Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] New Player help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
martyn747

[RP] New Player help

Post#1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 am

Hi all,

New to the game, and would like to play an Order healer. This gives the added personal bonus for me that there seem to be less Order online than Destruction whenever I check the server pop (I prefer playing the lower pop faction).

I've been researching healers on these forums and Youtube. Initially I liked the sound of AM playstyle but I got put off by recent threads discussing their lack of survivability. Out of the other 2 healers I like the sound of the Runepriest.

Are RP/healers generally under-represented on Order? Will I have problems finding groups for group play? I like to play small group PvP but will dabble in all content.

Also, a lot of the RP threads are quite old now, and I wonder if the info is still relevant to the current content?

To get me going, I was thinking of following this build someone posted, is it still viable?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3847,3858

Any advice is welcome

Thanks!

Ads
MedV

Re: [RP] New Player help

Post#2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:23 am

RP are one of the best healers in the Game and they arent as played as they should be I think because some people dont like dwarves.

You will have no problem at all ever finding a group for any content as a RP is needed in almost every group comp doing any type of gameplay!

Enjoy!- However, my advice is to try all healers to at least 10-20 (if not 40) before you make a decision. You would be shocked how you might fall in love with a class/playstyle you thought you wouldnt like.
The King.

martyn747

Post#3 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:41 am

That's great, thanks for the quick response MedV!

Ashoris

Post#4 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:50 am

RP Spec and tactics depend a little bit on what you want to do, and your playstyle .. the linked specc looks more like a WB Group Healer spec while if you like small group PvP you should not ignore the Stagger in the left tree (longest single target cc in game)

unfortunately you have to pass on the absorb tactic until higher RR (but RP has soo many good tactics it just makes the decision easier)

I also would use runic blasting as a low RR RP to boost the crit chance for your flash heal by 15% so your +25% healtactic procs regulary on your targets

RoR.builders - Runepriest

(if you hit rr70+ you can spec absorb tactic and either AP or heal rune or skip runic blasting and do it on rr60+ ...)

the other 2 tactics are free to choose depending on what you are fighting/need

Stoutness of stone - for less cc on you
stubborness - for more armor for you (in case they pick on you)
regenerative shielding - in case not you, but one of your teammates often gets all the aggro
ancestors blessing - to provide AP to your dps friends
restorative burst - in case you have to do a lot of grphealing and lack APs
swift runes - in case you fight enemies that doin primarly dmg with casters (for perma cleanse)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

martyn747

Post#5 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Thanks for the post Ashoris, lots of useful info there!

Varking

Post#6 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:18 am

About to start playing this game ( if the Mac download instructions work for my M1 iMac ) and I can't wait to hop in as a Rune Priest.

diegomess

Post#7 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:44 am

order has way too many runepriests, prob the strongest class in the game even without good gear, you bring so much value and have way too few weaknesses... please play a melee dps.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Varking

Post#8 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:04 am

diegomess wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:44 am order has way too many runepriests, prob the strongest class in the game even without good gear, you bring so much value and have way too few weaknesses... please play a melee dps.
I am a Dwarf through and through so I will be playing all four Dwarfen classes. I planned on maining RP though.

Ads