Recent Topics

Ads

BG Tank-Why the hate?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vizio

BG Tank-Why the hate?

Post#1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:55 pm

I have a BG tank and I have not even made it out of T1 yet and already getting bombarded with "you will not get into any guild, you will not get invited to WB's, you will not get invited into city WB's and ect...." So why the hate for BG tanks? Are they that bad?

Ads
paperclipdog

Re: BG Tank-Why the hate?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Uh honestly idk who you're talking to but you will do just fine. Tanks are in high demand most of the time, especially well played ones. Maybe this is different if you're trying to get into the turbo-tryhard groups but most ppl aren't interested in that.

The only thing I see people complain about is that BG is harder to play than BO and Chosen.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:45 pm

While they are exaggerating greatly, BG does lack the wider group support of Chosen/BO that makes them less desirable for oRvR play. Not undesirable, just a bit less so. Tanks are still tanks.
Last edited by Oglaf on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapzel

Post#4 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Are you playing DPS tank? Not that it matters in T1 but salty people will be salty.
BG is probably the best small scale tank, not great for city but you can do with 1-2 in a WB. Good for forts with SnB, outside of that SnB is lackluster.

lyncher12

Post#5 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 pm

hate is very important for your abilities

agemennon675

Post#6 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 pm

I play one myself but unfortunately BG doesnt offer anything to the group/warband as SnB and only maybe 1 is enough as 2h to warband, now if you are not in like Bis gear or rr80 as 2h BG you will pretty much melt in large scale fights. You can only get spots as a BG in a warband if they cannot find a BO or Chosen because both these careers have group wide buffs and large scale debuffs
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Rumpel

Post#7 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:32 pm

I love the singletarget buffs bg offers. It's the guard I prefer the most as dd.

Chosen is just kinda over the top. I think the initial idea wasn't running with three auras.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Charon

Post#8 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:20 pm

give me pls BG at order and i will switch immediately
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#9 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 am

Rumpel wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:32 pm I love the singletarget buffs bg offers. It's the guard I prefer the most as dd.

Chosen is just kinda over the top. I think the initial idea wasn't running with three auras.
Live chosen had to toggle their auras, as they had (I think) 15s time limits on the buff. So none of this 'set aura, go dps' stuff, they had to keep refreshing their mechanic so 'lost' GCDs as it were.

OP: BG tanks are great, I love mine! And they can help outside of their party better than chosen (not sure on BO, never got far with them) via Dark Protector. Hint: DP is not on the GCD and so you can throw Shield of Rage or Force of Fury on some rando - and it has great range. Or just get Hate from it. Go snb, you won't regret it.
Last edited by phononHYPE on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

salaino

Post#10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:34 am

Pretty sure their auras were off the GCD on live.