[BG] Looking for BG assistance

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Drunkstains

[BG] Looking for BG assistance

Post#1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:22 am

Hey all,

Just returning to the game. I levelled a BG a while back and interested in playing it. However, as someone returning to the game after a long time out of it Im a tid bit overwhelmed with all the buttons the BG has. Im looking for just basic tips for the BG, I understand its a complex class and lots to master etc. Heres how I typically open my fights:

Enraged Beating > Str Buff > Tough Buff > Muderous Wrath

Usually by this time I have 100 rage. I then drop my armor debuff > Pitiless strike > Furious Howl > Crimson Death > Taunt > EB

This is my typical rotation Ive been using. Ill throw in shield of rage if im getting hit, use punts/snares, guard challenge all that.

Ill try to use taunt or crushing anger when I see healers casting for rupts.

I dont seem to hold up very well in duels or do much damage. Im assuming its because im only RR54 and have low gear. I just want to make sure my basic idea on the BG here seems to be the right moves. Id love any recommendations on how to improve there. I know t heres certain situations that call for other moves, so please feel free to include them if you think it will help. I just want a better grasp on the class.

Currently I am using 3 piece conq / 3 piece BL / 3 piece dominator. I have the epic quest weapon with 2 genesis jewelry pieces. Unbuffed I have 612 str / 330 tough/ 406 weapon skill /867 wounds.

The build im using currently:
RoR.builders - Black Guard

For renown Im using:
Max Parry
FS3
And getting dodge/disrupt
Anything I should change here?

Any tips would be appreciate, such as what gear to aim for/stats. Im having fun on my return I just want to imrpove on this character. I dont really play for cities/warband stuff. I just like to small scale roam. Thanks all for any future tips you want to drop!

Ads
agemennon675

Re: [BG] Looking for BG assistance

Post#2 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 am

You are already doing everything, nothing much to add here
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ysaran

Post#3 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:34 pm

Drunkstains wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:22 am Hey all,

Just returning to the game. I levelled a BG a while back and interested in playing it. However, as someone returning to the game after a long time out of it Im a tid bit overwhelmed with all the buttons the BG has. Im looking for just basic tips for the BG, I understand its a complex class and lots to master etc. Heres how I typically open my fights:

Enraged Beating > Str Buff > Tough Buff > Muderous Wrath

Usually by this time I have 100 rage. I then drop my armor debuff > Pitiless strike > Furious Howl > Crimson Death > Taunt > EB

This is my typical rotation Ive been using. Ill throw in shield of rage if im getting hit, use punts/snares, guard challenge all that.

Ill try to use taunt or crushing anger when I see healers casting for rupts.

I dont seem to hold up very well in duels or do much damage. Im assuming its because im only RR54 and have low gear. I just want to make sure my basic idea on the BG here seems to be the right moves. Id love any recommendations on how to improve there. I know t heres certain situations that call for other moves, so please feel free to include them if you think it will help. I just want a better grasp on the class.

Currently I am using 3 piece conq / 3 piece BL / 3 piece dominator. I have the epic quest weapon with 2 genesis jewelry pieces. Unbuffed I have 612 str / 330 tough/ 406 weapon skill /867 wounds.

The build im using currently:
RoR.builders - Black Guard

For renown Im using:
Max Parry
FS3
And getting dodge/disrupt
Anything I should change here?

Any tips would be appreciate, such as what gear to aim for/stats. Im having fun on my return I just want to imrpove on this character. I dont really play for cities/warband stuff. I just like to small scale roam. Thanks all for any future tips you want to drop!
You mean the epic quest weaps that gives parry/dodged/disrupt on proc? Where did you get it? I can't remember which epic quest was and I don't want to do all of them
Zputadenti

priestxes

Post#4 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:27 pm

I believe it's the chaos t4 epic quest.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:34 pm
You mean the epic quest weaps that gives parry/dodged/disrupt on proc? Where did you get it? I can't remember which epic quest was and I don't want to do all of them
When your char is ready for city dungeons, get the updated version from there.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#6 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:29 pm
I'm only 34 atm. city dungeon waep is what i'm aiming for. in the meanwhile i was trying to figure out what was the right epic weap. i'll try choas one, hopin' is the one that increase the avoidences
Zputadenti

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:43 pm
I'm only 34 atm. city dungeon waep is what i'm aiming for. in the meanwhile i was trying to figure out what was the right epic weap. i'll try choas one, hopin' is the one that increase the avoidences
You can use the WIKI and copy the quest links to the game and see the reward.

Tbh, I would stay away from 2h unless you play midtier sc. In T4 your defenses will be too low.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#8 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Tbh, I would stay away from 2h unless you play midtier sc. In T4 your defenses will be too low.
You can no longer preview the weap using wiki's link
Zputadenti

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:29 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:08 pm

You can no longer preview the weap using wiki's link
True, someone messed up there. They show only 1 reward for a totally different class.

You have to make the chaos questline, as I picked the shield for appearance reasons instead if the spear, which would be the avoidance one and I have both other spears from orc and elf.
Dying is no option.