Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Is Sorc gimped in 2022?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Evilest

Re: [Sorc] Is Sorc gimped in 2022?

Post#21 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:58 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:22 am Damn i miss double Kiss proc on WE finishers... Im quessing that is why all we finisher hit 2 times and on both hits kisses used to have a chance to proc<3 Also on live Proc dmg came before skill dmg.
Yes. And how things like SS/MoM also got side nerfed...

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#22 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:06 pm

Evilest wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:58 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:22 am Damn i miss double Kiss proc on WE finishers... Im quessing that is why all we finisher hit 2 times and on both hits kisses used to have a chance to proc<3 Also on live Proc dmg came before skill dmg.
Yes. And how things like SS/MoM also got side nerfed...
SS meaning Sacrificial Stab? Cant remember how MoM was live. Did SS do anything special except heal in live ? now it adds 10-50 % AA dmg for 10 seconds which is very nice but still i dont spec SS or even witchbrew. RoR.builders - Witch Elf This build imo best possible but without +2 sove i go with this RoR.builders - Witch Elf

Anyway what is nerf to SS and MoM? MoM would be better if it proc'd on crit not after frenzy.

Edit. 6-piece Beastlord bonus for WE/WH is very nice and if i could have 4-Onslaught/4-Sovereign/Bloodlord wpn 5% + dmg AND that 6 piece bonus from beastlord at the same time <3. If had that 6pc bonus on welf then i would go for RoR.builders - Witch Elf because chance to get extra bloodlust when attacking or taking direct dmg so i could keep SS 40-50%+ AA dmg on every 3-4 seconds so BE is almost always active. 1500-1700 AA crits would be happening at best i think=) But without 6pc beastlord 50 % armour pene for 3 seconds is better than SS but both together is NICE.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Lion1986

Post#23 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:33 pm

personally i swapped sorc to magus and i never have regretted it. Havoc magus can burn quite well once you get decent gear and also aoe spec is still decent (although mist nerf).
But the most interesting thing is tht you do not kill yourself each time you try to damage someone.
Sorc is the pathetic version of BW in all aspects. there is not a single thing a sorc do that a BW can do better.

Lerris81

Post#24 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:55 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:33 pm personally i swapped sorc to magus and i never have regretted it. Havoc magus can burn quite well once you get decent gear and also aoe spec is still decent (although mist nerf).
But the most interesting thing is tht you do not kill yourself each time you try to damage someone.
Sorc is the pathetic version of BW in all aspects. there is not a single thing a sorc do that a BW can do better.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Elvicof

Post#25 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:37 am

Lion1986 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:33 pm personally i swapped sorc to magus and i never have regretted it. Havoc magus can burn quite well once you get decent gear and also aoe spec is still decent (although mist nerf).
According to you they are better at dying, so cant give it all the BW at this stage.

But other than that this statement is just incorrect
Moonlapse and VII

Lion1986

Post#26 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:50 am

Elvicof wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:37 am
According to you they are better at dying, so cant give it all the BW at this stage.

But other than that this statement is just incorrect
never said that. I simply said bw has a lot more better skill in my opinion, which is, ofc course, an opinion.
For example: compare shades of death with fireball barrage.
Sorc has no healdebuff
sorch has absorb vitality which is good and gives some health back, but BW has more control due to stop, drop and roll, which shut down dps when they jump on you.

sh0tcalla

Post#27 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:49 am

Strakar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:27 am Reading the topic, just want to weigh in that my sorc is my least favorite class to play. Can they be effective? Yes, but all the conditions have to align. Even then several other classes can do it better. I don't think another class has more useless skills and dubious talents in their skill trees.

Maybe the skill cap is just too high for an average player but I'd like to see them be more accessible vs. the mdps meta. As my tank and healer I don't like having a sorc in my group. I know they are going to be a drain on resources and probably end up middle of the pack in dps unless it's one of the really good ones. Particularly as a tank it's more satisfying to run in next to an mdps than sit back protecting a squishy. No knock on the sorc players themselves since I'm empathetic to how hard they are to play well.
Well it didn't used to be this way. I played Sorc in live retail from launch to death. I even played Sorc again when RoR first started, then took a 4 year break and on return, it's obvious the class is not the same as it once was. After playing something for a good 10 years, stepping away for a few and then returning, the writing is on the wall. It's unfortunate that someone decided to change sorc, because was it ever really broken? It used to work as intended and no one ever had a problem with it.

Lion1986

Post#28 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:15 pm

sh0tcalla wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:49 am
Strakar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:27 am Reading the topic, just want to weigh in that my sorc is my least favorite class to play. Can they be effective? Yes, but all the conditions have to align. Even then several other classes can do it better. I don't think another class has more useless skills and dubious talents in their skill trees.

Maybe the skill cap is just too high for an average player but I'd like to see them be more accessible vs. the mdps meta. As my tank and healer I don't like having a sorc in my group. I know they are going to be a drain on resources and probably end up middle of the pack in dps unless it's one of the really good ones. Particularly as a tank it's more satisfying to run in next to an mdps than sit back protecting a squishy. No knock on the sorc players themselves since I'm empathetic to how hard they are to play well.
Well it didn't used to be this way. I played Sorc in live retail from launch to death. I even played Sorc again when RoR first started, then took a 4 year break and on return, it's obvious the class is not the same as it once was. After playing something for a good 10 years, stepping away for a few and then returning, the writing is on the wall. It's unfortunate that someone decided to change sorc, because was it ever really broken? It used to work as intended and no one ever had a problem with it.
there was a period where all melee classes whined in the forum (like 4 or 3 yars ago don't remember well) where they where crying they always got "oneshotted" by BW and sorcs. so PAF! nerf after nerf we came to "melee meta" now.

Ads