Recent Topics

Ads

Ironbreaker vs. Blackguard

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
witc0m

Ironbreaker vs. Blackguard

Post#1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 pm

Which of the mirrors is stronger? I want to make an Ironbreaker because I think they look amazing in end-game gear. However, I keep hesitating because every time I think of making one, I just feel like I'd be wasting my time since Blackguard is better (or so I hear).

Is that true, is Blackguard better in every way? Please give me some honest insight here to help me choose which to play.

Ads
Anaerion22

Re: Ironbreaker vs. Blackguard

Post#2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Blackguard is definitively a superior class.

I mean you can still find organized Citiy WBs that'll take an IB. But they're also the hardest tank class to play I've heard according to Guildies.

Stophy22

Post#3 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:17 am

Both classes are pretty equal. In endgame city content (24v24) Blackguard might have more of a place since he has a few more aoe utilities than IB. but you have a whole 50 or so renown ranks and 40 levels to go before you even touch cities and before that the classes are pretty neck and neck.

You are both tanks with a "currency" mechanic that you manage and this "currency" you either spend to use abilities or keep to improve certain abilities.

BG tends to spend his currency more so he can build it a little easier.
IB tends to hold his currency a little more because he has a lot of abilities that scale off of it.

When you do finally get to cities I think the least of your concern will be, "what is the most meta way to do this content" and you will rest more along the lines of, "its pretty dope to be fighting in the place where I sit on my ass queing for SC's."

Any tank you pick to play has to master "tanking" which is way more important than if you have spammable aoe, a crit debuff, or other nifty things. It's much more important to see if you can stay next to a target and keep him guarded and switch your guard to higher prio target and if you are using challenge than if you are spamming aoe.

I say go play IB, the bucket armored mother **** are cool and in the end u have the mega punt so you know you'll have fun. Watch some volgograd videos and get hyped.

BG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvSgnqHXiY8
IB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrR1523yQMo

Same player, this server, different classes, doing the same damn thing. Personally I play a BG because I like destro's side more but play who you want.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

catholicism198

Post#4 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:10 am

IB used to be better, but then they buffed BG and are now significantly better.
IB has a lot of buffs but none of them stack with pots or superior buffs from other classes, while the BG has buffs and debuffs.

Ignore the Volvo videos. That is no longer possible as armor values are much higher now.

wachlarz

Post#5 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:19 am

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:10 am IB used to be better, but then they buffed BG and are now significantly better.
IB has a lot of buffs but none of them stack with pots or superior buffs from other classes, while the BG has buffs and debuffs.

Ignore the Volvo videos. That is no longer possible as armor values are much higher now.
Bg buffs too dont stack.

blechkautz

Post#6 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:58 am

wachlarz wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:19 am
catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:10 am IB used to be better, but then they buffed BG and are now significantly better.

Bg buffs too dont stack.
Force of fury stacked with armor pot last time i checked.

hammerhead

Post#7 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:31 am

blechkautz wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:58 am
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:19 am

Bg buffs too dont stack.
Force of fury stacked with armor pot last time i checked.
Spoiler:
Well, that explains a lot. from the top down

pot + buff
only pot
only buff
without everything

(my bg - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... ter/261500)
(\|)o0(|/)

Drozen

Post#8 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Make both, try 'em out.. they both have there place, in wb play prob not first pick like kobs/chosen or bo/sm (but they can have there place with right specc/role in mind)
In smaller groups they are great both of them.

Personaly i enjoy them both, IB take's more of you as player to do justice tho.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#9 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Droze is absolutely right - WBs will take Knights/Chosens and SMs/BOs with priority over IBs/BGs and IBs in particular are very demanding of skill and understanding.

That said you never not take a good tank, even if they're BG or IB. Hell you never not take a good tank on Order in particular. I can only imagine maybe the LbLs full on bomb squad not taking a good IB and focusing on KotBSs and one or two SMs.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Lokiusus

Post#10 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:20 pm

Another difference IMO is that BG is much more selfish (lots of self buffs and only some ally buffs) whereas IB tends to transfer most/all of their buffs to their ally.

Ultimately if you're still on the fence with IB and BG, remember that basically from the moment you're rank 16, Order groups will literally beg you to help tank PVE, SCs, and RVR - Destro has so many tanks nobody will care about another lowbie BG.
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+