Recent Topics

Ads

Frozen Touch, Daemonic Chill and tactics

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Deifact

Frozen Touch, Daemonic Chill and tactics

Post#1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:12 pm

I've got some questions about group buffs like Frozen Touch, Daemonic Chill and the DoK covenants (if they work the same).
Do these group buffs work like a Chosen's aura whereby as long as I have the buff, any groupmates nearby will also get the buff? Or do they need to be within range when I apply the buff?

For DoK covenants do they work the same?

With Tapping The Dark, if Frozen touch can be overwritten by another Sorc, I'm guessing this tactic will no longer trigger? How does the game prioritise which Frozen Touch buff is kept? Is it just always overwritten by a more recent buff?

Ads
Foofmonger

Re: Frozen Touch, Daemonic Chill and tactics

Post#2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Deifact wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:12 pm I've got some questions about group buffs like Frozen Touch, Daemonic Chill and the DoK covenants (if they work the same).
Do these group buffs work like a Chosen's aura whereby as long as I have the buff, any groupmates nearby will also get the buff? Or do they need to be within range when I apply the buff?

For DoK covenants do they work the same?

With Tapping The Dark, if Frozen touch can be overwritten by another Sorc, I'm guessing this tactic will no longer trigger? How does the game prioritise which Frozen Touch buff is kept? Is it just always overwritten by a more recent buff?
I don't know about your 2nd point:

On your first point, some buffs need to be casted, and some are effectively "auras" that come out of the caster.

Frozen Touch and Daemonic Chill do not work like a Chosen's aura. They need to be in range when you apply the buff.

DoK covenants do work like a Chosen's aura. They will get the buff as soon as they come in range.

"Generally speaking" aura-buffs like covenenants and Chosen auras do not have a "duration" or "time" that they are up. Buffs that need to be casted directly on people generally "do" have timers, so this is an easy way to tell the difference (does the buff last forever or only for a certain time).

Hope that helps.

Deifact

Post#3 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:34 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:27 pm

On your first point, some buffs need to be casted, and some are effectively "auras" that come out of the caster.

Frozen Touch and Daemonic Chill do not work like a Chosen's aura. They need to be in range when you apply the buff.

DoK covenants do work like a Chosen's aura. They will get the buff as soon as they come in range.

"Generally speaking" aura-buffs like covenenants and Chosen auras do not have a "duration" or "time" that they are up. Buffs that need to be casted directly on people generally "do" have timers, so this is an easy way to tell the difference (does the buff last forever or only for a certain time).

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the answers! And the clarification on the timer, that's useful to keep in mind. It's a bit annoying having to recast non-aura like buffs, I wonder if there is a reason to not make all group buffs act like auras?

Vayra

Post#4 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Deifact wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:34 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the answers! And the clarification on the timer, that's useful to keep in mind. It's a bit annoying having to recast non-aura like buffs, I wonder if there is a reason to not make all group buffs act like auras?
You can shatter the applied buffs to remove them, you can't do that for auras.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG