Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Elf] Dominator + Genesis of Undying is interesting

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Incertname

Re: [Witch Elf] Dominator + Genesis of Undying is interesting

Post#11 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:47 pm

Sofong wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:24 pm a bg with spammable heal debuff will be tankier and more useful and prolly deal more dmg than u.
Assuming they're better geared than Dominator, yeah, probably. You can't bring 3 Tanks to a Ranked match so that's a moot point.

Ads
Incertname

Post#12 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:19 pm

Just improve yourself, if you die throught guard, think about how you died and what ability/pot would be the play to stay alive, a simple mix vanq/oppress(or conq) is better than cuck all of ur damage for something that gonna penalize the whole group. Looking at your ss, order comp was clearly bad, des would have won even without you.

Just play carefully, don't use vanish in a offensive play unless you are confident about not dying.
Point 1: I disagree that the Ord comp was bad. They actually had a good setup, minus the Slayer who only did fluff dmg. if they had an aSW, a WL, or a WH (Which is what they had next game), they'd win.
Point 2: I've already done most of what you said, barring your gear setup, which leads me to
Point 3: Have you played WE with vanq/oppress? Have you seen anyone play vanq/oppress? Because I dare you to go play Ranked Solo with vanq/oppress setup, whichever gear setup you want, and tell me how it went. You get slightly more survivability for far less dmg and crit chance.
I dare you!
I double-dog dare you!

siglade

Post#13 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:53 am

Incertname wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:19 pm Point 1: I disagree that the Ord comp was bad. They actually had a good setup, minus the Slayer who only did fluff dmg. if they had an aSW, a WL, or a WH (Which is what they had next game), they'd win.
Point 2: I've already done most of what you said, barring your gear setup, which leads me to
Point 3: Have you played WE with vanq/oppress? Have you seen anyone play vanq/oppress? Because I dare you to go play Ranked Solo with vanq/oppress setup, whichever gear setup you want, and tell me how it went. You get slightly more survivability for far less dmg and crit chance.
I dare you!
I double-dog dare you!
Trading 5% crit for double bonus wound/str and -4% to be crit is good if you are having trouble staying alive in ranked solo. It's the best gear until sov? No, vanq/conq is more offensive, full vanq, mix vanq/conq/bl, onslaught(<3)/vanq.. A lot of possibilities but when you want to be more tanky clearly vanq/oppress is the best without dropping all ur damage like you did (70k, even with my green gear i do more than that :roll: ).

Why is bad to drop damage as DD ? it will allow other team to use their moral in a offensive way, tank won't hold their m4. It's even worse again a WH who play the cheese moral( :mrgreen: ), not enough damage to force a slayer to purge his rage. When you have a snb tank full toughness which do 0 damage it's already frustrating because of the difficulty of killing with the lack of com but now if even DD play full def :cry:
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Bloodmasked

Post#14 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 am

Incertname wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm I feel like I want to state my line of thinking on why this build, specifically for Ranked Solo:
>be me
>be me in full Vanq and genesis warrior
>get a Ranked Solo match
>gets killed despite having double guard, 2 healers, and using Debuff
>do **** for dmg anyway as everyone’s in Sov/Inv with +180 armor talis

So my thinking was I’d rather be the tankiest WE and use heal debuffs than always constantly dying. If the Enemy is always focusing me, then let them, lol. I actually went SS over OKY because it gives healing and Agonizing Wounds is more useful anyway.

I agree with you nonronn that this isn’t a “good” build for Ranked, and I’m not saying that EVERYONE should do it (although dominator Mara is actually pretty decent). I also want to reiterate that this is me experimenting, and it’s such a wack build that it worked.
the only high armor melee class for order would be assault shadow warrior i believe

i don't think anyone else has 180 armor talismans

and WE bypasses armor anyway

sighy

Post#15 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:14 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 am
Incertname wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm I feel like I want to state my line of thinking on why this build, specifically for Ranked Solo:
>be me
>be me in full Vanq and genesis warrior
>get a Ranked Solo match
>gets killed despite having double guard, 2 healers, and using Debuff
>do **** for dmg anyway as everyone’s in Sov/Inv with +180 armor talis

So my thinking was I’d rather be the tankiest WE and use heal debuffs than always constantly dying. If the Enemy is always focusing me, then let them, lol. I actually went SS over OKY because it gives healing and Agonizing Wounds is more useful anyway.

I agree with you nonronn that this isn’t a “good” build for Ranked, and I’m not saying that EVERYONE should do it (although dominator Mara is actually pretty decent). I also want to reiterate that this is me experimenting, and it’s such a wack build that it worked.
the only high armor melee class for order would be assault shadow warrior i believe

i don't think anyone else has 180 armor talismans

and WE bypasses armor anyway
If she spends 6 points into carnage and elixir cd or one ability with feigned positioning. (no player should be dumb enough to turn his back to a WE)

Caduceus

Post#16 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:12 am

My experience with these sort of things;

If you find something you like and it works for you: stick with it and don't listen to the forum critics.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Arbich
Suspended

Post#17 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:50 am

mhm... the dmg seems a bit low. You probably only won the scenario, cause you had a melee heal dok and both tanks also did decent dmg.
Best follow krimas advice. Especially Kiss of Doom looks like a waste with 10k total healing (it should count for your healing, not?).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM