Recent Topics

Ads

BIS 2h BG

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fai

BIS 2h BG

Post#1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:51 pm

what is the common sense for BIS as a 2h BG?

juwelry should be pretty obvious (2x genesis, 1x sentinal 1x sov off).
weapon is depending on situation. either fortress for sc or small scale roaming or the weapon of bb / be with the defensive procc for inceased parry, dodge and disrupt chance in city or more zergy scs).
i think 5 sov off is an obvious choice for the bonus the set gives (although is dislike the bonus on the items itself, e.g. too much +morale).
i personally strongly tend to use 3 piece oppressor instead of WL for the following reasons.
1) boots and belt have +2% crit chance
2) gloves have reduced chance to be parried
3) set bonus of oppressor gives + wounds

with WL set i just feel more squishy for the trade off of higher WS and slightly higer STR.
what are your thoughts?
if you "insist" on sov off and WL i would like to know how you distribute the pieces (and maybe why).

thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!

Ads
TreefAM

Re: BIS 2h BG

Post#2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Use warlord cloak/boots for their extra parry and chest since it has better stats than the sov chestpiece.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:13 pm

7pc warlord, 2pc sent, 2pc genesis, avoidance proc 2h.
Dying is no option.

Fai

Post#4 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:07 pm

7 pc warlord? that will leave u with how much hp? 7,5k? thats really very squishy and will kill u quite fast (assuming u will also take damage from guard). at best i could imagine 5 WL 3 sov off, but then u miss the 15% crit damage and 6% crit chance...
all the bonuses on the sov off are just horribly bad. i mean two have +morale and two have +ap...thats really disappointing!
at the moment i run 3pc bloodlord, 3 pc oppressor and 3pc beastlord mix with 9.1k hp.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Fai wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:07 pm 7 pc warlord? that will leave u with how much hp? 7,5k? thats really very squishy and will kill u quite fast (assuming u will also take damage from guard). at best i could imagine 5 WL 3 sov off, but then u miss the 15% crit damage and 6% crit chance...
all the bonuses on the sov off are just horribly bad. i mean two have +morale and two have +ap...thats really disappointing!
at the moment i run 3pc bloodlord, 3 pc oppressor and 3pc beastlord mix with 9.1k hp.
9,4k HP.
Detaunt proc is strong on a 2h class, as it helps you surviving groups focusing you and crit dmg stat isn't adding a lot dmg over normal crits. Obviously 5pc sov has overall more dmg but it is more squishy.
Dying is no option.

Sofong

Post#6 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:54 am

im using 4 off sov 4 inv stats wise, feels solid tanky with reasonable dmg.

Wintersun666

Post#7 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 pm

Just got back into the game,i was running 2h Bg with a mix of Vanq/Inv last year,

What would be my gearing priority atm ? Warlord or Sov ?

DiMakss

Post#8 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:49 pm

2% crit change, no one other bg can overdps me for half year, since i finished gearing. Crit% is overrated, and just garbage for it cost (for phys damage tank). So, no 5sov, better mix sets.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#9 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:20 pm

I plan on getting this;

Warlord Great Cloak-24
Warlord Hauberk-57
Warlord Greaves-31

Sovereign Grimbraces of the Dark Champion-38
Sovereign Seal of the Dark Champion-75
Sovereign Pauldrons of the Dark Champion-59
Sovereign Bindings of the Dark Champion-26
Sovereign Dreadhelm of the Dark Champion-65

what do I need to get on top of this to get bis ? or do I need to switch some of them ? Whats my last 2 jewel after putting Sentinel there ? Any insight is appreciated
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Wintersun666

Post#10 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:36 am

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:20 pm

what do I need to get on top of this to get bis ? or do I need to switch some of them ? Whats my last 2 jewel after putting Sentinel there ? Any insight is appreciated
I guess 2 genesis warrior,most BG run like that.

Not sure about talis tho...STR or WND/TOUG ?