Recent Topics

Ads

SE/RF based dps dok/wp spec.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

SE/RF based dps dok/wp spec.

Post#1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:59 pm

Posting the spec which I'm testing a time, considering changes in last two patches. Testing it on dok, but it can be applied with some adjustments to wp as well.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4978,4975

With chalice, and full toughness spec, +full FS. Armor is mix for str/toughness/ init- using 3 alt sov/2 domi/3 sent/2 undying genesis a time. 790 toughness/558 str without self buff/ 57 melee power/ 273 init/ 7.6 k hp with current mix.

The spec is for roaming in rvr, not for max dmg in premade. The advantages:

1. With Fueled Actions tactic in, and with chalice, with this spec dok got a high SE regen. The idea behind the spec, with the last patches changes, is to make SE the main dmg resource, instead of AP. All main attack abilities- Fist of Khaine, Consume Essence, Rend Soul- use SE, AP is only used for debuffs. The advantage is, kiting ams can't drain SE, which makes a major difference in roaming. Also, all do spirit dmg, so ws isn't needed as much.
2. Ranged dmg- this spec uses max procs for dmg, all of those proc off Fist, making dok a decent rDPS (still not sorc of cause).
3. Sustain- no self % heal debuff tactics are used, and with this spec dok got 2 hots+self absorb. Combined with high SE regen and high mitigation, as well as being able to spam Consume Essence/Rend Soul cause of high SE regen, with this spec dok got a high sustain. Also, when getting low on hp, dok can detaunt and heal to full, then get back to attacking.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Zxul

Re: SE/RF based dps dok/wp spec.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:44 pm

To update this, testing this last few days, this spec does seems to work nicely. While you don't have as high dmg as a full glass cannon dw dok, you do have a very decent dmg, and using SE as main dmg resource you have a good resource management, allowing you to keep the dmg pressure, which is what gets you kills on dok.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Mortorin

Post#3 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:04 pm

How critical would you say the chalice/tome is fir this build? Like could you pull it off with a shield or dw/2-hander?

Zxul

Post#4 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:35 pm

Mortorin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:04 pm How critical would you say the chalice/tome is fir this build? Like could you pull it off with a shield or dw/2-hander?
Chalice/book is 12 SE/RF regen per GCD, while Fueled Action/Fury is up to 17.5 SE/RF regen per GCD. So without chalice 40%+ of your passive SE/RF regen is gone, meaning:

1. You have to use more physical dmg abilities to compensate. For dw/2h, it means less lifetaps so less sustain, snb got Transfer Essence/ Sigmar's Radiance to heal with. +you need more ws to do dmg.
2. Bigger problem is vs kiters- with chalice/book you got plenty of SE/RF to spam Fist/Judgement + hot/heal yourself. With dw/2h you will need to use Fell Sucrifice/Soulfire on the run for SE/RF regen, losing GCDs. With snb you got even bigger problem- you got low SE/RF regen, and without targets in melee range you got nothing to heal off, while with low will and DF slotted your base heals won't heal for all that much.

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:49 am

I think judgement/fist of khaine needs to be ap instead of SE/RF and give at least 5 SE/RF on hit. Also making divine strike/consume essence SE/RF instead of ap is not good change when shield cant use soulfire/fell sacrifice and dw/2h cant use transfer essence/Sigmars radiance, there needs to be some kind of middle ground here. If keeping DS/CE like it is now ( Revert this pls) shield spec should be able to use SF/FS and 2H/DW should be able to use TE/SR in some form. I also thinkg soulfire/fs should do ae direct dmg 5 sec cooldown and after that 10 second spirit dmg dot for both classes. If keeping everything like it is now at least smite/essence lash should always give 35 rf/se even if not hitting enemy.

Steal life as morale is not good and should be made core skills for both classes 30 seconds cooldown and make dmg ticks 200 and heal 300. remove dok's grp cleanse morale and wp's divine replenishment and give Life's end morale to both classes 7 seconds duration and it would heal you as well.

Divine amazement and Chant of pain should be like Martyr's blessing skill 30 feet aoe dmg 3 sec channeled skill (cant move while casting) and the dmg would heal closest ally to the one being damaged. No one specs for these morale 4 and these should replace drowning in blood/Sigmars wrath. At this point just remove dok's heal debuff tactic. Add 50% heal debuff to sanguinary extension 10 sec cooldown, make the dot in this skill also 10 secnds and make wp's healdebuff same. Guilty soul for both classes and can crit with anything not just wrath/cele ability to keep it up but it would add 20%dmg to only wrath/cele skills and 20% AA dmg as well for warrior priest. ALso guilty soul should heal as well=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

nuadarstark

Post#6 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:02 am

This sounds interesting Zxul. I always wanted to make use of the damn STR based books on my WP.

How would you go around building something similar on WP? I think that the differences between the mirror kinda show in this kind of a build, as we don't have Imbuement or Potent Covenants tactics, plus good amount of abilities are different.

Anyway, I'm gonna explore this for sure.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:08 am

RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Nuadasrstark here is fast example what kind of build for book dps wp. Guilty soul + soulfire is nice and i would go for emperors ward instead of divine light. Exalted defenses could also be interesting to use in this kind of build.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Zxul

Post#8 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:59 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:49 am I think judgement/fist of khaine needs to be ap instead of SE/RF and give at least 5 SE/RF on hit. Also making divine strike/consume essence SE/RF instead of ap is not good change when shield cant use soulfire/fell sacrifice and dw/2h cant use transfer essence/Sigmars radiance, there needs to be some kind of middle ground here. If keeping DS/CE like it is now ( Revert this pls) shield spec should be able to use SF/FS and 2H/DW should be able to use TE/SR in some form.
Well depends. As it now, snb offers highest melee heals+high resource sustain in melee range cause of 2 resource pools for melee heals, in exchange for highest vulnerability to kiting. Dw/snb offers highest dmg, while lower heals, and with Fell Sacrifice/Soulfire average vulnerability to kiting. This spec offers highest antikiting abilities + resource management/sustain while roaming, in exhange for lower dmg than dw/2h and lower melee heals than snb. So it is a matter of choice, each option gives you specific advantages and disadvantages.
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:49 amSteal life as morale is not good and should be made core skills for both classes 30 seconds cooldown and make dmg ticks 200 and heal 300.
Depends, if you have enough sustain to give up on Divine Favor, it is a decent dmg morale, and 100 ft range does allows you to finish targets which would get away otherwise. Actually on my dok its my most used morale.
nuadarstark wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:02 am This sounds interesting Zxul. I always wanted to make use of the damn STR based books on my WP.

How would you go around building something similar on WP? I think that the differences between the mirror kinda show in this kind of a build, as we don't have Imbuement or Potent Covenants tactics, plus good amount of abilities are different.

Anyway, I'm gonna explore this for sure.
Think I would go for this build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5890,4155

Less proc dmg than dok, but with Emperor's Ward+aoe detaunt wp will have higher sustain, especially for 1v several. Also unlike dok, which has heal debuff locked to having high crit chance, +has to spend a tactic slot for it, wp can have heal debuff in this spec without additional costs (from other hand, in dw high crit spec dok's heal debuff will have higher uptime that 2h wp's).

Specifically about Guilty Soul- I wouldn't use it in this spec, since all wp's main dmg abilities in it are not Wrath- Wrath is used for proc dmg+heal debuff.

Ads