Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Build: Armor Tinkerer

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
verianer15

Re: [Engi] Build: Armor Tinkerer

Post#11 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:20 am

can some1 repost the build link.. for some reason i cant open.. it says content not available
:<

Ads
Glorian

Post#12 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Links out of Date.
Update in the making in the Dwarf Handbook.

cabeard21

Post#13 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:12 pm

Here's updated link: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3678,3647.

You can take the original link and copy everything after "s?l" and paste that into the new builder after adding "/s?l" to the end of the Engineer page e.g.:

Code: Select all

"https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/career/engineer" + "/s?l" + "=40&r=10&tl=4&mp=0&pA=0&pB=5&pC=15&m1=3653&m2=3645&m3=3646&m4=3656&ma=3677,3679,3678,3639,3675&t=3659,3639,3678,3647"
for the link in the original post. I can't say 100% that this is an exact replica but it seems to work.

This also works for other broken build links in my experience.
<Happy Trees>
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”
― Bob Ross

2020:
Rehvun - BW
Jonstamos - KoTBS
Bobloblaww Atorneyatlaw - WP
Stunnty - IB

2015:
Rehvun - Marauder - 26/rr25
Jonstamos - Zealot
Samsqantch - BG

Paxsanarion

Post#14 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:09 pm

Glorian wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:42 am Armor Tinkerer

Description:
The Armor tinkerer is one of my preferred setups. It is a heavy Armor, Toughness, Wound build which therefore neglects BS as a main stat. None the less you can still dish out a lot of corp damage and life to tell the tale. Also this setup can hold out against two SnB Tanks indefinitely. Well you can’t kill them both when they crossguard, but they can’t kill you either. What can there be any better than to put up a keg to heal your party members, put on Acid bombs or them for your engineer brothers dots to really hurt them.

So you on your own can take on We's 1vs 1 and even some Destro MDPS. What you can’t kill are Healers on your own as you lack the raw DPS. For that you need your Group or your Warband.

The main idea of the Armor Tinkerer is staying alive, heal the group, debuff Destro, Suck them in with the Magnet and uphold the 1-Minute-defence-cycle with their M2 Armor Plating Moral.

Build:
Armor Tinkerer

Rotation:
Flame Turret (when down) -> Keg -> Rod (Keep this up allways)

Magnet -> Self Destruct -> Friction burn -> Static discharge (If Magnet is available)

Friciton Burn -> Static discharge -> Blunderbuss Blast and mix in some Acid Bombs for the Debuff.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
The Knockdown of Self Destruct and the stagger of the Landmine have the same immunity. So don’t use Magnet on a Landmine and then try to use Self Destruct. Either Landmine or Self Destruct. Or use the Landmine after the Self Destruct just for the Damage.

Jewels/Talismans:
Armor, Toughness, Wounds.
The Tome of Knowledge Set which composes of these three items gives you another boost of 240 armor.
Also the T4 belt … something something of Wrath gives 102 resists on everything. Get it.

Pots:
Usually I would say Armor and Toughness.
If you know you have an IB guarding you and giving you oathfriend most of his buffs don’t stack with armor pots and toughness pots.
Then and only then can you go Spirit Resistance pots and BS pots.

Renown:
Deft Defender full.
Toughness
Wounds

Modifications:
If you run in the Warband and have plenty of Tinkerers with Extra Ammo, you can change the fourth tactic into something more fun. Be it a simple BS tactic or Concussive Mine. There will be a separate thread for concussive mine, as this baby ruins destros lifes very thoroughly. With the Flame turret up you can only put it very close to your position, but in Keep fights there will be healers and sorcs in that range.
Hello Everyone, I am examining Engineer and its various playstyles / strategies .....and I find this build interesting. It this still viable or have there been changes? Thanks in advance for any insight!

Pax