Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Build: Armor Grenadier

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CptPiggy

Re: [Engi] Build: Armor Grenadier

Post#11 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:13 pm

thx. can you tell me why i used fighting chance? does balistic skill and weapon skill boost grenadier tree skills? ( napalm, bombs etc)?

Ads
Mordegar

Post#12 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Komode wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:59 am
CptPiggy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:52 am
Darosh wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm

Not exactly the spec featured in Lesti's thread as far I can tell, but an iteration of it. Have a look at Lesti's BT videos, BT is an entire guild of midgets.

E: The new format for quotes is tedious.
what tactics u used in the first video?
Fightin` Chance, Trench Fighting, Well-Oiled Machine, Pierce Defences :)

I wonder what talismans u use and are you genereally ignoring to cap resistances without potion buffs? Its really hard to build a dps grenadier without instantly falling over due to sets giving not enough resistances wthout dropping ballistics jewelry.
Way easier to build a all out dps Rifleman and survive the crowd in a PUG WB with it than as Grenadier.

Glorian's Armor Grenadier kinda works, and is probably the PUG WB safest version of a Grenadier, but it is really lacking the hurt in a 6 Man Pre or even PUG Scenarios.

Komode

Post#13 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 pm

WS for blunderbuss blast spam, not for corp type damage abilities.
I run full BS talis, pure aoe dps class setup.
Phalanx/Zerg
Atrocob - Engineer 40/50+
Kuporoz - BW 40/50+
Larkuz - BO 40/50+
Larkus - Mara 40/49
Komet - SH 40/54+
Fellow - BG 40/40+
Uglic - Shaman 40/50+

Mordegar

Post#14 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:45 pm

And you're playing without +25 percent range in grenades?
That alone saved my arse versus MDPS and WE's alot of time.

As a loner in PUG's without guard or a healer knowing your a risk taker, thats a really suicidal setup for a class with 65f. range. :)

Komode

Post#15 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Mordegar wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:45 pm And you're playing without +25 percent range in grenades?
That alone saved my arse versus MDPS and WE's alot of time.

As a loner in PUG's without guard or a healer knowing your a risk taker, thats a really suicidal setup for a class with 65f. range. :)
If i solo i play completely another build and spec. That videos about wb action :)
Phalanx/Zerg
Atrocob - Engineer 40/50+
Kuporoz - BW 40/50+
Larkuz - BO 40/50+
Larkus - Mara 40/49
Komet - SH 40/54+
Fellow - BG 40/40+
Uglic - Shaman 40/50+

CptPiggy

Post#16 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:24 am

what I dont like is that when u go full grenadier i feel I lack with dmg the numbers arent high enougj on napalm or other grenades because we cannot boost them by any of the basic statistics like bs or ws.I like it when there is massive zerg like yday in troll country but most of the time full sniper is great and when you are defending keep I switch to concusive mine well oiled machine flame turret and I spam at the funnel friction burn, mine, 2 aoe grenades and blunder bust which is great.

what I dont like nowdays that tracer rounds tactic when i play rvr is useless...best tactic and 90% of the time im not using it due to massive zerg and you have to be aoe in constant moving even when u use well oiled machine when u push the zerg are u are pushed the turret is always behind you. This is only good for sc and party roam or defending the keep until they open the doors..

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:41 am

Balistic Skill increase dps of grenades.
And you kinda need WS aswell as a couple of skills do hit against armor like Fragmentation Grenade and Blunderbuss Blast when in AoE dps build.

Is it worth stacking WS for 2 skills tho? Probobly not.

Probobly go for softcap BS, crit and put rest in Wounds, Deft Defender and Parry imo. Could even consider stacking Armor but I prefer wounds on AoE builds as it's the only defensive stat thats 100% functional in RvR.

Getting softcap BS is really easy atm. Combine 3 sets.

CptPiggy

Post#18 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:01 am

are you sure it increases the the dmg of grenades when it says corporeal dmg? not ranged statistic like friction burn?... what I dislike is that u cannot have muliplie napalms at same area dunno why its like this? other skills aoe can be used at same spot like aoe dots and the effect is the same.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#19 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:07 am

CptPiggy wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:01 am are you sure it increases the the dmg of grenades when it says corporeal dmg? not ranged statistic like friction burn?... what I dislike is that u cannot have muliplie napalms at same area dunno why its like this? other skills aoe can be used at same spot like aoe dots and the effect is the same.
Ballistic Skill increase Grenade damage yes. The AoE skills gets pretty shitty contribution like moast AoE's but they do.
Location AoE's were nerfed coz of Rain of Fire/Pit of Shades were overperfoming. Probobly had to fix how location AoE's worked in the client to fix this and the other Location AoE's that weren't OP were hit by the collatheral damage aswell.

CptPiggy

Post#20 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 am

this sucks whats the point of having napalm when second engi in my wb has slightly higher dmg and my napalm wont work on his. so I have a skill that works sometimes. when u attacking keep abd destros are on the 3rd floor u can place at ramp only 1 napalm and probably not yours so I lose alot of potentional dmg and contribution.