Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Build: Armor Grenadier

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

[Engi] Build: Armor Grenadier

Post#1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am

Armor Grenadier

Description:
The Armor Grenadiers Setup is very similar to the Armor Tinkerer.
But his main tree is the Grenadier one. (Very thoughtful by me call him Armor Grenadier.) So your job is almost like the Tinkerer one, except that you can’t pull in Destros on your own.
Your Job is to support your Armor Tinkerer and put Napalm on the Destro Landing Zone. If we have several Napalm users as in the past, put a second one in the back of the formation or onto an enemies gathering spot.

Also you will have even without extra BS quite a Single Target Damage with your Grenade abilities.

Build: Updated 27.02.2018
Link: Armor Grenadier

Rotation:
Even if you are not a Tinkerer, when your dwarven buddy pulls you need that Damage on the pulled destros.
Napalm (if not already on your position) -> Fricition burn -> Static discharge (These are your primary AoE Damage dealers)
In General:
Acid Bombs -> Fragmentation Grenades. (Both are not very damagy and allways considered fluff Damage. The reason is to put multiple dots on the Destros. With a deployed Flame turret you can almost hit 24 Destros at once. Your Napalm would hurt extra hard on them. As well as the Friction Burn of your friends, the flame turrets, static discharge and all other nice corp damages.) Both Abilities radius are increased by the flame turret buff.

Vs Healers and Sorcs.
Use your Flashbang Grenade on them. It is an instant interrupt tactic. When they are in their 3sec casts or even better hit by a concussion mine in their 4,5 sec casts they hate it really when they are disrupted and lose another 2 secs before their heals or spells are completed. (Concussive Mine is currently bugged on a 25% buildup increase instead of a 50% one.)

If not half a Warband is on your head or your buddy has just only pulled a tank and a squishy. Target the squishy.
Flashbang -> Firebomb -> Firebomb -> Firebomb -> Firebomb
Firebomb is your main ST damage Ability. With the Flame turret buff you can even run behind your target and cast it while on the move. But don’t chase too far.

Jewels/Talismans:
Armor, Toughness, Wounds.
The Tome of Knowledge Set which composes of these three items gives you another boost of 240 armor.
Also the T4 belt … something something of Wrath gives 102 resists on everything. Get it.

Pots:
Usually I would say Armor and Toughness.
If you know you have an IB guarding you and giving you oathfriend most of his buffs don’t stack with armor pots and toughness pots.
Then and only then can you go Spirit Resistance pots and BS pots.

Renown:
Daft Defender full.
Toughness
Wounds

Modifications:
If you have another Mastery point from your Gear you might want to have also Extra Ammo from the Tinkerer Tree as you will lose quite fast AP with all these Grenades.

Modifications II: Updated on 27.02.2018
The Extra Powder Tactic is WORKING. In the past the tactic was deemed worthless as you can only hit 9 people. So why increase the range of the abilities if they only hit 9 people at all. This is different on RoR. With the Flame turret Buff you not only add +10 feet on the radius of Acid Bomb/Frag Grenade you also increase the number of AoE Targets.
Meaning with a full Flame turret Buff your Acid bomb with Extra Powder has an Radius of 40 Feet plus can put the Debuff on 24 Destros.
40 feet is huge, but it works as these two buffs stack. Also this is calculated from the point where the grenade lands. Meaning if you hit a target at your reduced range, it will still go the full radius and hit destros which are up to 40 feet out of your max range. This was tested by me.
Image you throw a grenade into the lordroom and hit EVERYONE.

Modifications III:
If you have a mastery point from your gear you could simply get Trench fighting from the Tinkerer Tree. +15% Damage is better than any BS buff.

Ads
Glorian

Re: [Engi] Build: Armor Grenadier

Post#2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:44 am

Small Update on Tactics.

Kragg

Post#3 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:56 am

You are tempting me to try it out, captain. ;)

Maybe a mention on the mobility of the playstyle compared to say.. a rifleman? Which attacks can used on the run, etc.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Glorian

Post#4 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm testing the last days "Well oiled machine", the instacast turret Tactic.
Running and Casting the Bombard Turret, or Flame Turret for mobile grenades works quite good. After the instacast you sometimes have to stop for a second and then can move on. So chasing Goblins should be possible. Still if you played to long on a Tinkerer you miss the protection quite fast from your Flame Turret. But with Well oiled machine you can switch instantly.

Still I need to find more buttons for the grenades in my MMO mouse. ;)

Also maybe switch Armor Tactic with Extra Powder. That +10ft radius on Acid and Frag Grenade works wonders in small rooms. Most BWs are instantly your friend if they do +22,5% damage on Tanks.

HolySpartan

Post#5 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:57 pm

Any videos of the build in play?

Darosh
Banned

Post#6 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm

HolySpartan wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:57 pm Any videos of the build in play?
kaorich wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:52 pm [Zerg] Plzdontstoptheparty! (Larkuz) [Zerg] Doyouspeakengies? (Larkuz)
Not exactly the spec featured in Lesti's thread as far I can tell, but an iteration of it. Have a look at Lesti's BT videos, BT is an entire guild of midgets.

E: The new format for quotes is tedious.

Glorian

Post#7 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:36 am

Aye, plzdontstoptheparty is more of a DPS version of the Grenadier, but he has the right playattitude for that spec. And the right abilities.

CptPiggy

Post#8 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:52 am

Darosh wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm
kaorich wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:52 pm [Zerg] Plzdontstoptheparty! (Larkuz) [Zerg] Doyouspeakengies? (Larkuz)
Not exactly the spec featured in Lesti's thread as far I can tell, but an iteration of it. Have a look at Lesti's BT videos, BT is an entire guild of midgets.

what tactics u used in the first video?

Ads
Komode

Post#9 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:59 am

CptPiggy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:52 am
Darosh wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm

what tactics u used in the first video?
Fightin` Chance, Trench Fighting, Well-Oiled Machine, Pierce Defences :)
Phalanx/Zerg
Atrocob - Engineer 40/50+
Kuporoz - BW 40/50+
Larkuz - BO 40/50+
Larkus - Mara 40/49
Komet - SH 40/54+
Fellow - BG 40/40+
Uglic - Shaman 40/50+

Glorian

Post#10 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Pierce Defense is mega fun with Acid Bomb and increased Splash Range from Flame Thrower Turret, as well as increased targets to hit AoE Cap.