Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc need spec

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Sorc need spec

Post#1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello
since lotsa time apssed i wish to ask something about sorc: i play it so far aoe specced untill i will get my hands on conqueror and was looking for RR advice and spec advice
so farm i am something like this:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5429,5388

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;3;3;0;0

any advice kindly? :D

Ads
revis2

Re: Sorc need spec

Post#2 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:24 pm

Some good builds in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=35924

adamthelc

Post#3 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:17 pm

You seem low on Intel. The first thing I would do is get 1050 Intel.

I can tell by your spec that you aren't fully embracing AoE sorc. I could recommend different builds, but you probably need to play a little differently if you want to get the most out of the spec.

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:28 pm

some of these spec i do not like at all they recomnd aoe spec to go on spells that needs 30 feet range which is quite suicidal in rvr or scenario. i will use em in pvp i was looking for aoe wise in rvr

adamthelc

Post#5 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Don't really know how to recommend a build for someone who is scared to use some of their best abilities.

I guess whatever you are currently using is fine for your playstyle.

Asherdoom

Post#6 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:21 pm

the linked specs are with skills that work in 30 feet wchic seems risky in rvr area considering they will focus you instantly... maybe they are pve ones?

Phantasm

Post#7 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:02 pm

I had same worries at the beginning of playing BW in warbands. I used to play only range classes and prekite and distance was a holy grail,
but then my guild leader said: BW is like melee caster, dont be affraid to be side by side with WLs and SL, they melt same way as you if not guarded and healed. So I played melee BW in organised guild warband - best time of my gameplay!

Asherdoom

Post#8 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 pm

gonna try for sure thanks :D and gear wise? I imagine thougness gogo?

Ads
Phantasm

Post#9 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:16 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 pm gonna try for sure thanks :D and gear wise? I imagine thougness gogo?
Bombling’s Brightwizard Compendium
Its not per se sorc guide, but many similar if not identical aspects are share by both classes - gear, itemization, defensive stuff etc.
Great reading, recomend to any sorc/BW.

marisco

Post#10 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Infernal Wave is the hardest hitting realiable ability you have as a AOE sorc. If you spec into Lengthening Shadows you can hit it from almost 90 yards. You dont have do be close at all to use it.

Don't ever think that you'll be spamming Shattered Shadows as your bread and butter. Its situational at best (Example: Hitting people around oil on keeps). Put up Ice spikes, Infernal wave on cd, set up pit of shades, rinse and repeat. You can grab shadow knives if you want but its really not that great. Disastrous Cascade is also very very very situational, if you need a short range aoe its better to just use Surging Pain since you can move while you use it. Black Horror is alright, but others classes can debuff INI more reliably, so it's a personal preference.

Grab lengthening shadows and neverending agony from Destruction tree to reduce the CD and increase range of Infernal Wave. With the remaining points I usually take Gloom of Night for a AOE dot and Hand of Ruin to finish priority targets or people running away. (both from Calamity tree)

This is what I run at 60+: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 29,5427&t=

The maxed out Destruction is simply to buff the damage of the abilities.