Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Word of Pain/Boiling Blood

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mez

[Sorc] Word of Pain/Boiling Blood

Post#1 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:04 pm

I made a bug report over a year ago that word of pain and boiling blood do not proc anything. No dok or warrior priest prayers, no AP tactics, no procs from other classes on hit (such as shaman's 'Ere we go, Runie's/Zeal AP ritual, or knight's Shining Blade), no frozen touch, +5% damage to target from 7 piece Sov bonus. No procs of any kind and this is the main 5 second skill and centerpiece of the class' rotation.

The bug tracker post says don't bump reports. I'm confined to believe this is never going to get fixed now as my report is so buried. So rather than try and campaign for a fix I just want to bring awareness to this fact since I never posted it on forums. If you use Shades of Death, (a THIRTEEN point ability that doesn't CRIT) you need to test your rotation out to the fact you only get 5 damage procs of about 100 damage each. However I have a unique rotation and I only get 4 by the time the 10 second timer wears off. So my 13 point ability is 20% less damage.

Just a Public Service Announcement so share with your Bright Wizard friends as well that their boiling blood isn't proccing anything either, Sov damage bonus. invader staff damage procs, funnel power, flames of Rhuin (this makes crown of fire and fueled from within weaker), morale tactic, and I assume if BB disrupts you won't get Flashfire (0 second free spell). Although I didn't test that. I assume the tactic is a proc on disrupt.

The willpower debuff is applying and does increase with the tactic. This is just a proc issue.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: [Sorc] Word of Pain/Boiling Blood

Post#2 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:56 pm

It's considered a DoT - ie; it's landed without a travel time and has a duration and therefore doesn't proc. Intentional, probably why your bug report got buried.

Mez

Post#3 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:01 pm

I dont know about that. It worked in live and earlier versions of RoR. RoR footage: https://youtu.be/2tCgOM6lo74?t=148 at 2:30 flames of ruin proc against the dok when BB goes off. It worked for a long time then during covid it got ninja nerfed, or broken. Wasn't in patch notes.

Other spells have no travel time like gloomburst. Also Vision of Torment works fine which is the exact same mechanic.

Gloom of Night is a dot. it procs frozen touch.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)

anarchypark

Post#4 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:08 pm

Imagine lucky DD at end of timestamped burst activates skill proc and weapon proc simultaneously.
( it actually happens )
and WoP trigger another skill+weapon procs same time.

probably ICD is preventing it but if different kind of proc from each timestamped skills hit same time,
It's too much?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Mez

Post#5 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:16 pm

No ive been testing this for the last 14 months. you can just put the spell on a target and see no procs happen. Word of Pain or BB. It seems very intentional to soften the burst of this class type by somebody. I hate it because its just all procs, and casters use this ability on cool down. its a major piece of our button pushing and rob us of multiple utilities.

Arthem

Post#6 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:33 pm

Mez wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:01 pm I dont know about that. It worked in live and earlier versions of RoR. RoR footage: https://youtu.be/2tCgOM6lo74?t=148 at 2:30 flames of ruin proc against the dok when BB goes off. It worked for a long time then during covid it got ninja nerfed, or broken. Wasn't in patch notes.

Other spells have no travel time like gloomburst. Also Vision of Torment works fine which is the exact same mechanic.

Gloom of Night is a dot. it procs frozen touch.
Festering Arrow on SW also broke / ninja nerfed at same period. So a few range spells stopped working as intended. FA stopped getting weapon contrib. You get a lot of weird things happening to range spells in the background.

Secrets said WoP is a DoT but it isn't. Even Slayer's ID works more like a DoT than WoP and gets all the procs.

Mez

Post#7 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:05 pm

hey hey. get the heck out of my forum sir. this is my whine thread.

Now that you say that, actually Slow Boil had it's damage co-efficient removed stealthy, so it was only doing tooltip damage with no increase from intel. But Bombling and I campaigned for a fix and they fixed it. Odd ninja nerf though along the lines you speak of.

I noticed Slow Boil was doing half the damage in 2020 also but it was fixed.
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18051

if devs crack the case I want a griffon Mount. I ask because I know I wont get one. So asking for entertainment. I've been point crap out for over 10 years here, I want my mount.

P.S. Also remove Sov witch hunter punt. Its just a meme for killing your friends from keep walls. Nerf @Krubs please.

Caduceus

Post#8 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:05 pm

Vision of Torment is actually bugged (and presumably Slow Boil as well). It can be resisted on both its application and on the actual damage tick. So a single cast of Vision of Torment has two chances to be resisted.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Valarion

Post#9 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:42 pm

@Mez- Just so you know our BB testing today didnt include any class procs (I intentionally didnt engage flames of ruin for example).

Let me know if you need more testing, Im on Hotspec tonight.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted