Recent Topics

Ads

Returning slayer looking for guidance

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sempthegreat

Returning slayer looking for guidance

Post#1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Hello fellow Dawi.

I've got a level 20 Slayer and would like to get some tips and tricks, anything you can throw at me. Most importantly though, what's the best spec, dual wield or 2h?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Returning slayer looking for guidance

Post#2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:20 am

1. Dual wield is still the best. 2h could situationally be fun with a group or sometime solo but its tough. For warband play dual wield with Inevitable Doom, Shatter Limbs, Rampage, and retribution is key.

2. AoE cap was recently changed to include more players so blanket AoE abilities got even better (by blanket I mean ones that don’t have a cap like flurry or doomseeker).

3. Stack that WS. Bolster will carry your strength until lvl 32. After that tactics, pots, gear bonus will get you there.
But you need WS talismans!

4. This is my personal opinion but don’t ignore defensive stats. Meaning keep your Ini above 250, wounds above 7k, and use ancestral inheritance in warband play. Keep i mind there is only so much you can do about stats pre-level 40.

5. Spec parry, futile strikes, and deft defender for renown points.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Grock

Post#3 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:35 am

Pretty much what Bramm said.

When it comes to specs not much has changed. Classic Dual-wield Inevitable Doom is still the best all around.
2h now has some explosive burst potential, but needs good gear and slow weapon.
(although i believe Devastate can be even more devastating at low levels due to Bolster effect, may be worth trying it out at lvls 25-30)

Though due to AoE cap changes the build with Short Temper + Power Through for Wild Swing spamming is a bit more interesting than before: Flurry is stll capped at 3/9 targets, while WS, ID and Retribution hit up to 24 targets.

Make sure you have proper gear for your level, make sure you have talismans slotted everywhere.
At lvl 28-30 you'll get very strong Bolster effects so its a good time to buy exp reduction scrolls and farm some renown before you get to 31 and lose the effect.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

sempthegreat

Post#4 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 pm

What about stuff like rotations?