Recent Topics

Ads

difficulty for classes

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Duukar

Re: difficulty for classes

Post#11 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Engies are overpopulated and a huge meme about selfish players atm.

Slayers are mdeeps and will be VERY tough to learn on without a good guild supporting you, or at least a few buddies. You gotta make buddies in RoR or else......

WH is absolutely terrible until you have sweet gear. There is a sweet spot in T3 SCs for em, but once you enter T4 it’s just sad til you get some gear. Big grind.

The best way to make friends and find a guild is to roll a tank or a healer. I personally love tanks in this game but heals are great fun too depending on how much ocd you have. You will get groups. Especially if you learn quickly.

Don’t let people scare you off of IB. It’s a great class you simply can’t ignore a good IB. Take the time to learn the class also use addons to make your life easier. Nerfed Buttons is great with basic understanding. Don’t go too deep into it or you enter the dark side though.

Roll up and IB and have fun!!!

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:00 pm

Duukar wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 pm Engies are overpopulated and a huge meme about selfish players atm.

Slayers are mdeeps and will be VERY tough to learn on without a good guild supporting you, or at least a few buddies. You gotta make buddies in RoR or else......

WH is absolutely terrible until you have sweet gear. There is a sweet spot in T3 SCs for em, but once you enter T4 it’s just sad til you get some gear. Big grind.

The best way to make friends and find a guild is to roll a tank or a healer. I personally love tanks in this game but heals are great fun too depending on how much ocd you have. You will get groups. Especially if you learn quickly.

Don’t let people scare you off of IB. It’s a great class you simply can’t ignore a good IB. Take the time to learn the class also use addons to make your life easier. Nerfed Buttons is great with basic understanding. Don’t go too deep into it or you enter the dark side though.

Zulunbaki is my favorite Dwarf class, but do you really think it's safer to recommend it than RP? I mean, RP is leagues easier(both to learn and to gear), maybe even more useful etc.

Ofc, I wouldn't suggest Drengi(Slayer) or Engi, both having downsides etc, but Zul? Idk, a new player and a Tank(generally most gear dependant archetype)...I mean Drengi is awesome fun, but he really does need support. And Engi? Worse version of Magus imo.

Duukar

Post#13 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:42 am

arorwne wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:00 pm
Duukar wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 pm Engies are overpopulated and a huge meme about selfish players atm.

Zulunbaki is my favorite Dwarf class, but do you really think it's safer to recommend it than RP? I mean, RP is leagues easier(both to learn and to gear), maybe even more useful etc.

Ofc, I wouldn't suggest Drengi(Slayer) or Engi, both having downsides etc, but Zul? Idk, a new player and a Tank(generally most gear dependant archetype)...I mean Drengi is awesome fun, but he really does need support. And Engi? Worse version of Magus imo.
IB is just as group dependant as an RP.. Its a tougher learning curve, but its manageable. RP requires smart positioning and kiting. IBs position is in the clump.. I think its easier tbh.. RP gets farmed in most SCs and City.

Jinxypie

Post#14 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:01 am

Rune Priest with Buffhead and Enemy add-ons.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

abezverkhiy

Post#15 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:24 am

IB is not super hard either. They have lots of great single target buffs so in the beginning you will be confused but little by little you will learn them. Bad thing about IBs, real bad thing is that they provide very little group utility when specced properly otherwise they provide none. But if heavily defensive they are harder to kill than any other tank.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

CountTalabecland

Post#16 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:36 pm

Do not play engineer as a beginner. It is way too hard to solo/pug as an RDPS. My advice is that you play IB (its not as hard as ppl make it out to be) or Rune Priest (no nonsense great healer) to learn the game, aqcuire gold, crafting, and most importantly friends.

Your second toon can be a DPS and you will have an easier time getting a guard, talismans, and potions than if it is your first and only character.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Indeed. My suggestions are RP, followed by IB.