Recent Topics

Ads

Tips on how to level a runepriest

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
thorad

Tips on how to level a runepriest

Post#1 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:41 pm

I searched but nothing came up, apologies if I am beating a dead horse.

I love playing a RP. It seems to be the best pure healer and thats what I like.

Other than begging for groups, can anyone offer guidance on how to level? I assume there is no secret but before I resign to my AM (lvl 39 atm) I would much prefer to heal as a RP ( lvl 10).

Cheers

Ads
dansari

Re: Tips on how to level a runepriest

Post#2 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:47 pm

RP is a good aoe farmer once you have the right tools (Rune of Might, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Battle). So you can either pve your way up or join scenarios where you don't need to beg for groups.
<Salt Factory>

sadgod

Post#3 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Step 1: Log out
Step 2: Click on create character
Step 3: Click on Destro side and choose any character from there
Step 4: Look cool
Step 5: Look cooler
Step 6: Look da coolest
Ps: Each new destro member get cookie :3
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26779&p=302843#p302843

Creating forum animated avatars like the one I have for in game currency or items : Discord : Setrius#6587

Mystriss

Post#4 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:54 pm

I know the feels man, I never was any good at the dps RP thing so I struggled a lot leveling it every time. My strategy was to do one map's quests (say Empire) then switch over to the other two maps (Elf/Dwarf) which were then a bit lower level, aka easier to dps down.

If you can struggle your way to lvl 31 you can usually find a dps looking to farm ruin, sadly that's just about the only rainbow I've found short of forcing a child/husband/friend to level something with me :lol:

Sedok

Post#5 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 pm

thorad wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:41 pm I love playing a RP. It seems to be the best pure healer and thats what I like.

Then RvR to r40, don't force yourself to do something you don't enjoy. Stop worrying about level cap; take your time, enjoy the leveling process, and you'll get there when you get there.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

adamthelc

Post#6 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:41 am

If you just want to level fast through PvE RPs are good at that.

Stack armor talismans, potion and tactic. Pull a big group, sometimes it helps to pull mobs lower level so you can pull more. Use AoE and heal as needed.

Trick is to find the right spot where you constantly have respawns, can pull a decent sized group and have 0 down time. It's going to vary by level so I cant just tell you where.

I think I leveled a RP faster than any other character, WP was close, dont know which was faster.

I assume you didnt mean level through PvP, because that seems pretty straight forward. Spec for heals, never die and carry bads to a win all day.

As far as healers go, RP and WP are pretty good at AoE grinding in PvE. An AM is not.

Glorian

Post#7 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 am

What Adam says. Get your AoE attacks. Hit a group of low lvl npcs and heal yourself while the dots do the damage.

Better healing helps there Better than good damage.

thorad

Post#8 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 pm

thanks guys, post 10 each level seems to get a little easier. No good AoE yet but ill hold on to hope.

Ads