Recent Topics

Ads

DoK or Zealot?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
0zm

DoK or Zealot?

Post#1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:50 pm

Hey Bros,

I would like to come back to the game, but I can't decide which class I want to play.

I like playing solo, farming in PVE and a bit of PvP
I like Dok and Zealot.

What spec is viable for these class? Dok dps? Dok heal? Zealot dsp? Zealot heal?

And if you have things to say about these classes, tips or others, tell me.

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my bad english. Is not my first language.

0zm

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: DoK or Zealot?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:06 pm

SHIELD dok for pve farming is really good, i never tried zealot....

Zealot have the benefit that can use the same gear to heal and dps while dok need different gear to heal and dps.

Both are good healers.

Bloodmasked

Post#3 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:06 pm SHIELD dok for pve farming is really good, i never tried zealot....

Zealot have the benefit that can use the same gear to heal and dps while dok need different gear to heal and dps.

Both are good healers.
My Dps dok is much better for pve farming, particularly farming wyverns at black crag I find to be the most profitable (armor potion making). This really helps with buying expensive 2.7k health potions, 825 armor potions, and 30 minute stat liniments.

Yes you need different gear for melee and healer Dok.

I'm not sure zealot dps is really a thing. However I would say runepriest dps is useful for its AOE armor debuff, sadly zealot doesn't have that.

0zm

Post#4 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:56 pm

Thanks for your answers, after watching several videos i think i will play Dok.

So for farming pve, spec shield or dual sword?

AxelF

Post#5 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Bloodmasked wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 pm However I would say runepriest dps is useful for its AOE armor debuff, sadly zealot doesn't have that.
Not only does Zealot have it, it has a much better version that also debuffs corp resist as well as armour, and gets it 4 points lower in the tree to boot!

Bloodmasked

Post#6 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:06 pm

0zm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:56 pm Thanks for your answers, after watching several videos i think i will play Dok.

If you are doing dungeons, gunbad, bb/be or bastion stairs, then you should definitely do shield. It will mean that your team has an extra dps and also benefits from massive heals (shield dok is strongest healer in the game if they are left alone).

But for killing wyverns, dual swords because you can spam aoe way more.

Bloodmasked

Post#7 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:13 pm

AxelF wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:58 pm
Bloodmasked wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 pm However I would say runepriest dps is useful for its AOE armor debuff, sadly zealot doesn't have that.
Not only does Zealot have it, it has a much better version that also debuffs corp resist as well as armour, and gets it 4 points lower in the tree to boot!
Oh thats true. Weird it must of been some other ability that runepriest has that zealot doesn't I'm thinking of perhaps?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:15 pm

0zm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:56 pm Thanks for your answers, after watching several videos i think i will play Dok.

Shield have better sustain, for aoe dmg with shield you need to spec in sacrifice tree.

Ads
mekal

Post#9 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:58 am

just know that those videos are probably old if theyre about dps dok the class was nerfed so hard its no longer viable it used to be super niche but now there is 0 reason to take it over other classes

Bloodmasked

Post#10 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:07 am

mekal wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:58 am

just know that those videos are probably old if theyre about dps dok the class was nerfed so hard its no longer viable it used to be super niche but now there is 0 reason to take it over other classes
Not sure how old you are thinking but DPS DoK's nerf to devour essence doesn't totally break the spec. However it did lower the burst potential substantially so now shield is more appealing for sustain.

I am too new to know what DPS dok was like before they changed what abilities used AP and what abilities used resource. But my dps dok is pretty decent in solo roam regardless.