Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorcerer] questions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Seravajan

[Sorcerer] questions

Post#1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:06 pm

I have some sorc questions:

1. Which equipment to get at L36/RR37? Currently have duelist (L29 gear) equipped and merc looks not much better for the emblems the set needs.

2. Where to put the spec points? Currently I specced 15+3 in path of agony (15) to get all spells (the +3) in that path. Rest is going into path of destruction but it feels like being wasted there.

Ads
DirkDaring

Re: [Sorcerer] questions

Post#2 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:13 pm

I played a sorc on live to 90 and a bw to 97 , here i have an 81 bw, and a 36 sorc i haven't played in over 4 years since order was always losing back then.

As far as gear you dont really need much from sc at your lvl, except the staffs, and maybe 2 piece of sc armor for intel bonus, RvR sets are fine you can go full set or mix and match sets for difft set bonus.
later on you can start doing gunbad, etc to get sentinel ring and staff from Bastion stairs,

As far as spec if you are mostly doing SC , a Agony/Calamity spec is good to assist single targets down , echo isnt as good now due to CD but still ok , you can swap frozen fury with infernal gift , shades of death looks ok but unless they have changed it , no one ever speced it on live due to not able to crit .

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5418,5420

Another spec using Agony/Dest mastery is this one , i added echo in it but its not as good as before due to it having a Cooldown now, rapping the dark can be taken, swell is great but you need a deciated healer,

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5427,5388

Good Luck with Sorc .

sgtnanners

Re: [Sorcerer] questions

Post#3 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:35 am

Duelist is fine to wear until conq. Conq will last you a while (i wore it until I had 5 piece invader). Onslaught is also a good set to farm for sorcs as it is comparable bis to sov but finding a chapter 22 warband might be difficult. As dirk said sentinel gear is also good to farm and you are going to need the jewel eventually as its bis for almost every class.

This is ST build I would run. I prefer chilling gusts to swell of gloom just for cheesy aoe from ice spikes. There is no real required spells outside of impending doom/hand of ruin/vision of domination so feel free to go for swell of gloom/shades of death/absorb vitality as long as you grab the "required talents" aswell.

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

For fort/city you would want a more aoe focused spec like this one. If you start joining organized groups they will probably expect you to run tapping the dark in path of agony but at your current rank/rr id run something like this.

RoR.builders - Sorcerer
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker