Recent Topics

Ads

DoK dual wield - what kind of gear can I get away with

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vandoles

DoK dual wield - what kind of gear can I get away with

Post#1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:49 am

Hi, I've recently rolled a DoK and want to go for some dual wield dps, but I was told dps DoK is HIGHLY gear dependent.

Everyone says I need to get PvE sets or Sov gear to do almost anything, but my issue is I can rarely play for sustained sessions longer than half an hour-ish (which is also why I kinda like the idea of a dok, seems like a strong class for scenario). The question I'm wondering is what kind of gear can I get away with to do damage and go toe to toe with fairly geared people? Would I be able to do basically anything with conqueror emblem gear? Would opressor emblem gear be enough? Will I hit for nothing and die super fast with mercenary gear until I can get either of those? Any sort of breakdown is helpful before I sink months into this class and find out I wasted my time :P

Ads
anarchypark

Re: DoK dual wield - what kind of gear can I get away with

Post#2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:21 pm

gearing is straight forward SC set.
merc-domi-opp. mix between them for str until full set for crit.
PvE set you might farm as pure healer for BS set.
before city implemented, BS cloak set+ sentinel 2 piece with jewel was BiS.
not sure you have time for this now.
city farm might cost similar time? idk.

everything is highly gear dependent.
and every dps need guard and heal to perform full potential.

soloing means how close you reach that peak without guard/heal.
dps heals have little advantage in there by heal. that's all.
so don't expect much being solo king. if you're lucky you would find healess pug or leech premade.

solo are mostly these guys good at searching opportunities.
scavengers ;)
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Vandoles

Post#3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, I understand the gearing process, I was more interested in how a dps dok performs at each gear tier :)

VindicoAtrum

Post#4 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Vandoles wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:23 pm Thanks for the reply, I understand the gearing process, I was more interested in how a dps dok performs at each gear tier :)
The elitists will tell you dw dps dok is **** and you might as well delete except if you have everything BiS and you're literally god with four hands you'll be ok. Offspecs are literal disease according to most people :lol:

Everyone else can tell you it's a very fun class to play, very good at solo/small group, great in scens, fun in rvr (don't zerg, camp routes between wc -> keeps, BOs etc). I've played dw dok through to cr32 currently and it's been great fun, and very effective in scenarios. BW, slayer, engi are all mince meat if I find them, and I can backup heal/res which is what wins scenarios.