Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Tests on lvl 13 "Armor Pierce Ammunition"

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wonshot

Re: [Engi] Tests on lvl 13 "Armor Pierce Ammunition"

Post#31 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:14 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 am
To be fair, you are right about some points, but I still don't see any overtuning with an ability that has 60s CD and costs 13 pt in ST tree. Sure you can use it for AoE if combined with another Mastery, too, if you take Blunderbuss or Frag Grenade, but it doesn't make much sense to waste points in the other trees for just using one ability that hits a bit harder on not even all targets.

This is actually something I would like to see a little debate about. The arguement that it is a 13pointer and it should be worthwhile, makes sence in an isloated arguement when only looking at the one mastery tree. Because investing all the way up to 13point instead of stopping just at 9 to get Snipe, should matter.

But when we look at what else is available in the other mastery trees it is not as big of a "sacrifice" When you do spec deep in rifleman, get your Snipe 9pointer, and now 'Rounds at 13. you will run a rr60 build something along these lines:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=eng ... :;;0:0:0:0:

Not much room for utility tactics, and honestly you are getting nothing more than just stacking damage on top of your Class-mechanic. And there is nothing wrong with this imho, but because of the nature of the 3 mastery trees and how different they work (singletarget psy - Aoe/ST corp - utility/psy&slight corp aoe). My point is that because of the mastery trees hardly support eachothers playstyle it is not a massive sacrifice to go deep in one tree, since your options from the other trees are very limmited and barely fit in, maybe apart from the utility Tinker tactics.

So if you want to bring utility as an engineer you will be forced to go all out on either damage stacking or full utility, and while I am thankful for this change to make Rifleman work and make perfect sence now, I think the class has more dire needs when it comes to masteries and fulfulling roles. But it is one step in the right direction for sure, and I cant wait to see the future changes.

This post was not meant as a direct respons to the quouted post, but instead a point I wanted to make towards this arguement of 13pointer and it's value right now.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Tinkerer and Grenadier changes are in the pipeline and should (hopefully) be released for the community to experiment and give feedback on pronto.

Kragg

Post#33 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 pm Rifleman should be getting outdamaged by a well-played DPS AM or Grenade Engineer - but should be absolutely demolishing them on KBs. [/i].
Why? I see the fluff damage of the grenadier but whythe DPS of a healerclass? The time we need to set up our damage potential surely should outdamage that of a healer class, hmm?
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Foomy44

Post#34 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Kragg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:15 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:37 pm Rifleman should be getting outdamaged by a well-played DPS AM or Grenade Engineer - but should be absolutely demolishing them on KBs. [/i].
Why? I see the fluff damage of the grenadier but whythe DPS of a healerclass? The time we need to set up our damage potential surely should outdamage that of a healer class, hmm?
Gonna assume he means AM should be able to put out more aoe damage, probably due to the fact their damage mastery tree has multiple aoe abilites/tactics in it wheras rifleman tree has 0 (unless career builder is super outdated on em).
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Fallenkezef

Post#35 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:58 pm

I'd like to see keg looked at, it's the Engineer version of rampage, every build takes it because it's too damn good not too.

as far as 13 pointers go I think they need to be special, powerful (while avoiding OPness) speccing that deep into a tree should be really worthwhile
Alea iacta est

Sigimund

Post#36 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:15 pm

I just dropped keg from my build. It's not that good.

Foomy44

Post#37 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:28 pm

Keg already took a massive nerf when it went from OOG healing to party only. It's 9 pts up the mastery tree, that's no small sacrifice for a build, it should be good at least. I haven't seen huge heal numbers from an engi in a while (in SC at least), and when they are good it's usually because they got to setup in 1 spot and not move the entire match which is where they are supposed to shine. Pretty nice free heals in keep sieges for sure.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Healer archetype; if they spec for damage, they then should be considered a DPS because they are unable to function as a healer at that point.

Outdamage = do more damage overtime due to them being a rot class that can multidot. Rifleman is 95% ST damage, while DPS AM can spread potent dots.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Sigimund wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:15 pm I just dropped keg from my build. It's not that good.
It really isn't.
Rip Phalanx

Kragg

Post#40 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 pm
Healer archetype; if they spec for damage, they then should be considered a DPS because they are unable to function as a healer at that point.

Outdamage = do more damage overtime due to them being a rot class that can multidot. Rifleman is 95% ST damage, while DPS AM can spread potent dots.
Makes sense alright. Thanks for clearing that up
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance