Recent Topics

Ads

improvements for ironbreaker?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
courtsdad1

Re: improvements for ironbreaker?

Post#31 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:50 am

romgaard wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:47 pm Not asking for huge buffs, just small stuff so we can fell like a part of the warband :-)

They fixed shadowwarriors ( or so it seems), Squig herders will be next...any chance that ironbreakers will be the next?
IB can't even be in the top 10 of classes needing attention.

Ads
courtsdad1

Post#32 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:51 am

romgaard wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 am really..IB is in a good spot?...
to quote another brother:
" IBs barely have any AoE. All of their buffs and debuffs are single target and have not been tweaked in a very long time. Some single target buffs are worse or equivalent to Knight Aura's that span the entire party. As far as cities go an S&B IB will have to manage a lot: following dps around so they don't die, smacking dps/healers with debuffs (especially punishing knock + kneecapper) when you have the chance, and constantly spreading oathfriend around the warband to give as many people your buffs as possible (the best buffs only last 10 seconds...). A 2h IB is a blast to play, can do decent damage, and does very well in small scale, but shouldn't see the same numbers as an equivalently geared BO or SM."

and can i point you toward the 9 pages long thread about Ironbreaker warband improvements:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=38077
If the number of pages of people whining was the criteria for change the world would be a much different, confused place. IB are a long way from needing baby attention.

jbrutal

Post#33 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:49 am

I don't think Ironbreakers are that bad that should be avoided, 4kotbs-2sm-2ib does fine. Alot of players are making ib seems like they're completely worthless i disagree with that

We definitely need some attention that's for sure nothing in years or at all just the nerf to buff-stacking that hurts us the most

what i think would be a 'temp fix' to ironbreakers is to gives us a grudge dump

shield sweep - remove CD, remove 10 grudes per hit and add hit all targets in 25 feet 'instead of 3' , increase grudge require
rune etched axe - remove ignore 100% victims armor and replace with decrease armor % of targets hit 'put ironbreaking in ironbreaker'
avenge the dept- reduces toughness or wounds for 20secs , if target is killed with debuff restore grudges and ap only once every 5/10 secs
Long Reach tactic- increase range by 5yards also have shield sweep and rune etched give 10 grudges for each target you hit
runic shield - increase amount and protect all damage not just magical
ancestor's fury- remove strength add melee power

priority rotation would be - oathbound, ancestors fury,rune-etched axe, on demand
inspiring attack/kneecapper on healers ,avenge the dept if target is low or focus , earthshatter on melee trains or runners, runic shield if oath friend is low, shield sweep spam. I think most of this can be done in 10-12secs
use toughness blue potion and armor blue potion to free up keybinds/global cds

this will increase our damage output and also makes us more desirable for mdps

end game build would look like this

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3743,3747

-smooth brain thinker
Last edited by jbrutal on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

hammerhead

Post#34 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:52 am

courtsdad1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:51 am
romgaard wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 am really..IB is in a good spot?...
to quote another brother:
" IBs barely have any AoE. All of their buffs and debuffs are single target and have not been tweaked in a very long time. Some single target buffs are worse or equivalent to Knight Aura's that span the entire party. As far as cities go an S&B IB will have to manage a lot: following dps around so they don't die, smacking dps/healers with debuffs (especially punishing knock + kneecapper) when you have the chance, and constantly spreading oathfriend around the warband to give as many people your buffs as possible (the best buffs only last 10 seconds...). A 2h IB is a blast to play, can do decent damage, and does very well in small scale, but shouldn't see the same numbers as an equivalently geared BO or SM."

and can i point you toward the 9 pages long thread about Ironbreaker warband improvements:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=38077
If the number of pages of people whining was the criteria for change the world would be a much different, confused place. IB are a long way from needing baby attention.
Another player whose IB is not even main. But you probably know better why Bork, given its explosive nature of damage, was given the ability to execute, or why the Chosen was presented with a runefang. Or are you one of those who will now list me all the IB skill from a calculator? Forgetting at the same time that the BG has everything the same in its best form and in one build it combines a super pant, 70% auto parry that does not require constant distraction, 10% crit buff for all and not for one, complete with a wound debuff and AA haste, and the ability to quickly rise Hate. Yes, this is ridiculous, you come here without having the slightest idea about the subject of conversation, throwing a phrase that must prove itself to a person who has three tanks (including a IB mirror). Go write those in the of Squig topic, you will be eaten with giblets.
(\|)o0(|/)

Rumpel

Post#35 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:23 am

as WE and Mara, IB is one of the strongest enemy's to me. 🤔
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

hammerhead

Post#36 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:09 am

Rumpel wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:23 am as WE and Mara, IB is one of the strongest enemy's to me. 🤔
Well outside 1x1 any tank for WE/WH is not a priority target. Starting from 24x24 you have the same problem as IB. Raising the AOE cap threw all classes of single target damage out of competition. Now everything is decided who has more blobs, stronger AOE and faster m2.
By the way, your problems with IB should be thanked for the constant KoBS nerf. In the old days, reflex knight was the strongest enemy for WE imo.
(\|)o0(|/)

Akilinus

Post#37 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:39 am

Honshu wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:31 pm
Akilinus wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 amI did not reroll from IB.
Then why are you speaking as if you know anything about the class? At least I have the good graces to admit my ignorance. Here you come into the thread not even having the politeness to offer advice from the destro perspective of things, since that appears mostly what you play. Offer assurances that the class is fine and tell people what particular IBs are doing correctly that seem to make a big impact. Instead, without even knowing anything about the class, you sit here on your highhorse telling people to learn to play.

If you have nothing but nonconstructive thoughts to offer and a complete ignorance of the subject matter, it's better to just not post at all.
My advice is that he should focus on improving himself instead of trying to make the devs make him good.
But some people rather play the game on paper. :)
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Honshu
Banned

Post#38 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:48 am

Akilinus wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:39 amBut some people rather play the game on paper. :)
He actually plays Ironbreaker. You don't. Seems to me you're the one "playing the game on paper" here, since you know nothing about whether or not Ironbreaker is genuinely underpowered, but are going to hem and haw over how it must be fine and people should just "learn to play" anyway.

Since you have nothing of value to add here, I'm done replying to you. Feel free to grab that all-important last word, I guess.

Ads
Foltestik

Post#39 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:18 am

will be awsome if IB will have 2 tacticks:
1) your outfriend will aply for whole party, but range of buffs is only 30 fts and cost more grudge/ap
2) your buffs from outfriend have range 100/150 fts

you will need to have 2 tacticks and you will buff your party, but maybee it will be to strong :(

Bloodlet

Post#40 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:06 pm

hammerhead wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:36 am
Bloodlet wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:57 pm Personally I think Path of Stone needs help to be more attractive and avenging the debt in that tree is junk. It literally has to be the killing blow on the enemy to proc the heal so if you have any sort of DoT from Binding Grudge or Heavy Blow or whatever good luck getting that last hit in with Avenging the Debt. I posted a suggestion awhile back stating maybe it should be a small self condition that if the enemy dies in the next 3-5 seconds then the heal procs.

Also I would suggest that the Furious Reprisal tactic perhaps also lower the cool-down on shield of reprisal or maybe increase the overall damage instead.
I see the whole tree as an attempt to make a pure pve tank. And the one who designed it hoped that the dwarves would not climb out of the dungeons. What you offer will not have much power on the battlefield. The task of the tank is to control the territory and now the situation is such that even going behind the enemy’s back can simply ignore you. Not a single tool to how to upset the life of the enemy except the slow. Support is good, but it is strongly tied to the slayer, which makes one IB in some way crippled.

It would be enough to add one or two debuffs so that the enemy clearly understands your presence. It is enough to copy something that other tanks already have and not invent anything from the head.

Oathstone has an amazing low efficiency for its rank ability. It’s possible to replace this rare damage with something similar to Tzeentch's Reflection.

Avenging the Debt is absolute trash. I can’t even find him a use in pve. This is an eyesore that has to be circumvented for the sake of SM spending precious points. This could be a skill for a set of grudges, and you could make a mix of 1 and 2 tree, with an instant set of class resources for protection and crit. Or at least copy something Mind Killer / Big Swing debuff component.

Shield Sweep is the second trash skill. Not worth the spent GCD. One of the two will either remove the cooldown or remove the grudges requirement. Or add to it something similar to Furious Howl.

The Oath of Vengeance tactics, which would be completely sensible in every sense, could add rigidity to the values ​​that BG has. Although I have no claims to specific protection. Maybe even just copying Overprotective to this place would be much better.

In general, claims to an understated AOE in comparison with competitors, which affects even pve.
Lack of a way to quickly dial a class resource in any of the builds.
Lack of sane debuffs that could help control the course of the battle.
I have no complaints about 6x6, no complaints about the city since IB shares the fate of BG and this is a place in the game that you just have to go through. But give us a role a little more than just a bodyblocker at the gate.
Eh I wasn't really offering anything aside from to say that Avenging the Debt is crap which you agree with. For the other suggestion I realize I actually messed that up and was thinking Furious Reprisal affected Shield Sweep instead of Shield of Reprisal (oops). It would be cool though if that tactic affected Shield Sweep instead of Shield of Reprisal because then you could have an AOE cooldown increaser. It's dumb that it affects Shield of Reprisal since 3 of the 5 seconds of the cooldown increase your target is on the ground anyway so its a waste.