Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#191 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 pm

gilgono wrote:Trying different IB specs is one of my favorite things to do in this game. My guildies can attest to how much gold I've wasted on it ;) . IB brings much more to a group than most people realize. They are the kings of control and anti burst for the order tanks imo.

My favorite organized group build
40/40 RoR.builders - Ironbreaker
40/70 RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

I rarely drop aoe knockback tactic. There are a 1,000,001 places to aoe punt that can turn a fight. Amazing against melee trains and double/triple WE ganks. I won't 3/2/1 tank without it. I understand it can be garbage with pugs. It's fantastic with an organized group though.

Avalanche always for RvR. Overprotective can put out decent aoe dmg during zerg fights. Guard a frontline slayer. or pull engi, or even another tank. It negates toughness so it really does help breaking through tank walls. Also fun to pair with a 2 hand thorns build knight. You can watch melee eat themselves alive.
the problem in this gam is that AOE and reactive damage is pathetic at best. Overprotective inflict 150 dmg barely and it means that a single healer HOT tick overheal it. I seriously thought about that talent but it turned to be utterly useless due to massive spam of aoe in WB fights.

Ads
gilgono

Post#192 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 pm

It's not about how much dmg it does. This allows you to dmg while casting buffs, switching guard/oathfriend, htl. It's constant assist dmg. I don't like wasting tactics on stats i already have plenty of through gear/RR.

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker That's closer to what my standard build is. Keep in mind I group more than i pug. Making yourself a little tankier doesn't really add anything to your group imo.

Defense tactics are a great crutch until you get the gear/RR to stand up straight. After that taking abilities/tactics you don't get from gear/RR make you more well rounded
Ironbowls

Osred

Post#193 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Overprotective has no ICD, meaning it can hit anywhere from 1 time to from what ive seen 4 times ocassionally in a second on WEs and Maras .
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Darosh
Banned

Post#194 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:18 pm

I'd consider running Overprotective if:

a) The proc chance was drastically increased.
b) The damage was either true or magical.
c) The damage could crit.
d) The proc could proc other procs (BW/WP/gear procs - e.g.: Redeye armor debuff).
e) The proc would synergize with 'Told ya so!' and circumvent its 3s ICD.
f) The damage was replaced with a buff/debuff; e.g.: a stacking weaponskill for the Oathfriend or a tiny wounds debuff (20ish or so) that stacks with other sources.

CountTalabecland

Post#195 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 pm

For def tanks specifically, but generally for any IB, what can be done about WEs? The good ones can still blow through 950+ toughness, 0% to be crit, and 5k armor with little trouble. I know they have a serious initiative debuff but with low IB initiative values I can't really tell how I could get enough to where a -150 debuff isn't going to hurt?

In scens I can do a little better by positioning but in orvr when I am trying to use HTL and generally keep my shield to the front, they can just run by and take 50% or more health off in 2 secs. Fox, Krima and the like can just run over me and it seems like there isn't much I can do except hopefully throw a slow or knockdown while my grps dps guns them down.

As far as trying to kill them in small scale goes it also seems they have limitless avoidance skills and stuns + cloak to where even if get their health down they just disengage and disappear.

Thoughts?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

SilentMorbus

Post#196 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 am

WE will always kill you,nothing you can do,you thougness,armor,schield,means nothing to them,they bypass all defences (pretty lame i'd say but it is what it is) actually the IB it's not meant to be a turtle tank in my opinion,kotbs it's way better to that role,IB is more like a support tank and a healer chaser,and of course a hold the line spammer. go with aoe snare and protect your dps with guard and oath friend,buff all your companion and keep them alive.

Hulurtin

Post#197 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

With the liniments being implemented, which ones u find to be the best suited for BiS 2h IB? I have 2-3 on my list....
Hulurtin - Ironbreaker Corporal
Thorgikanzon - Slayer warrior
Alrid - Engineer recruit
Alridokya - Runepriest recruit

Eathisword

Post#198 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Hulurtin wrote:With the liniments being implemented, which ones u find to be the best suited for BiS 2h IB? I have 2-3 on my list....
Pretty much the one that you cannot buff in the spec you have. For example, if you do not spec for Oathbound (initiative buff), then probably run wounds + initiative lini. Other than that, I believe any reduce chance to be crit to be a winner.

If you really wanna go loldpsmax, then any melee crit lini is your pick.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
pfs2222

Post#199 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am

Coming back to 1H/shield dps Ironbreaker - especially on "how to get there". Is GnM needed ? Feels like it saved my a** a lot of times. I understood Oathbound is a must. Punishing knock as well. What about this then : Snb IB ?
Plus, what would be an OK outfit at 40/40, when conq, domi and beastlord is not (yet) available ? What talis , what weapons ? Mix sets to max toughness and wounds, like ruin+anni ? I got Vengeance axe and Stoneanvil shoield from epic quests, or better get the 34/34 sc stuff ?

Bomfur - Runepriest / Glamdulin - Ironbreaker / Tunggdil - Engineer /Snorrij - Slayer

Darosh
Banned

Post#200 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm

pfs2222 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am Coming back to 1H/shield dps Ironbreaker - especially on "how to get there". Is GnM needed ? Feels like it saved my a** a lot of times. I understood Oathbound is a must. Punishing knock as well. What about this then : Snb IB ?
Plus, what would be an OK outfit at 40/40, when conq, domi and beastlord is not (yet) available ? What talis , what weapons ? Mix sets to max toughness and wounds, like ruin+anni ? I got Vengeance axe and Stoneanvil shoield from epic quests, or better get the 34/34 sc stuff ?
Ruin/Anni/Merc mix-and-match, avoidance&-ctbc>wounds&initiative>toughness, imo.
SC weapons (lv39er, not 34er... not even as temporary solution ~ they are an utter waste of emblems)/gutslime/epic quest is well enough until Subjugator shield/lv45er SC mainhand.
I'd generally suggest you run atleast <some> initiative talis (terribad base on midgets, even with the changed formula you still want to have more initiative than stock; low-end gear like Anni/Merc/Ruin have very little if any), wounds (if you play in organized ORvR) and toughness.
If you run in a proper 6man you can go (alot) more glassy, especially with SnB ~ but you want reliable healer/non-sucidal and competent dps.
As to GnM... it's a roaming tool and essentially useless in just about any format that isn't roam, it needlessly drains grudges for fluff regen (i.e.: in every format but roam you'll... or should have a [reliable] healer slogging along).

You are better off dropping GnM for the base trispec and then pick stuff based on requirements/preferences, that is if you participate in bigger formats (>3/AAC) ~ for everything roam and niche +duo's etc it's golden.