Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc lack of CC/HD

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
brasyan

Re: Sorc lack of CC/HD

Post#11 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:12 pm

this whole post sounds like a problem with positioning, not the characther. Sorc is already way stronger compared to BW single target spec, if your issue is that you are getting caught to much, then its not the archetypes problem but the player. Also not having quick escape on a sorc? another problem you have. im sure you can spare 10 points to ensure your survivability. How do you expect to kite something when you have nothing available for you to use? Your completly helpless, and need to rely on some sort of speed proc to keep your distance while kiting. Not ask for a buff to sorcs CC that clearly dont need one. also sorc needing heal debuff??? hello?? lmao. Also soloing on a sorc doesnt help ,which i know you are known for doing in the lakes. Cheers

Ads
Caduceus

Post#12 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:21 pm

brasyan wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:12 pm this whole post sounds like a problem with positioning, not the characther. Sorc is already way stronger compared to BW single target spec, if your issue is that you are getting caught to much, then its not the archetypes problem but the player. Also not having quick escape on a sorc? another problem you have. im sure you can spare 10 points to ensure your survivability. How do you expect to kite something when you have nothing available for you to use? Your completly helpless, and need to rely on some sort of speed proc to keep your distance while kiting. Not ask for a buff to sorcs CC that clearly dont need one. also sorc needing heal debuff??? hello?? lmao. Also soloing on a sorc doesnt help ,which i know you are known for doing in the lakes. Cheers

10/10 for comedy. :lol:

I'd suggest leveling a sorc out of T1 before lecturing others about a class you've clearly never touched.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Jinxypie

Post#13 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:01 pm

Give them proper 3s rKD.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Sever1n

Post#14 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Disarm, and silence nowadays called ''lack of cc''? Yeah sure give sork 100ft stun, selfknockback, selfsustain, pounce and rift/magnet. And a 12k burst..... I believe that kind of wetdreams shammies have when they doing a lot of shrooms. Sork in good position, compared to godlike wp/doc, and craplike 2h kotbs/kitedbyanything slayers. Right now sorcs in good spot and clearly THAT nerf isnt a reason to boost them into godspot. Because that is a place of SH. If u play this this game a long time that u was perfectly aware of what char u making, and what weaknesess it have. Now u try to get rid of them, becose 1rr not even all clasess take? Maybe u should add tank and heal into friendlist as other dps classes?

Caduceus

Post#15 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Sever1n wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:34 pm Disarm, and silence nowadays called ''lack of cc''? Yeah sure give sork 100ft stun, selfknockback, selfsustain, pounce and rift/magnet. And a 12k burst..... I believe that kind of wetdreams shammies have when they doing a lot of shrooms. Sork in good position, compared to godlike wp/doc, and craplike 2h kotbs/kitedbyanything slayers. Right now sorcs in good spot and clearly THAT nerf isnt a reason to boost them into godspot. Because that is a place of SH. If u play this this game a long time that u was perfectly aware of what char u making, and what weaknesess it have. Now u try to get rid of them, becose 1rr not even all clasess take? Maybe u should add tank and heal into friendlist as other dps classes?

Sorc is obviously not in a good position in 6v6. They are a giant liability that is completely shut down when attacked, and has no escape tools.

On top of that, their damage has been lacking since forever. This talk of mythical "12k burst" comes only from people who do not play Sorc and have once in their life seen a target dummy screenshot. Every Sorc knows that such lengthy and heavily telegraphed rotations never work versus decent opponents. The counterplay potential is absolutely massive, even when the Sorc is freecasting.

To drive this point home; guard, detaunt, challenge, below, (etc.), disrupt, punt, stun, interrupt, cleanse, LoS, and nothing will be left of that "12k burst". Ontop of that, Sorc has no sustained damage potential, meaning that if your opponents have a clue and shut down your burst, you are completely useless. This problem has now been further compounded by the addition of TB, which any healer/DD worth their salt will pick over FS.

And clearly their CC arsenal is extremely limited when compared to other classes. A single 3 sec disarm/silence does nothing to keep you safe. A KD is simply vastly superior because it allows an opportunity to get away.

That's sadly the way it is. Sorc is great for stomping lowbies and unsupported pugs, but sadly not much else.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Sever1n

Post#16 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:41 pm

If u want to make perfect balace in clases sork not even near on top of the list of broken crap. Jokes like give me all mechanics because u add a new rr and i have like 20%dmg nerf ON SOME BUT NOT ALL GUYS, are bad. Hope devs never consider that kind of feedback. Sork doing its job and doing its well, u cant be zerorisk rdps capable of doing massive mass/solo dps and have bilion survive mechanics. Snare silence disarm root detaunt. U have a lot. Wanna steal bw cc? Okay them i wanna steal bork uwot on sm. Want to steal broken mass dps spec from melle sh to sw. Squigs wanna that juicy 100ft cc of sw. I repeat this post i a bad joke, about making sork an antochable abomination. And when we remember that we already have one on destro, no amount of vine will help u getting that. If devs have reason hit u with nerf better ask them what is their reason for that, and dont make this '' i wanna all'' crap.

Caduceus

Post#17 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Sever1n wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:41 pm

20%dmg nerf ON SOME BUT NOT ALL GUYS

It amounts to way more than a 20% damage nerf, since Sorc gets a massive critical damage bonus that is nerfed disproportionately through TB. Sorc skills are balanced around high crit chance/damage, which is why Sorc base damage on spells in some of the lowest. And that 12k burst you were babbling about; that's with all crits. In other words, TB decimates Sorc damage.

Further, FS has been a staple since forever, and TB is just vastly better and more reliable in a meta that is dominated by crit.

Sork doing its job and doing its well, u cant be zerorisk rdps capable of doing massive mass/solo dps and have bilion survive mechanics.

Except, it is not. It is one of the weakest classes in 6v6, and it in RvR it is completely overshadowed by melee classes like Choppa and Mara. Even BW is struggling in organized warband play, and BW has significantly better AoE than Sorc.

If you are going to argue otherwise, please share your builds and rotations to lend your arguments some credibility.

Snare silence disarm root detaunt. U have a lot.

Ok, lets compare.

Magus: snare (including a 60% snare), knockdown, detaunt, disarm, root, stagger, knockback.

SH: snare, disarm (4 secs), silence (4 secs), knockdown, detaunt, snare and selfpunt, sprint + run away tactic, leap

Shaman: punt + snare, 60% puddle snare, detaunt + aoe detaunt, run away tactic, silence (5 secs), AP drain, ailment cleanse

And I could of course do the exact same thing for the Order classes and it would make it painfully clear that Sorc does not "have a lot".

And what does Sorc have to show for this? The mythical "12k burst" that does not actually work on anything that is remotely organized.

Sever1n

Post#18 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:41 pm

Arguing with famous demagogues is a idiotism and waste of time. So i wont doing that. I stand my point so deal with it - sork need new skills like sh need stealth. And that patch obviosly not a reaso give them it. So self punts will be your dream until devs becone personal jennies for every player that vine about his class. Dont think its gonna happen.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#19 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:22 pm

Sever1n wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:41 pm

Arguing with famous demagogues is a idiotism and waste of time.

Oh, the irony.

Don't come back until you've taken a Sorc/BW beyond T1.

merfp27

Post#20 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm

I said it before in a post in the thread Aezron linked, but it went largely ignored. We (dedicated sorcs) need to get together and put some decent proposals forth to get some changes made to the class. Wargrimnir basically came in here and said just that.

The agony tree needs a complete rework IMO. If anyone with more knowledge or experience is open to or willing to try and work together on putting together a comprehensive balance proposal, then I’m willing to help out as much as I can.