Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Trying to figure out a good Anguish 2h build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aezron

[BG] Trying to figure out a good Anguish 2h build

Post#1 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Hello!
So my BG is soon r40, my aim is to use a 2h and be menacing offensively while still being quite durable (I know there's a trade-off, of course).
I plan to use a Malice/Loathing build as follows:
rr40:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 13,911,920
rr60:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 13,920,911

With renown points into Parry/Crit Reduction to 0%/Strength (in that order, each maxed before any point in the other)
This would use an offensive armor set, or combination of armor with +str/+wounds bonuses on them and +str talismans.
Any feedback on this would be great!

The above would be my "anti-melee" spec, my next goal was to try to build a good "anti-magic" build using the Anguish tree.
Here I need some help though, do any of you BG:s have a good build using the Anguish tree, and how would you build your character around that (renown points, tactics etc.).
Preferrably this build would also be menacing from a damage perspective and using 2h, and not just a utility spec (like s/b max tanking and heal debuff, punting, etc.).
Any help with this would be awesome!

Ads
TreefAM

Re: [BG] Trying to figure out a good Anguish 2h build

Post#2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:09 pm

So basically getting into the anguish tree as a 2h is a bit tricky, since you will still need all the toys from the malice tree you have in your rr 60 build but also you desperately need Enraged beating, so your regular build should look like this at
rr40
RoR.builders - Black Guard
rr70

The "BG is a mage killer" nonsense is cute and all with the detaunt and the heal debuff and all other nonsense, but unless you are running some solo build that is useless for wider use, it's not gonna happen, this is the usual scenario build only at rr70

You could also switch out the heal debuff for the anti detaunt tactic since your healdebuff is a outgoing one and you should already have dps that can do the same, but honestly the anti detaunt doesn't really matter since it only boosts your dmg, while the healdebuff helps your team drop targets as well.
The thing is, this build is only possible in controlled smallscale rvr (scenarios) since you will suffer a LOT without the 30% parry in anything larger, in orvr you won't be able to guard anyone, and in cities it's pretty much the same, your group will struggle even if you are perfect at positioning.
Or you can try this one at rr 70 but its even squishier than the "usual" scenario builds since you lack Elite training

Also I see you have been passing on Enraged beating, this is a MUST for 2h blackguards since this is how you keep your hatred constantly high, and unless you use it you will fall off with your pressure and find it much harder to regulate your class resource.
Honestly the only way to use Soul Killer in a warband setting is to go snb and with this build
You can either use this, or replace the parry tactic with the toughness tactic, you won't do any dmg, but you can run around and keep tagging healers while chasing the MSH you were assigned to guarding.

TreefAM

Post#3 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Also forgot to add, here's the mongo solo build if you want to have some fun and have super long fights. Had some proper 10+ min fights with some proper IBs of the server across the zone and they ended with us just parting ways.
If you have sov or warlord 6piece you can pick up anti detaunt tactic and either soul killer or the toughness tactic.
But I don't recommend bringing this anywhere since it is super useless in group play, like extremely useless.

Aezron

Post#4 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 am

Thanks for the elaborate response! Very helpful!