Recent Topics

Ads

[We] What build for solo roam and scenarios

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Haskr

[We] What build for solo roam and scenarios

Post#1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:31 pm

Hello!
I need help on the witch elf.
What build is a good one for solo roaming on the witch elf :?:

Ads
sharpblader

Re: [We] What build for solo roam and scenarios

Post#2 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:34 am

Haskr wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:31 pm Hello!
Hi,

As a fresh level 40 here is a build you can use:

RoR.builders - Witch Elf

The last point you can either use for Heal Debuff or 100% Disrupt.

The best part of this talent setup is that you can use RvR gear for a strength based build OR use Scenario Dominator gear for a defensive build. Personally, def build when low RR is pretty good compared to str build.

For starter defensive build:

5x Dominator
1x Grimshimmer Chest with 180+ regen (Or Mercenary Chest 60 regen)
2x SC Tyranny weapons with regen
3x Fleshrender regen jewels (If too expensive or dont want to farm, you can use the 3x Winds Impervious Jewel set for extra armor and high resists)

RR points depend on your preference. As a def WE avoid using Futile Strikes because you want Sacrifices Rewarded to proc as much as possible.

Rest use all gear with toughness and wounds.

Talismans you can slot Toughness or Armor.

Youre main damage will come from Witchbrew. You can kite with throwing dagger with WB up for undefendable damage while keeping away from harm. When youre in melee you can stun and spam Agonizing Wounds from behind target. Try to avoid spending all your WB stacks with 1 point Ruthless Assault instead build more blood lust for next WB cycle because of its low cooldown.

Haskr

Post#3 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:46 am

sharpblader wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:34 am
Hi,

RoR.builders - Witch Elf

The best part of this talent setup is that you can use RvR gear for a strength based build OR use Scenario Dominator gear for a defensive build. Personally, def build when low RR is pretty good compared to str build.

5x Dominator
3x Fleshrender regen jewels (If too expensive or dont want to farm, you can use the 3x Winds Impervious Jewel set for extra armor and high resists)

RR points depend on your preference. As a def WE avoid using Futile Strikes because you want Sacrifices Rewarded to proc as much as possible.

Youre main damage will come from Witchbrew. You can kite with throwing dagger with WB up for undefendable damage while keeping away from harm. When youre in melee you can stun and spam Agonizing Wounds from behind target. Try to avoid spending all your WB stacks with 1 point Ruthless Assault instead build more blood lust for next WB cycle because of its low cooldown.
Thank you for the detailed reply, I will try that build out, until I hit 40 im going to improvise a bit. At the moment I run right tree knockdown + 50% crit dmg + 15% dmg after leaving stealth tactic + flanking. I can get of some good crits with level 32, even again tanks, but its missing the sustain and i get bursted down quickly (running full pots, health pots and absorb pot, but its not much). 1vs1 i really like the big dmg build i have now, but those situations are rare in sc and roaming the lakes I feel.
I saw that the defensive/witch brew build got some flak recently, will it be changed or something?
Around how much toughness is a good marker to orientate? Are armor talis good too or not?
Would winds impervious + 1 fleshrender be worth it?
Thank you for the reply :)

sharpblader

Post#4 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:41 pm

Spoiler:
Haskr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:46 am
sharpblader wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:34 am
Hi,

RoR.builders - Witch Elf

5x Dominator

Your main damage will come from Witchbrew. You can kite with throwing dagger with WB up for undefendable damage while keeping away from harm. When youre in melee you can stun and spam Agonizing Wounds from behind target. Try to avoid spending all your WB stacks with 1 point Ruthless Assault instead build more blood lust for next WB cycle because of its low cooldown.
Thank you for the detailed reply, I will try that build out, until I hit 40 im going to improvise a bit. At the moment I run right tree knockdown + 50% crit dmg + 15% dmg after leaving stealth tactic + flanking. I can get of some good crits with level 32, even again tanks, but its missing the sustain and i get bursted down quickly (running full pots, health pots and absorb pot, but its not much). 1vs1 i really like the big dmg build i have now, but those situations are rare in sc and roaming the lakes I feel.
I saw that the defensive/witch brew build got some flak recently, will it be changed or something?
Around how much toughness is a good marker to orientate? Are armor talis good too or not?
Would winds impervious + 1 fleshrender be worth it?
Thank you for the reply :)

That's a decent burst build for a level 32 WE. But like you said you won't be able to survive long. At this level I will recommend using the defensive spec because between level 32 and 40 you will become weaker as your bolster buff is going to slowly wane out.

At level 32 you can run defensive build with scenario gear the stats I'm forgetting but it still has decent sustain through kisses healing. You will mostly have to kite more than usual, even with less than 5 bloodlust Witchbrew, if you're being focussed

True, the defensive WB spec has been getting a lot of flak because it is OP just like the def WH build. The undefendable throwing dagger might get fixed soon as it is a bug.

I'm not 100% sure on the toughness maybe a more experienced def WE can weigh in but I make do with around 600. Armor talis are pretty good plus your bolster will increase the values.

One fleshrender ring on its own is meh but it depends on how much total regen you have from other sources.

At your level regen will be hard to obtain though. One thing you can try out in the middle tree is septic blades tactic. This might help aleviate some pressure from your enemies till you can slot sacrifices rewarded.

I forgot to mention it but your main bloodlust building abilities will be your dot skills. Alternatively, if your opponent is defending a lot of your attacks, you can use slice to guarantee a bloodlust. It's probably a bug, but this ability always generates bloodlust even if it is defended which is not the case with any other of your abilities.

reynor007

Post#5 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:52 pm

sharpblader wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:41 pm
now it’s clear why you always defend def we, you yourself play it, there are no more questions for you)
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

sharpblader

Post#6 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:20 pm

reynor007 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:52 pm
now it’s clear why you always defend def we, you yourself play it, there are no more questions for you)
Can you please not poison this thread? I'm trying to help with build.

I never defended Def WEs. Like you never defend Def WHs. I always said both need toning down.

Oh btw I play def WH too.

Krima

Post#7 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:44 pm

MDPV tears about WE being op in 3...2...1.

Another topic poisoned by the WH fan

Regarding good solo WE build:
Let me share what I like to play and far away from the trash/brainless defensive WB build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5613,5625

Its a high PARRY, riposte build.

If you about to atack a caster, can swap tactics on the fly.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Tanski

Post#8 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:10 pm

If I may chime in, def wb regen is your best bet for roam in early levels I have seen much success with it, make sure you have the heal from kiss.

Regarding WH, I saw MDPV legit 1v4 against 4 lvl 40s and then start melting my bg in warlord before I chad punted him into a wb, but WH is bad class right ? … :)
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
Evilest

Post#9 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:26 pm

Krima wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:44 pm
MDPV tears about WE being op in 3...2...1.

Another topic poisoned by the WH fan

Regarding good solo WE build:
Let me share what I like to play and far away from the trash/brainless defensive WB build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5613,5625

Its a high PARRY, riposte build.

If you about to atack a caster, can swap tactics on the fly.
Doesn't riposte have an ICD?

reynor007

Post#10 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:53 pm

sharpblader wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:20 pm
Can you please not poison this thread? I'm trying to help with build.

I never defended Def WEs. Like you never defend Def WHs. I always said both need toning down.

Oh btw I play def WH too.
it amuses me a lot that with 2k+ critical hits, someone still says that it is def wh, apparently any class that I play immediately becomes deftard and then 100 copies of it appear, okay(
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+