Recent Topics

Ads

Phosphorous Shells

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Phosphorous Shells

Post#21 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Charon wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:38 pm
Marawo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:10 pm
Osred wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:18 pm

So if PS cannot be casted on the move because of the animation choice yet Magus can, isnt that a glaring balance issue that should be resolved? Whats the tradeoff here.

It would also make it easier to buff your pull with pierce defense tactic which magus can't, it isn't good to look at abilities only in a vcuum and not consider synergies.

and this is the reason why magus should keep superior st and aoe dmg ?
great example of one sided way of thinking...btw pierce defence is not "only order" ability...ask sh to use it

- new ps is good change but magus version is visibly superior so ... maybe keep it stationary, but a bit extend range or lower cooldown etc something small to just move both abilities on a par with each other
Make a proposal , and if you have it approved by the players I'll do it
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
adamthelc

Post#22 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 pm

So if PS cannot be casted on the move because of the animation choice yet Magus can, isnt that a glaring balance issue that should be resolved? Whats the tradeoff here.
It would also make it easier to buff your pull with pierce defense tactic which magus can't, it isn't good to look at abilities only in a vcuum and not consider synergies.
great example of one sided way of thinking...btw pierce defence is not "only order" ability...ask sh to use it

- new ps is good change but magus version is visibly superior so ... maybe keep it stationary, but a bit extend range or lower cooldown etc something small to just move both abilities on a par with each other
How about they remove it from the engineer and give them back the old PS? Then they wont have to worry about the magus version being slightly more functional.

Engineers have been getting buff after buff. Now you want to nerf another class so that it's exactly the same as the buff you just recieved?

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 pm

It's **** incredible that people would complain about Engi and Magus when the classes are both very potent in the right hands.

Being picky for the sake of it. Cringe.

bctakhy

Post#24 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:13 pm
Fixxer wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:06 pm I dot'n mean to be funny or something but,

Can't we change the animation some way to get that functionality?

Maybe like focused fire.. have the engineer channel, throwing grenades, at the same location for the duration? I think that would work !
Change mortar animation is not possible , and make engineer throw grenades instead of mortar firing would require a complete rework .

The trade off is eng have M3 Cannon Smash (1200 dmg Vs 2400 dmg + 1400 armour debuff 30 sec!!!), M4 Hail of doom (1800 dmg around Vs 3k ranged dmg) and 5 sec AE CD debuff on mines Vs nothing ;)

peterthepan3

Post#25 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:05 pm

I agree that PS should be made castable on the move, and if it has been made stationary, simply because of an animation, then I would propose giving it a new animation so as to make it more akin to the Magus version. However, Grunbag has done a great job as it is, and people should remember that aesthetics do play a part: I, for one, believe him entirely if he has made PS stationary due to lack of animations to use, and feel people should be grateful to have been given such an ability in the first place (no doubt due to Grunbag's insistence).

Marawo

Post#26 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:30 pm

superior st damage as in more dps, more damage overall per rotation or shorter burst rotation? because theres a difference

superior aoe damage? my magus and engi do fine if I compare them aoe damage wise maybe im just not stacking ws on grenadier.
PD (always an instant kneejerk from someone as soon as this tactic is mentioned) reduces block,parry,dodge
even ignoring that and going along with your "get SH" I could retort "get AM" for the mobile ranged zone snare.

But all that aside the tradeoff here is:
more reliable pull vs snaring your targets to get/keep them in range of your pull as you get in range
"It would make it EASIER to buff your own pull" if engi PS would get this on the move component, nothing more nothing less
do with that info what you will

Tesq

Post#27 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 pm

Leave it stationary but make it snare for 15* that way you mirror dok shenanigans on order side and they will be balance.

Still waiting for magus/engi mid 5 pt rework into something usefull or diss mist napal to be lowered to allow repositioning better in open field.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#28 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:05 pm I agree that PS should be made castable on the move, and if it has been made stationary, simply because of an animation, then I would propose giving it a new animation so as to make it more akin to the Magus version. However, Grunbag has done a great job as it is, and people should remember that aesthetics do play a part: I, for one, believe him entirely if he has made PS stationary due to lack of animations to use, and feel people should be grateful to have been given such an ability in the first place (no doubt due to Grunbag's insistence).
It’s not the animation , it’s the mortar asset itself. I can’t make it stationary while engineer more sorry about that .

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#29 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 pm Leave it stationary but make it snare for 15* that way you mirror dok shenanigans on order side and they will be balance.

Still waiting for magus/engi mid 5 pt rework into something usefull or diss mist napal to be lowered to allow repositioning better in open field.
I have something in mind for engi / magus 5 pts , but the proposal is not ready yet

Tesq

Post#30 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:11 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 pm Leave it stationary but make it snare for 15* that way you mirror dok shenanigans on order side and they will be balance.

I have something in mind for engi / magus 5 pts , but the proposal is not ready yet
Kk