Recent Topics

Ads

WE 70+ vanq+ winnable fights?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
desizt

Re: WE 70+ vanq+ winnable fights?

Post#41 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:29 am

MoM build should win most of these fights because of SS-healing combined with potions and the sheer dps advantage.

Vanq gear is an underdog now that everyone has pretty much full sov or at least invader :P

If you want to play WE as a 1v1 fighter or 1vX roamer, just run regen build. Otherwise stick to ganking engis/bws and afkers in keeps. Vanq is too squishy for any decent fights. Hell, even 5 sov is not enough to have decent 1vX fights, you're still just glass. Good dps won't matter much if you die in 1 CC
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
Sofong

Post#42 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:52 am

in fact, what build to use as a 30ish baby witch?

Zxul

Post#43 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:19 am

desizt wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:29 am MoM build should win most of these fights because of SS-healing combined with potions and the sheer dps advantage.

Vanq gear is an underdog now that everyone has pretty much full sov or at least invader :P

If you want to play WE as a 1v1 fighter or 1vX roamer, just run regen build. Otherwise stick to ganking engis/bws and afkers in keeps. Vanq is too squishy for any decent fights. Hell, even 5 sov is not enough to have decent 1vX fights, you're still just glass. Good dps won't matter much if you die in 1 CC
What would you consider bis regen/mitigation build a time?

3+ alt sov seems to be good, and for renown personally I prefer FS4 over renown regen. Absorb tactic without FS isn't even close to keeping up with crit dmg, and the more FS you have the less useful absorb tactic becomes.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

desizt

Post#44 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Renown regen is crap. and FS 4 is also crap. At that point just run Septic Blade or whatever crit reduction, too many points for FS 40+.

I was talking about the pure regen build, with hp40 jewelry, hp20 sentry weapons, hp80 warlord chest or hp60 merc corset with 5pc dominator.

You have sac rewarded that procs on crit, so FS3 is more than enough.
Don't take renown regen.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#45 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:44 pm

desizt wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:29 am MoM build should win most of these fights because of SS-healing combined with potions and the sheer dps advantage.

This pretty much sums up the state of witch elfs. Out of all the classes it is by far the least welcome in any wb / small scale 6 man groups as it is inferior to any other mdps. Therefor the payoff should be that at least it is a good dueler 1v1, yet that is also not true as many other classes are better suited, especially loltanks. Now, even in full sove things don't appear to change, the class has become a meme for anyone post vanquisher and the only great thing it is good at is avoid zergs due to stealth, which btw is also broken AF now since ppl can see you from 20 feet away thanks to the new amount of gear that has provided stupid amounts of initiative.

The state of both we and wh is laughable compared to any other mdps, extremely squishy, laugheable sustained dps and barely mentionable burst.

Not sure why they turned this class into a far shadow of what it used to be, maybe they just kept on buffing/tweaking everything else and forgot bout the assassins as they don't matter in the large scale of WB's .

mickeye

Post#46 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:29 am

Sofong wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:52 am in fact, what build to use as a 30ish baby witch?
A bit late answer, but it might help others. For leveling purposes, once you get out fo t1, get Keepers set and level up in Carnage set. On lvl25 you'll be able to get Pierce Armor and Elixir of Insane Power (thanks to +1 into Carnage from Keepers set). Once you get level 26, spec cookie cutter Treachery - Increased pain and Heart Seeker. Up to lvl 32 I'd suggest stay in Treachery up to Sacrificial Stab and Masterful Treachery. After this point it's either staying in full Treachery or trying out full Carnage with On your Knees. Around lvl 35is (you should be rr40 or even better rr50 by that time) you have opportunity to mix Treachery up with Suffering, which should work best.

I've made video of my lvl 25/26 baby WE roaming and fighting with rr7x or rr8x players.
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

soldude

Post#47 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:57 pm

KissShot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:12 pm
Flanking is not as great as you might be led to believe - opening on random people, sure. Leveling in oRvR solo, sure. Fighting any competent player, never (you won't get their sides/back). ToB or Sac Rewarded would be better alternatives almost always, in any build, in my and other's opinions. Frenzied mayhem isn't great either, at least in most match-ups - depends what you are going for (better for something like AOE OYKs build). Typical tactic setup if you assume use of BF is BF, IP and then either MoM (for SS), sac rewarded (one of the best def tactics in game, doesn't matter what your spec is), ToB (preferred over flanking for any "real" fight).

Moral rush is when you use OYKs as a primary finisher, use the KD almost immediately to get the moral pump, and proceed through the fight until you get m1(7 sec of parry). This is how you can beat "good" DOKs/WPs 1v1 duel arena or elsewhere, among other classes.
use feintend positioning for proc flanking. if you can't stand in the back target. (i hope its work right)

soldude

Post#48 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:03 pm

desizt wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm Renown regen is crap. and FS 4 is also crap. At that point just run Septic Blade or whatever crit reduction, too many points for FS 40+.

I was talking about the pure regen build, with hp40 jewelry, hp20 sentry weapons, hp80 warlord chest or hp60 merc corset with 5pc dominator.

Don't take renown regen.
i have full regen build.
2x weapons, 3xjewelery, warlord corset, regen hp in rr + dominator x5 and full toughess talis - 650+ with potion. But i still played in my vanq+genesis+fortess weapon, better for solo roaming (imho).
Just need all time use regen hp potions in fight. (have problem with one billion dots on my face)

Ads
Spyked1106

Post#49 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 pm

is that those WE complaining about not killing anything at rr70+ by spec'ing def in sov gear?
i see so many WE in sov gear dealing 15% dps on an AM health bar after a stun that nothing can astonish me (inc, stun, then detaunt nothing)
you got wrong kiss, wrong builds, wrong ra spec, wrongs tactics
all wrong
and i dont even talk about OPENING skills...
TY
Last edited by Spyked1106 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soldude

Post#50 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:23 pm

desizt wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:29 pm Renown regen is crap. and FS 4 is also crap. At that point just run Septic Blade or whatever crit reduction, too many points for FS 40+.

Don't take renown regen.
slayer - just killed me in full vanq after 3sec. (tested hp regen build too vs toshitkup - im dead)
wl - knock and u dead
wh - use potion after attack you. Elixir of shadow and knock him.
ib - no problem
kotbs - no problem
sm\snb - have problem.
am - hp regen potions\ ap potions.
engi - no problem.
bw - ez target
sw - no problem\ if that not melee sw ^)
all healers - no problem Only if they don't use detaunt constantly
Last edited by soldude on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.