Recent Topics

Ads

DoK or Zealot?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mekal

Re: DoK or Zealot?

Post#11 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:58 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:07 am
mekal wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:58 am
0zm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:56 pm Thanks for your answers, after watching several videos i think i will play Dok.

So for farming pve, spec shield or dual sword?
just know that those videos are probably old if theyre about dps dok the class was nerfed so hard its no longer viable it used to be super niche but now there is 0 reason to take it over other classes
Not sure how old you are thinking but DPS DoK's nerf to devour essence doesn't totally break the spec. However it did lower the burst potential substantially so now shield is more appealing for sustain.

I am too new to know what DPS dok was like before they changed what abilities used AP and what abilities used resource. But my dps dok is pretty decent in solo roam regardless.
DE is laughable now hits for around 80-140 with 1k str consume essence has been gutted the resource change and increase ap cost for execute was a hard nerf to both sustain and burst not to mention dok is the easiest class in the game to kite even more so now that you have to burn all your SE to hopefully snare someone

Ads
0zm

Post#12 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 am

I just need a good class for farming PVE. I like zealot too. If i playing Zealot spec heal, i can farm in pve?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:48 am

0zm wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 am I just need a good class for farming PVE. I like zealot too. If i playing Zealot spec heal, i can farm in pve?
If you look for a class that can switch from heal to pve farm without a full change of spec/gear zealot probably is your best choice.

Jastojan

Post#14 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:57 am

If u need a class for farming pve, monstro mara is good option. Realy good fot it.
I have 70+ zealot, almost 70 dok and almost 70 mara too.
a) pve farming: I did not play dok a lot as DPS after "reworks/nerfs" at all. I did not try to farm pve as a dok. Zealot is the same - I did not farm pve as DPS zalot a lot, so I cant help you in that way.
Marauder: top class for pve farm - for me of course. You may disagree of course, but I realy love mara for pve farm :) Decent dmg, godd survivability as a monstro.
b) PvP /RvR: DPS Zealot is good on the paper only. Yes you can solo few classes but you need damn good eq and high RR (70+ or even 80+ RR) to have access to all tools you need to be succesful. Single target DPS Zealot is AP hungry when we talk about the amount of DPS you can get from your spells. I play mostly this single target hybrid build + harbringer of doom toggled on:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... =5714,5723
Renown points: full magic crit chance, rest in deffensives.
EQ: 3x vanq + 3x inv - to have wounds bonuses. full intel/willpower talismans and 2x2 genesis jewels due +37 bonus intel/willpower. I don not why but intel elixirs dont work on my zealot... even if I type .get stats there is nothing. I have 952 intel + 129 magic power (dont know if it is worth), 7k HP, 200 thoughness, 300 ini. I am squishy as hell, but this is why I have absorb tactic + absorb ritual.
I can do poor dmg, but I can help other DPSes with dmg and I can be a decent healer at same time. If I want to be pure healer I can toggle off the harbringer of doom. I realy love this mechanic. But dont expect you can handle all situations and dont expect you can deal good dmg. It is something like disco priest in WoW. Very important is positioning.
Aoe build, you need to be guarded and healed as other normal dps. I played aoe build maybe 2-3 times? You realy have to have guild which wanted exactly aoe DPS zealot + you should have your own permanent/stable party in WB which should know how to play with you.
DPS Dok... I do not play DOK as dps a lot. I tried it, but I switched to mara instead of DPS dok.
As healer - dok = best group healer (zealot is best single target healer).
Last edited by Jastojan on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

0zm

Post#15 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 am

Huhu, i m confused. I dont know now....

Can you give me a summary of the current class of strong and weak points? In Pve mostly. And a litle bit in PvP?

Thx a lot

AxelF

Post#16 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:19 am

Sounds like you want a DOK - they're God tier in group PvE - Gunbad, BB/BE etc, and are great at farming mats from PvE too. Plus without even trying you'll easily pick up gear that will allow you to switch to chalice healer and be in high demand for large scale PvP too.

0zm

Post#17 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:06 am

AxelF wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:19 am Sounds like you want a DOK - they're God tier in group PvE - Gunbad, BB/BE etc, and are great at farming mats from PvE too. Plus without even trying you'll easily pick up gear that will allow you to switch to chalice healer and be in high demand for large scale PvP too.

yes I have a little crush for the DOK. For farming PVE --> Double sword spec
and heal --> Chalice? Right?

Shield spec for what?

A big thank you for your answers anyway

AxelF

Post#18 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:19 pm

Shield spec is also for healing, but requires you to have a consistent target to hit, and also therefore to be much closer to the enemy than chalice healer. For that reason it's more suited to PvE dungeons, where your targets will be static and attacking the tank rather than you. I think a few people do play it in WB-scale PvP, but you really need a guard to stay alive, so it messes up group composition.

Ads