Recent Topics

Ads

DoK questions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
deynoc

DoK questions

Post#1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:45 am

Hey there, I only just recently started playing RoR and I had some questions about the DoK. How viable is running a melee focused DoK and what are some good builds for that?

Ads
wheredigo08

Re: DoK questions

Post#2 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:31 am

Melee Dok is great for 1v1's and can do really well in sc's, but like any other melee dps, its good to have a healer and a dedicated tank to guard you. Their damage is high and their self sustain is really helpful. Once you get to 40 however it falls off hard until you get really good gear. For the most part people don't want to see or deal with melee doks unless they have at least Blood Lord gear. As for specs, you'll focus on the middle tree, but there are multiple ways to play a melee dok, just figure out which abilities suit you well in the middle and right tree and spec for it. You will want curse of khain for the heal reduction as well as murderous intent for the crit. After that, for the most part, play the skills you want and get really high stats

deynoc

Re: DoK questions

Post#3 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:44 am

wheredigo08 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:31 am Melee Dok is great for 1v1's and can do really well in sc's, but like any other melee dps, its good to have a healer and a dedicated tank to guard you. Their damage is high and their self sustain is really helpful. Once you get to 40 however it falls off hard until you get really good gear. For the most part people don't want to see or deal with melee doks unless they have at least Blood Lord gear. As for specs, you'll focus on the middle tree, but there are multiple ways to play a melee dok, just figure out which abilities suit you well in the middle and right tree and spec for it. You will want curse of khain for the heal reduction as well as murderous intent for the crit. After that, for the most part, play the skills you want and get really high stats
Thanks for the reply. What stats should I be focusing?