Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc: tactics

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: Sorc: tactics

Post#11 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:08 am

This is not about tactics but about SoD. Imo SoD should give yourself 5x stacks and 1 is consumed by direct dmg. VoT+WoP would count as direct dmg with SoD stacks. Chilling guts and Swell of Gloom tactics would also consume stack. In this way at least SoD would be much better than it is now.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
DR4296

Re: Sorc: tactics

Post#12 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:44 pm

merfp27 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:52 am
DR4296 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:55 pm
merfp27 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:18 pm There’s only one ST spec, since our DD tree remains unviable.
RoR.builders - Sorcerer
You can swap out CG for InT if you need it.

For aoe, it all depends on what you’re doing. If you’re bomb, I’d say take PS. If you’re going to hang out in the back take FF.

I'm curious as to what your (or any) good rotation is for that build?
I've got a different build for single target... and I tend to try to whip off 5 immediate cast DoTs....and then follow up with the longer cast-timer ones.
The rotation I use is:

Ice spikes> vison of torment > word of pain > chillwind > arctic blast > gloomburst > impending doom > hand of ruin.

Ice spikes and VoT will probably get cleansed(if they don’t great), but
WoP, AB, GB and ID should all hit in the same timestamp. First tick of HoR should finish them off if they’re still up.

Thanks very much for the info!