Recent Topics

Ads

[WE] Feedback on new TA "pounce"

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anarchypark

Re: [WE] Feedback on new TA "pounce"

Post#11 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:41 pm

dirnsterer wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:16 pm
anarchypark wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:12 pm Have you tried Elixir + pounce in wb scale ? to reach backline.
I have even more effective combo for this. You use Elixir + press W and use mouse a little, you are at their backline.

so you haven't. maybe you need to find right situation first. not that you have to use it always.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
dirnsterer

Post#12 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Exactly, it was by far one of the two worst openers you could ever use. It was in a dumpster, and still in dumpster it belongs.

sighy

Post#13 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:57 pm

That's kind of the thing i only really see it being used to bypass collision be it terrain or else. It feels extremely situational, but has some extraordinarly nishe uses, in current iteration.

I do not envy the Devs, because Mythic's version of WE is a massive departure from (some would say runs entirely counter to) the lore/tabletop, where they're more of a DoK+Choppa+drug induced rampaging than anything resembing a stealthy rogue. So there is a choice to honor what Mythic did or the actual fantasy it carries the name of, as each step toward either is a departure from the other.

Rumpel

Post#14 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:51 pm

Krima wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:13 pm I dont see any use for it.. for me its actually a nerf.

Pros:
- None

Cons:
-Linked to stealth
- Slow
- Im forced to pounce even when not needed. When In meeele range im forced to pounce, losing flankdmg here.. and giving my target time to react. Its rly bad.
- Linked to treacherous assault :?:

Some trolls saying it makes the WE a better class ? oh pls.. :lol: I dare anyone to link videos making good use of the Pounce!!! Its just not possible.

POUNCE = https://www.twitch.tv/zarbix/clip/Lucky ... eOMGScoots
Thats so stupid. An allready crappy spell got an upgrade...which offers new possibilities and the only thing here is complaining about it because why exactly? Witch Hunter got an better one? If you think so... I like pounce more and saying this "troll" stuff above just ignorant.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

soldude

Post#15 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 pm

better give me armor pen like wh and take that pounce wh. lel
she is usseles. Slow animation, nothing hapful for me.
Better thak shadowstep like Sw

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 pm

Honestly, it feels like they were desperate to give WE literally anything to warrant the big armor debuff WH got and *this* was what they randomly came up with...

EDIT: And to be fair, "lore-wise" it fits the WE to leap into battle like this but in practical terms it is just godawful. Give WE a pounce NOT tied to stealth and you'll truly get to see them be the acrobats of death they're meant to be, hehehe...

teiloh

Post#17 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 am

Oglaf wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 pm Honestly, it feels like they were desperate to give WE literally anything to warrant the big armor debuff WH got and *this* was what they randomly came up with...

EDIT: And to be fair, "lore-wise" it fits the WE to leap into battle like this but in practical terms it is just godawful. Give WE a pounce NOT tied to stealth and you'll truly get to see them be the acrobats of death they're meant to be, hehehe...
There's a problem with giving buffs just because it's "lore friendly"

In that case, Archmages should be able to rip the world in half by waving their hands.

Witch Elves aren't in need of any buffs that Witch Hunters aren't also in need of.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:16 am

teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 am Witch Elves aren't in need of any buffs that Witch Hunters aren't also in need of.
So how about that bombastic armor debuff - can WE have it too?

Ads
teiloh

Post#19 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 am

Oglaf wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:16 am
teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 am Witch Elves aren't in need of any buffs that Witch Hunters aren't also in need of.
Why would WE get a buff just because WH get a buff? The WH needs it far more. If anything, the ranged finishers should be de-mirrored from WE, but have the ICD on Kisses removed again so it they can double proc.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#20 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:20 am

teiloh wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 am
Oglaf wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:16 am
Why would WE get a buff just because WH get a buff? The WH needs it far more. If anything, the ranged finishers should be de-mirrored from WE, but have the ICD on Kisses removed again so it they can double proc.
Hahaha. "Equality for me, but not for thee."