Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CountTalabecland

Re: [Ironbreaker] The Crucible: Class discussion and guides

Post#211 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Armor value creep is the main thing that has changed over two years. 10k wounds and 5k armor buffed is built into IB from Vanq on up (defensive build) when you use Guarded Attack and have a few wounds talis.

The other main game changer is that we are now technically tactic starved. Punishing Knock and AP battery tactics are mandatory in city and I ususally bring armor and toughness tactics for pure tankiness.

Magic resistance is always important for 2h builds but do consider that in decent gear (conq to sov) any AM or RP or Knight will softcap your resists and at that point you are only stacking resists to combat debuffs. I would argue that if you are defensive spec and have a shield, just throwing on more wounds/toughness/initiative is going to be better than +60 resists or whatever a decent resist talis ends up being (which is not enough to justify that slot IMO).
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#212 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:46 pm Armor value creep is the main thing that has changed over two years. 10k wounds and 5k armor buffed is built into IB from Vanq on up (defensive build) when you use Guarded Attack and have a few wounds talis.

The other main game changer is that we are now technically tactic starved. Punishing Knock and AP battery tactics are mandatory in city and I ususally bring armor and toughness tactics for pure tankiness.

Magic resistance is always important for 2h builds but do consider that in decent gear (conq to sov) any AM or RP or Knight will softcap your resists and at that point you are only stacking resists to combat debuffs. I would argue that if you are defensive spec and have a shield, just throwing on more wounds/toughness/initiative is going to be better than +60 resists or whatever a decent resist talis ends up being (which is not enough to justify that slot IMO).
Thank you so much! Great Info!

abezverkhiy

Post#213 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:49 pm

Message me ingame I will mail you ele talis and spirit pots. IB Lochdhu
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Paxsanarion

Post#214 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Thank you! I will do so! I have limited play time and I simply want to maximize effectiveness to help Order.....:-) my IB is now 30/34 and I love playing him....I also have a 32 /36 snb swordmaster and I go back and forth regarding which one is the most effective and toughest.....lol

Paxsanarion

Post#215 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:44 pm

I finally have my IB up to 40/42 (I have been playing alts, SM, KotBS, RP and WP..lol) in full Ruin gear while I finish acquiring Conq. I have been playing exclusively as SnB in WB play and I really love it.

Here is the build I have been playing and I have a question if I may....I have Ravack's cloak for block, Gundbad diamond for block and winds jewelry for armor/resists and have been using armor talismans.....I am using purple +2 block shield and Epic quest 1H axe
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3743,3744

I would like to have your opinion regarding the build / tactics. While my gear is still fairly low I feel most comfortable I think using the tactics of Ancestors Inheritence, Rugged, Seen it all before and Seasoned Vet. I know all of that is heavy defense but for now it feels like I need it in RvR...lol. Should I be going Tri-spec w/ GnM as I am now......or should I go more Stone up to Shield mastery? Is Shield mastery better than Seasoned Vet? I am thinking I will at least be able to hit a tiny bit harder going tri-spec but dont know if its worth it....or if I should go total turtle...lol

Thank you for any advice to can give!

Pentarch

Post#216 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:16 am

Why are none of the RoR builder links working for me? Thanks

abezverkhiy

Post#217 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:45 am

Paxsanarion wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:44 pm I finally have my IB up to 40/42 (I have been playing alts, SM, KotBS, RP and WP..lol) in full Ruin gear while I finish acquiring Conq. I have been playing exclusively as SnB in WB play and I really love it.

Here is the build I have been playing and I have a question if I may....I have Ravack's cloak for block, Gundbad diamond for block and winds jewelry for armor/resists and have been using armor talismans.....I am using purple +2 block shield and Epic quest 1H axe

I would like to have your opinion regarding the build / tactics. While my gear is still fairly low I feel most comfortable I think using the tactics of Ancestors Inheritence, Rugged, Seen it all before and Seasoned Vet. I know all of that is heavy defense but for now it feels like I need it in RvR...lol. Should I be going Tri-spec w/ GnM as I am now......or should I go more Stone up to Shield mastery? Is Shield mastery better than Seasoned Vet? I am thinking I will at least be able to hit a tiny bit harder going tri-spec but dont know if its worth it....or if I should go total turtle...lol

Once you get Conq you will be alright in WBs. IBs are sturdy as nails so you can stop worrying about gear and accumulate tokens for vanq etc while enjoying being a good tank.

As for the build - I think everyone has aoe slow. Next is block tactic from the path of the stone. And lastly tactic for aoe punt from the path of the vengeance.

Now as you can see that would require 30 mastery points which you don't have. What I did - I took aoe punt and aoe slow and to compensate loss of block tactic I began hunting for jewellery items with block.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Paxsanarion

Post#218 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:32 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:45 am
Paxsanarion wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:44 pm I finally have my IB up to 40/42 (I have been playing alts, SM, KotBS, RP and WP..lol) in full Ruin gear while I finish acquiring Conq. I have been playing exclusively as SnB in WB play and I really love it.

Once you get Conq you will be alright in WBs. IBs are sturdy as nails so you can stop worrying about gear and accumulate tokens for vanq etc while enjoying being a good tank.

As for the build - I think everyone has aoe slow. Next is block tactic from the path of the stone. And lastly tactic for aoe punt from the path of the vengeance.

Now as you can see that would require 30 mastery points which you don't have. What I did - I took aoe punt and aoe slow and to compensate loss of block tactic I began hunting for jewellery items with block.
Thank you for your advice! Happy New Year!

Ads
jhwieser

Post#219 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:17 pm

Can anyone link the standard 1h and 2h builds in the new career builder? All of the old links are dead now.
84 BG
4x IB

hammerhead

Post#220 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:41 pm

standard for wb play
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

max utility

2h

// upd. snb city reid (+2point)

I've always been surprised by people asking for ready-made builds. This is almost the most enjoyable part of any MMO. It's like buying a movie ticket and not going.
(\|)o0(|/)