Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Is Sorc gimped in 2022?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Meliannia

Re: [Sorc] Is Sorc gimped in 2022?

Post#11 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:03 pm

You need to download the up to date sorc add-ons
1. Simp add on
most sorcs today play with 2 tanks guard simps and 2 pocket healer simps minimum, no sorc will fight you one on one or have the testicular fortitude to solo

2. you also need ythe Mind Control all weaklings ability
any time sorcs are attcked, ALL destro within 100m must hear the hysterical screams on discord and flee the field of battle to ensure that sorc lives even if it costs destro the game.

update these and you'll be fine as paint and fit in with the other sorcs.,

Ads
Akilinus

Post#12 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:33 pm

Meliannia wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:03 pm You need to download the up to date sorc add-ons
1. Simp add on
most sorcs today play with 2 tanks guard simps and 2 pocket healer simps minimum, no sorc will fight you one on one or have the testicular fortitude to solo

2. you also need ythe Mind Control all weaklings ability
any time sorcs are attcked, ALL destro within 100m must hear the hysterical screams on discord and flee the field of battle to ensure that sorc lives even if it costs destro the game.

update these and you'll be fine as paint and fit in with the other sorcs.,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Mez

Post#13 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:05 pm

You are not wrong about changes. But not gimped no.

However disrupt has been a big problem on RoR. You need PvP ring/cloak jewelry to help along with good PvP gear. My rr73 in vanquisher feels okay right now.

Also my big issue with sorc right now (which no one else seems to mind) is somehow at the start of 2020 Word of Pain (and BW's Boiling Blood) both stopped proccing. Proccing anything.

So 25% chance for frozen touch procs, staff damage procs(jolt etc), damage procs from set bonus, 'ere we go and DoK covenants etc, tactics like devour energy (AP) or tapping the dark (bubbles), and a whole litany if other utility and damage.

My spec is 13 point Shades of Death that 'proc' 5x 100 damage, and because WoP is my main ability I only can get 4 off before the backload buff wears off. If this bug remains at the least Shades of Death needs to have a chance to crit, otherwise it's a 400 flat damage spell, or 500 if you use it to assist ( which you wouldn't do with base abilities doing twice that).

As single target you are better off putting pit of Shades down for 1 tick rather than waste a global on a 13 point mastery ability. Just for the chance to crit and/or proc alone. Let that sink in.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Sinisterror

Post#14 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:27 pm

Mez wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:05 pm You are not wrong about changes. But not gimped no.

However disrupt has been a big problem on RoR. You need PvP ring/cloak jewelry to help along with good PvP gear. My rr73 in vanquisher feels okay right now.

Also my big issue with sorc right now (which no one else seems to mind) is somehow at the start of 2020 Word of Pain (and BW's Boiling Blood) both stopped proccing. Proccing anything.

So 25% chance for frozen touch procs, staff damage procs(jolt etc), damage procs from set bonus, 'ere we go and DoK covenants etc, tactics like devour energy (AP) or tapping the dark (bubbles), and a whole litany if other utility and damage.

My spec is 13 point Shades of Death that 'proc' 5x 100 damage, and because WoP is my main ability I only can get 4 off before the backload buff wears off. If this bug remains at the least Shades of Death needs to have a chance to crit, otherwise it's a 400 flat damage spell, or 500 if you use it to assist ( which you wouldn't do with base abilities doing twice that).

As single target you are better off putting pit of Shades down for 1 tick rather than waste a global on a 13 point mastery ability. Just for the chance to crit and/or proc alone. Let that sink in.
Mez wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:05 pm You are not wrong about changes. But not gimped no.

It's been a long time to not have proc possibilty on main dmg skill that requires tactic slot should be high priority imo. Noticed this only 1 yr ago. I play both bw/sorc and while bw has self-cleanse(should be mirrored to sorc) Funnel power which is kind of samish skill idea with Shades of Death, both doing dmg after direct dmg to target . Bw version is passive selfbuff costs 5 career points and does dmg for every direct dmg skill, and no AP cost. Sorc Version costs 13 career points 30ap lasts 10 seconds to land 5 direct hits, same dmg as Funnel Power.
SoD really should be able to crit and there should be no limits to how many times it can proc during that 10 seconds. SoD being debuff on enemy target, needs recasting so it should behave like skills do. Meaning all SoD dmg procs should (and used to) have a chance to proc everything like Frozen Touch/Wpn Dmg procs/DoK covenants etc if direct dmg came from Sorc. All direct attacks from everyone procs SoD so 5x in 10 seconds might be gone when you finish 2 sec cast.

Sorceress should be only one who's direct dmg is proccing SoD and no 5xstacks, When you inflict direct dmg in 10 seconds SoD procs everytime. If it worked like that and would be able to Crit (which it used to and should) it would be better than current sorc 13career point skills. When comparing to 100ft KD that eats up Ignite but instant cast or 50% HD that dmg's all who DirectHeal your target. And FBB 13 second CD does dmg to your target and around it 3 sec cast but can be used as instant dmg if start casting FBB and moving.

Also FoH used to proc from any skill used on enemy so using Ignite and it lands FoH had chance to proc. Frozen Touch used to proc from AA to all direct dmg but no skill required just direct dmg dealt. Wording says that even now on Career Builder on FoH/FT. For this and many other reasons Tactics like '75% proc chance on FoH' Or Chilling gusts and SoG.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Mez

Post#15 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:52 pm

Correct. The premier ability on one of the games premier arctypes is broken and not fair to those playing the class. Yet I sense a 'sorcs/wizards are fine' attitude is probably in play.

But if your playing the class, it really stinks having a broken spell especially when it affects your main spec spell shades of death (essentially 20%nerf) only getting 4 of the 5 procs.

Regarding reworking Shades of Death I can't see RoR working on sorc balance right now, (be great if it became a knockdown or healdebuff). I just want word of Pain and Boiling Blood fixed to where they were. Proccing procs. I main both classes and it's very frustrating for many reasons.

If coordinated strike or Plink or guillotine stopped proccing everything I feel like it would have been fixed by now
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)

Sulorie

Post#16 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:48 am

Procs are caused by direct damage hits, not dot ticks. WoP is no direct damage. For what reason this should be changed?
Dying is no option.

Mez

Post#17 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:51 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:48 am Procs are caused by direct damage hits, not dot ticks. WoP is no direct damage. For what reason this should be changed?
Thank you for your question.

Boiling Blood & Word of Pain are not a damage-over-time spells. It's backloaded direct damage. Tool tip states it applies a debuff and 'when the effect ends the victim will suffer 757 corp damage.
For comparison the BW's Slow Boil and the sorc's Vision of Torment, is the exact same mechanic. For Slow Boil a debuff is applied, and when the effect ends they will suffer 557 damage.

So how is it Slow Boil and Vision of Torment, the exact type of ability, can proc flames of ruin. or other procs for that matter? If you want actual proof, if you equip Solarbeam, a staff that has Burn IX on it, a 5% chance DoT 'On Hit' also procs with these spells. Yet if you cast Ignite. a baseline DoT, Burn IX does not proc whatsoever.

Ladies and gentlemen of the court. Despite this. Despite this. Why does this question even matter? Is this same kind of MMO argument that is ingrained in our psyches? Perhaps.

Then why does a slayer's Inevitable Doom, a backloaded DoT proc flames of ruin and god knows what else other procs Every Single Time it ticks. (courtroom gasps in shock). In addition a sorc's casted DoT Gloom of Night is a DoT in fact, and EVERY tick procs procs. It always has and should always will. When I play sorc, I actually am good and use this on tanks to chew up challenge off me. (murmurs of impressed jury).

Yes. I know. Again, why does this even matter, when the fact is a year and a half ago, Boiling Blood & Word of Pain already were proccing procs. For the last 12 years it was proccing procs just fine.

Then one slow day about a year and a half ago, Someone ninja nerfed these abilities..On Both sides, and even neutered Slow Boil. The bright wizard's 2nd best backload spell was simultaneously changed so it would not do more than tooltip damage, so no amount of intelligence would increase it. (It was doing 1k+ then all of a sudden 500+). https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17992 bug report cirque Oct 2020.

But our killer messed up. They got lazy, or perhaps botched the job. They did not ninja nerf the Sorc's equivelent of Slow Boil. My sorc was ripping off 1300 Vision of Torments with the same damage bonus, when my bright wizard was tossing out 550 damage slow boil's and it's burst package was borked.

I enlisted Bombling to help me campaign, and War-G tested it. He fixed it. (jury smiles at the holy Wargrimnir in the back row of the courtroom, fumbling with his phone to reset a fort that is bugged).

It wasnt until after this when I felt like playing my BW again because it was fixed, I noticed a problem. Boiling Blood wasn't proccing anything. At all. I worked hard for my measily 10% chance on hit to proc my sovereign damage bonus, yet one of my first spells in my rotation didn't even give it a chance. 25% chance of flames of ruin was hardly much, but someone took it away still. My DoK friend cried when he heard my precious Word of Pain didn't snare that white lion who was running away beacuse it didn't proc his covenant of celerity.

The pain and sorrow continues. And it doesn't make a damn difference to anyone, because no one cares probably. But I care. And other people's casters are lower and don't even realize it. But I got their back. I spoke up. No, this aint getting fixed. But I'll at least let the world know, Your boy made the bug report in December of 2020 https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18255 And I have not forgotten you. You have a voice. I just humbly ask in due time, maybe in a few more years time, when someone has time, this bug report is assigned and patched. Because ladies and gentlemen, the stealth nerf wasn't announced. It wasn't patched. It just happened. And $%^& does happen, but also, people like me will notice.

(dramatic applause from literally no one. yet I :::bow::: )

Strakar

Post#18 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:27 am

Reading the topic, just want to weigh in that my sorc is my least favorite class to play. Can they be effective? Yes, but all the conditions have to align. Even then several other classes can do it better. I don't think another class has more useless skills and dubious talents in their skill trees.

Maybe the skill cap is just too high for an average player but I'd like to see them be more accessible vs. the mdps meta. As my tank and healer I don't like having a sorc in my group. I know they are going to be a drain on resources and probably end up middle of the pack in dps unless it's one of the really good ones. Particularly as a tank it's more satisfying to run in next to an mdps than sit back protecting a squishy. No knock on the sorc players themselves since I'm empathetic to how hard they are to play well.

Ads
Evilest

Post#19 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:12 pm

Mez wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:51 am Then why does a slayer's Inevitable Doom, a backloaded DoT proc flames of ruin and god knows what else other procs Every Single Time it ticks. (courtroom gasps in shock). In addition a sorc's casted DoT Gloom of Night is a DoT in fact, and EVERY tick procs procs. It always has and should always will. When I play sorc, I actually am good and use this on tanks to chew up challenge off me. (murmurs of impressed jury).
Because it's a slayer ability, duh. As much sense as rampage being 5 points.

Some changes are ill thought through... WoP, immunity timers vs triumphant blasting, ICD to kisses, dire shielding re-nerf ..

Sinisterror

Post#20 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:22 am

Evilest wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:12 pm
Mez wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:51 am Then why does a slayer's Inevitable Doom, a backloaded DoT proc flames of ruin and god knows what else other procs Every Single Time it ticks. (courtroom gasps in shock). In addition a sorc's casted DoT Gloom of Night is a DoT in fact, and EVERY tick procs procs. It always has and should always will. When I play sorc, I actually am good and use this on tanks to chew up challenge off me. (murmurs of impressed jury).
Because it's a slayer ability, duh. As much sense as rampage being 5 points.

Some changes are ill thought through... WoP, immunity timers vs triumphant blasting, ICD to kisses, dire shielding re-nerf ..
2 second ICD was added to every career procs. Sorc/bw/wp/dok career procs took biggest dmg nerf because they apply to whole party and didnt use to have any ICD. It was very powerful to have sorc+dps dok+heal dok in party because Frozen Touch/Covenant of Celerity/Covenant of Vitality = 3 dmg procs for whole party that had no ICD and procced from all direct dmg, autoattacks as well. This was too powerful and 2 sec ICD was added to kill proc meta but 0,5-1 sec ICD MAX would be much better, on kissess as well.

Also Bw Flames of Rhuin used to work differently. It stll read's "25% chance to proc everytime they attack target" which means everytime bw or anyone in bw's group uses any skill on enemy it can proc, no dmg required. So landing any SKILL on enemy had chance to proc FoH. This is why Crown of FIre used to be AWESOME 75% to whole grp to proc FoH<3 But with 2 sec ICD lol not anymore. Sorc Frozen Touch procs from any direct dmg, autoattacks and aoe if it's direct dmg. I believe both FoH and FT works this way in RoR.

Damn i miss double Kiss proc on WE finishers... Im quessing that is why all we finisher hit 2 times and on both hits kisses used to have a chance to proc<3 Also on live Proc dmg came before skill dmg.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz