Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Build: Kegsniper - Mk IV ‘Thorbold Pattern’ 16.11.2021

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CptPiggy

Re: [Engi] Build: Kegsniper

Post#41 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:09 am

as I tried to register on bug tracker but some how I cannot i want to ppst here a bug from yday rvr in high pass. when I was at the lord with the flame turret one of the flame turret skills wasnt working the first on the left, tried to relog and nothing doesnt matter if it was vs npc or a player.

Ads
Glorian

Re: [Engi] Build: Kegsniper - Mk III ‘Thorbold Pattern’ 04.06.2018

Post#42 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am

Updated Post no.1.

Glorian

Post#43 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Instruction Video added:

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Nice video man!

RuffRyder

Post#45 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Glorian wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 pm Instruction Video added:
Hi Glorian,

I wanted to give you some feedback after following several of your posts and reading some of the tutorials regarding Engineers.

The video shows in a nutshell really good some simple, basic points of being a Sniper, i like it.

I met your armored squad this afternoon in Praag and it was quite impressive how you survived that long with IB support and "back to the wall" literally, congratulations!

I am considering to join BT, I'm just not sure which class I like the most. I read you are looking for dps RPs, but that's rather not my playstyle, I'm better at pure healing. Engineer would be an alternative maybe because I like the (kind of) steampunkish look plus playing ranged. Let's see, I will call out when ready and decided about the class… and you are still looking for more for sure. :)

PS
While you cover your German origin very well when writing you expose yourself at least to native speakers while talking. ;) --> Will sagen der Akzent ist doch sehr präsent. :D
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Glorian

Post#46 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Well then get ready to hear me shout to my lads in the Dwarf Warband. :)

And Praag was crazy stuff. I went to Hogun and Thorbolt who was expected to be in his glascannon spec. Thing was he tried at that point a full defence build with toughness max and dominator gear. Like I was running before the first two years. So I tried to switch my setup while running behind them. Order from the Dammaz Kron guys was: back to the wall.

That we did. ;)

Glorian

Post#47 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:39 am

Sniper Training Part 2.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Crumbs

Post#48 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 pm

Coordinated fire is far better than hollow points, you should replace that if you want all your burst and damage to be hitting and critting for 15% damage more on top of what you already have. It’s not just a group tactic, it’s a tactic you use primarily for all ST dps, including grenade builds.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Glorian

Post#49 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:31 am

Crumbs wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 pm Coordinated fire is far better than hollow points, you should replace that if you want all your burst and damage to be hitting and critting for 15% damage more on top of what you already have. It’s not just a group tactic, it’s a tactic you use primarily for all ST dps, including grenade builds.
Hollow Points makes something like 700 Damage.
Coordinated Fire gives +15% Damage.

So if the 15% would be 700 then CF would be better as Hollow Points if you do more than 4666 Damage. And if you shoot one player dead you beat that number easily. But the Risk is, that CF doesnt hit at all. HP can be dodged, but it is applied for sure.

If we run with a double Sniper Squad we take Coordinated Fire for sure on one of the Engis. On one Engi alone we don'T use it on a 30sec cooldown cleansable Ability.

Crumbs

Post#50 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:15 am

Glorian wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:31 am
Crumbs wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 pm Coordinated fire is far better than hollow points, you should replace that if you want all your burst and damage to be hitting and critting for 15% damage more on top of what you already have. It’s not just a group tactic, it’s a tactic you use primarily for all ST dps, including grenade builds.
Hollow Points makes something like 700 Damage.
Coordinated Fire gives +15% Damage.

So if the 15% would be 700 then CF would be better as Hollow Points if you do more than 4666 Damage. And if you shoot one player dead you beat that number easily. But the Risk is, that CF doesnt hit at all. HP can be dodged, but it is applied for sure.

If we run with a double Sniper Squad we take Coordinated Fire for sure on one of the Engis. On one Engi alone we don'T use it on a 30sec cooldown cleansable Ability.
For solo
Hp can be dodged also. Also HP is mitigated heavily as it is physical damage. Coord gives 15% extra damage flat, for everyone, for every damage type, it doesn’t care about armor. Hp doesn’t deal 700 damage in one tick, it’s across two ticks, so max ~350 damage without mitigation. A coordinated fire snipe already tops the damage of a HP tick, and you have to wait 5 seconds to get all the damage out. Not good enough. Many a time where I’ve used HP but the damage just isn’t there. 21sec CD not 30. Coord is better professionally

Take hollow points if there’s 3 engis, the other two engis should be using pierce defense and coord Fire. Coord Fire if solo. HP... basically never. Instant damage is the king here.

It’s not so easily dodged. I use this tactic on my magus which struggles far more, engis got it good with this tactic. I recommend everyone use this, for everyone’s sake.

Everything else about your build is on point tho
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70