Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Elf] Ideas for WE Carnage Spec

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fockewulf8

[Witch Elf] Ideas for WE Carnage Spec

Post#1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:13 pm

In the words of Hellebron, The Blood Queen: “Slash, Stab, Fight, Kill…”
I’m writing this suggestion in hopes that it provides constructive feedback on how to make the WE – Carnage spec, “A mastery path focused on toe-to-toe combat” in line with the lore of Warhammer Old World. In doing so my main goal is to help the WE become what they are in lore: frenzied, hard to hit, frontline melee fighters/brawlers. My aim is to compensate for the low armor of the WE with very high evasion of melee and physical ranged attacks and not needing stealth. Please give me your feedback as I would like to eventually post this in the Balance forum for the devs to consider. That being said, let’s begin:
Alpha 1.1 idea list

5: Ability. Elixir of Insane Power 25 AP – For the next 7 seconds all of your attacks will ignore 50% of the victim’s armor.

7: Tactic. Swift Blades – Increase your chance to parry attacks by 10%. Each time you parry an attack, you will regain 20 AP. This cannot occur more than once every 3 seconds.

9: Ability. Pierce Armor, 35 AP, Builds 1 Blood Lust – Deal 227 damage to your target and ignoring all of their armor. If the target suffers from an Ailment, then your weapon Skill will be increased by 75 for 20 seconds.

11: Tactic. Bleeding Edge – Your Armor Penetration is increased by 50% for 2 seconds after successful use of your Frenzies.

13: Ability. On Your Knees!, 35 AP, Frenzy – Requires Blood Lust, Cost 20% fewer action points per blood lust spent – Knock your target down for 3 seconds, does damage to your target and all enemies around them reducing their Morale by 125, your group gains 125 morale.

15. Morale. Rank 4. Path of Carnage – Deals 1600 damage over 5 seconds to all enemies within 30 feet.

Carnage Mastery Ideas:
3: Tactic. “Lust for Battle” – Anytime an attack you make is blocked or parried, you will gain one Blood Lust and auto attack is increased by 5% (this speed boost can stack up to 4 times maximum on the same target during the same ‘attack session’). This cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.

5: Ability. “Elixir of Khaine” 25 AP – For the next 8 seconds your Strength is increased by 5 for every second you have been in combat (to a maximum of 30 seconds, 5 x 30 = 150 max). After which your must take time to recover and experience a reduction in Strength by 30 for 4 seconds.

7: Tactic. “Swift Blades” –Your base auto attack speed is increased by 25%.

9: Ability. “Pierce Armor”, Requires 5 Blood Lust – Causes your auto attacks to bypass all parry and block while ignoring 75% of your target’s armor for 6 seconds (e.g. 3 full rounds of auto attacks). Causes your Parry and Dodge to decrease by 10% for the duration.

11. Tactic. “Battle Focused” – Increase your chance to parry and dodge attacks by 20%. Reduces base armor by 30%. Increases base movement speed by 15% and resistance to slows/snares by 12% (while on foot).

13. Ability. “You Are Mine!”, 35 AP, Frenzy - Requires 3-5 Blood Lust, Cost 15% fewer action points per blood lust spent. Knock your target down for 3 seconds and attempt to decapitate them doing one 100% armor penetration attack. Your intense focus in killing your target locks you in place for 1 second after performing the action.

15. Morale. Rank 4. “Pure Hate” – A vicious, hate filled strike, that does one 100% armor piercing damage to your target, stunning them for 1 sec, reducing their Morale by 100, and your group gains 100 Morale. 

II.
Core abilities:
“Kiss of Agony” – Anytime you damage an enemy there is a 25% chance that your target will take an extra 100 Corporeal damage. Causes them to have their initiative reduced by 50 for the next 10 seconds. Causes your Initiative to be increased for the same amount during this time.

“Slice” – Deal 227 damage to your target

“Vehement Blades” – Each time your target uses a melee ability, your target will take 125 Corporeal damage for each melee ability used over the next 15 seconds. Your abilities will cost 50% fewer Action Points for 10 seconds. Builds 2 blood lust.

“Sever Limb” – Deals 227 damage and disarms your target for 4 seconds, making them unable to use melee or ranged weapons.

“Ruthless Assault” – Repeatedly strikes your target up to 6 times over 3 seconds. Does more damage per Blood lust level.

Core ability Ideas:
“Kiss/Fury of Battle” - Anytime you damage an enemy there is a 50% chance that your target will have their Initiative reduced by 20 for the next 10 seconds. Causes your Initiative to be increased for the same amount during this time. Can stack 5 times only on the same target. You cannot have more than 100 stolen Initiative at one time (either from a single or multiple targets).

“Slice” – Deal 227 damage to your target UNCHANGED

“Vehement Blades”, 10 AP, 5 sec cooldown – Each time your target uses a melee or ranged ability, you have a 20% chance to reduce all ability cooldowns. Cannot be used while in stealth. Cannot be cast on the same target in the next 30 seconds unless that target dies.

“Sever Limb” – Deals 227 damage and disarms your target for 4 seconds, making them unable to use melee or ranged weapons. UNCHANGED

“Ruthless Assault”, Frenzy, 25 AP, 10 sec cooldown – Causes your auto attacks to do more damage for 4 seconds. Each single strike does more damage per Blood lust level.

Summary:
As stated, I’ve attempted to adjust this spec to auto attacks, speed, armor pen, and with fury with a “execute” type ability. I also attempted to show that this spec is focused on melee and ranged defense NOT magic defense. Magic AOE is still going to hurt bad, real bad, and especially magic damage. Please share your thoughts on how to make this better and fit the “front line” WE spec without having to get the absolute best gear in the game to try and force the issue (from what I've heard is needed to do it). I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

ADDITIONAL IDEAS posted:
"We mechanic points idea. 1 frenzy gives 5 % armour ignore up to 25 % and same time your armour drops by same amount. after using 5 frenzy finisher you get 5 % movement speed 1 % per frenzy and 25 % armour buff + 25% armour ignore for 4 seconds."
Last edited by Fockewulf8 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Rumpel

Re: Ideas for WE Carnage Spec

Post#2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:39 pm

I like the aspect of focusing aa. Tried oyk build today, with mark of morathi and permanent armorignor by bleeding edge thru using frenzies every third cd and its hell of fun cause it feels like a crazyblody knife pricker, without the need of positioning. It has so much synergies.

Dont know whats best but the playstyle feels real good. Like the focus on facing your enemy in front with quick attacks.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Fockewulf8

Re: Ideas for WE Carnage Spec

Post#3 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:12 pm

Rumpel wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:39 pm I like the aspect of focusing aa. Tried oyk build today, with mark of morathi and permanent armorignor by bleeding edge thru using frenzies every third cd and its hell of fun cause it feels like a crazyblody knife pricker, without the need of positioning. It has so much synergies.

Dont know whats best but the playstyle feels real good. Like the focus on facing your enemy in front with quick attacks.
Interesting. I will have to look into that build! Thank you :)
I was figuring with my ideas that a front line WE should focus more on fast flurries of AA with a few abilities but mostly buffs to AA to complete that feel of frenzy and rage. Thank you for your feedback!

soldude

Re: [Witch Elf] Ideas for WE Carnage Spec

Post#4 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:52 pm

11. Tactic. “Battle Focused” – Increase your chance to parry and dodge attacks by 20%. Reduces base armor by 30%. Increases base movement speed by 15% and resistance to slows/snares by 12% (while on foot).
yes we need movement speed, but that unbalance
and yes carnage need attack speed
Last edited by soldude on Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Krima

Post#5 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:54 pm

soldude wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:52 pm
yes we need movement speed, but that unbalance :shock:
Looks like aSW shadowstep
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

soldude

Post#6 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Krima wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:54 pm
yes we need movement speed, but that unbalance :shock:
Looks like aSW shadowstep
i dont have problem vs sw with that. if sw cast step i just used elixir of shadow and knock him.

Fockewulf8

Post#7 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:45 am

What would you say is unbalanced about it? Too much parry and dodge? Too much speed increase?

My goal was to make a fast, hard to hit, hard to escape, melee bruiser but when you get hit it hurts like hell (hence the 30% armor decrease). What about reducing the speed buff to 12 or 10% along with the root resist?

soldude

Post#8 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:40 am

Fockewulf8 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:45 am
What would you say is unbalanced about it? Too much parry and dodge? Too much speed increase?

My goal was to make a fast, hard to hit, hard to escape, melee bruiser but when you get hit it hurts like hell (hence the 30% armor decrease). What about reducing the speed buff to 12 or 10% along with the root resist?
yeah 20% chance its not wh skill with 100% but if that chance proc after 2-5 sec gain and again that unbalance.
have info about base movement speed we? or that spee one for all

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:51 am

We mechanic points idea. 1 frenzy gives 5 % armour ignore up to 25 % and same time your armour drops by same amount. after using 5 frenzy finisher you get 5 % movement speed 1 % per frenzy and 25 % armour buff + 25% armour ignore for 4 seconds.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Fockewulf8

Post#10 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:00 pm

-"yeah 20% chance its not wh skill with 100% but if that chance proc after 2-5 sec gain and again that unbalance.
have info about base movement speed we? or that spee one for all"

My thoughts were not to have it be a proc but persistent baseline increase. So baseline 20% increase to dodge and parry while reducing baseline armor by 30%. Same for speed increase would be baseline. Like how the Brute Force tactic increases Str by a flat 160. Do you think as a flat buff to those stats it would still be OP?

-"We mechanic points idea. 1 frenzy gives 5 % armour ignore up to 25 % and same time your armour drops by same amount. after using 5 frenzy finisher you get 5 % movement speed 1 % per frenzy and 25 % armour buff + 25% armour ignore for 4 seconds."

Interesting mechanic! I like it. It would provide that buff and debuff when using frenzy yet also give a little boost after using the finisher ability. I'll add it as an idea to the original post.