor/resistances back.
I'm pretty sure it works the other way too. Some people say it is a bug and will eventually get fixed.
I think this is very important and should be taken into consider when thinking about your strategy. Really didn't know about that. I think there are other equally important issues with the berserker like way calculations damages.

Ads
g2knee

Re: Slayer help

Post#22 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Interesting. In the past I paid little attention to my rage meter. I know that sounds dumb..but I found that if people focused me I was burned down quick no matter what, so might as well deal more damage in the process.

I'll try to manage it a bit better and see what happens.

Grock

Post#23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:15 pm

g2knee wrote:Interesting. In the past I paid little attention to my rage meter. I know that sounds dumb..but I found that if people focused me I was burned down quick no matter what, so might as well deal more damage in the process.

I'll try to manage it a bit better and see what happens.
Always be ready to use Distracting Roar and Untouchable morale, they are your primary ways of survival besides positioning and keepin rage in check

Keep in mind sometimes when you get focused someone will knockdown you, making you unable to exhaust rage, so you have to keep attention at what enemies about to do and drop rage(and maybe even use roar/morale) in advance if you wanna stay alive

Also if you put points in Skaven tree and don't use Wild Gambit then Even the Odds might be pretty strong, use it as well
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

g2knee

Post#24 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:35 pm

I haven't thought about morale abilities that much. I've always used the damaging M1 (sever nerves?). I need it many times for the burst to smack down a healer.

I'll try out the defensive one though, as you say. Is 5 seconds that good?

dansari

Post#25 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Seven seconds and yeah it can be worthwhile. Certainly better than the dmg morale in a melee train imo
<Salt Factory>

Grock

Post#26 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:24 am

dansari wrote:Seven seconds and yeah it can be worthwhile. Certainly better than the dmg morale in a melee train imo
Seven seconds is generic one and it only works vs melee and squigs
Class morale lasts only 5 seconds but also gives Disrupt
g2knee wrote:I haven't thought about morale abilities that much. I've always used the damaging M1 (sever nerves?). I need it many times for the burst to smack down a healer.

I'll try out the defensive one though, as you say. Is 5 seconds that good?
5s is actually really short, but still can be a lifesaver if you have good movement/positioning and/or healers react quickly enough, also you can use it with Riposte tactic for some hilarious results, especially against fast-hitting "channeled" attacks like Mara's Convulsive Slashing or DoK's Rend Soul
Just keep in mind even with this morale Parry only works against attacks coming into your face

As for smacking down a healer it is often not your job - slayers are more about sustained dps and AoE stuff, you should be working in assist with other dps classes. Also if you attack healer/rdps alone they will probably just detaunt and ignore you
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

dansari

Post#27 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:25 am

Ah my bad
<Salt Factory>

g2knee

Post#28 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for the continued advice, it's good stuff. Tricks like Riposte along with that defensive morale sounds like something fun to try. :)
Grock wrote: As for smacking down a healer it is often not your job - slayers are more about sustained dps and AoE stuff, you should be working in assist with other dps classes. Also if you attack healer/rdps alone they will probably just detaunt and ignore you
This is interesting. Let's shift the discussion a little bit to battlefield roles. In my mind, we have scenarios on one hand (which are my fav) and RVR on the other...which is so chaotic I don't really know what I'm doing LOL.

In scens, I pick a soft target (or preferably a healer), apply snare and heal debuff, and go to town on them. If I have a little help (like you suggested) they go down fast. Without help, they either go down more slowly or flee away the best they can while healing themselves -- so they are out of the fight for a bit still. If I'm still alive, I pick the next target and repeat. Simple. I love it.

In RVR, I am having trouble understanding the "sustained DPS" and AoE roles. I've heard that these are the best role for Slayers by others as well. For the "sustained" part, I find that my AP drains too fast to really sustain anything for long. Maybe it's because I've been focusing on single targets too much...which brings me to the AoE:

Flurry hit's 3 targets for mediocre damage, and I've got a nice AoE DoT that can hit many targets---along with the occasional AoE exhausting blow. But compared to the single target abilities they seem kind of lackluster in damage.

There may be something about RvR fights I'm not getting...the positioning, the grouping of many players which makes AoE more valuable...I'm not sure. If anyone has any tips for sustaining better DPS or contributing better to larger fights, lay it on me! :)

I am listening to all the advice, and it's making me better. I appreciate that.

Ads